• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RollingThunder
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

@Panama and @Yubaking, can you guys stop poisoning my thread with your BS? This thread is about how much Frank Reich sucks balls. Stick to the subject please.

Comment

• Panama
      パナマ
      • Aug 2013
      • London
      • Opera singer and web developer.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
      @Panama and @Yubaking, can you guys stop poisoning my thread with your BS? This thread is about how much Frank Reich sucks balls. Stick to the subject please.
      As long as he's not sucking Manning or Brady's balls, that's ok.

So, does @ work the same way here as #?

#timetoannoy@savagelizardwithmemelogo:
      Adipose

Comment

• Yubaking
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
        I actually did the correct thing and ignored your bullshit. But the urge to respond was too strong, and I came back to it. Apologies to all for my lack of will power.

None of what you say about Inman contradicts what I wrote. I said he is a developmental type. That is, someone to develop. I did not say he is, or is anywhere close to being, a stud now.

Ajirotutu is more of a #4 or #5 WR, but it doesn't matter: he is still a solid *backup*, as I said. Not trying to make him into anything more than that.

Royal has been very good in the slot. But then, you wouldn't know good WR play if it slapped you in the face, grabbed your nuts, and whispered, "Hey hot stuff, I'm good WR play," in your ears.

Allen -- can anyone take anything you say about Allen seriously? I'm not sure there isn't a route he can't run effectively. He has great hands, runs great routes, has good playing speed, is tough, is a solid all-around WR. But he's no John Jenkins.

What, not going to criticize Malcom, too?
        Including his time in Canada, Inman has had 4 years to develop after college and does not have an NFL reception. He will be 26 in a month or so. If he were going to develop, I think we should have seen something, anything by now. Look, I was hopeful too when he caught the long pass in the preseason, but it has not panned out for him and there are only two games left in the regular season. To me, we should be exploring better options at WR for next year.

I like Ajirotutu, but he has not done much as a WR in terms of overall production, including this year. He remains a ST standout for us and I want him kept for that reason.

A WR like Royal that has been healthy all season cannot be "very good" if he is not in the top 60 in either receptions or yardage even before we get to his fumble and the awful INT he caused in week 1. As I said, he has been solid for us. He has not been close to "very good" for us.

Allen has TERRIBLE playing speed for a WR. He is the only WR I can recall being run down from behind by a LB. Recently, CBs have been all over his ass to the point of giving him a rectal examination on virtually every route he is running. Now, part of the fault for that is with Reich's lack of creative play calling and running Allen on so many short routes, but the other part is that teams are completely ignoring the possibility that Allen will beat them deep because he can't. He has good (above average) hands, but not elite hands. He does not always run the correct routes and has been yelled at by Rivers on more than occasion for having that problem. He does have superior initial quickness with his first move. He is an all around #2 WR with a key limitation that allows defenses to cheat against us on offense.

And the reason I did not say anything about Floyd is that he is the one WR we have whose abilities you did not exaggerate.

Comment

• Yubaking
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
          I think we should consider other options next year when it comes to play calling. Reich has been okay and pretty good at times, but he has been bad enough at other times to the point that I am convinced that we should go in a different direction in 2015.
          Last edited by Yubaking; 12-17-2014, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
            I think we should consider other options next year when it comes to play calling. Reich has been okay and pretty god at times, but he has been bad enough at other times to the point that I am convinced that we should go in a different direction in 2015.
            I'd like to see them go in a direction that features a healthy and above average OL and RB corps- no matter who the OC or playcaller during games is.
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

The thing with Inman is up until this point, there was no need to ever activate him so I'm not sure you can pass judgment on whether his time has passed or not. He wasn't going to beat out Floyd, Allen or Royal this season and Tutu is just too good at special teams that he has been just an insurance policy. Now we'll see if he can show something in a real, crucial game for us. I don't have big expectations but he now has his chance.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                As long as he's not sucking Manning or Brady's balls, that's ok.

So, does @ work the same way here as #?

#timetoannoy@savagelizardwithmemelogo:
                n0w y0ur gEtit p1ssp1pes!
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• Yubaking
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                  I'd like to see them go in a direction that features a healthy and above average OL and RB corps- no matter who the OC or playcaller during games is.
                  There is no doubt that we have a personnel issue with our OL and a health issue with our RBs.

But Reich has been a downgrade from Whisenhunt. For a chunk of this season, I thought he was almost as good as Whisenhunt, but I can't hold to that opinion any longer. His lack of creativity and predictability in his play calling is a big part of why the offense has struggled as are the issues that you have identified. I think they all have combined to produce what we have seen on the field.

Comment

• Yubaking
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    The thing with Inman is up until this point, there was no need to ever activate him so I'm not sure you can pass judgment on whether his time has passed or not. He wasn't going to beat out Floyd, Allen or Royal this season and Tutu is just too good at special teams that he has been just an insurance policy. Now we'll see if he can show something in a real, crucial game for us. I don't have big expectations but he now has his chance.
                    Okay, but I think he has been active in 5 games and does not have a single reception. Now, I am sure that he has not had that much playing time, so I agree that this is his big chance. But since he has been active in 5 games and has done literally nothing for us, I am not too excited about him being a big contributor for us.

Comment

• BoltBalls
                      Always keep eye contact!
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SD!
                      • Send PM

This is a very well written article by Kyle Posey regarding the offense and Frank Reich:

I pretty much agree on all points, especially the fact that our starting guards need to be replaced. It is bringing the performance of the whole OL down.

Comment

• MakoShark
                        Disgruntled
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Alabama
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBalls View Post
                        This is a very well written article by Kyle Posey regarding the offense and Frank Reich:

I pretty much agree on all points, especially the fact that our starting guards need to be replaced. It is bringing the performance of the whole OL down.
                        That is a good write up. Have to agree with everything he points out. Thanks for posting that.
                        sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
                          There is no doubt that we have a personnel issue with our OL and a health issue with our RBs.

But Reich has been a downgrade from Whisenhunt. For a chunk of this season, I thought he was almost as good as Whisenhunt, but I can't hold to that opinion any longer. His lack of creativity and predictability in his play calling is a big part of why the offense has struggled as are the issues that you have identified. I think they all have combined to produce what we have seen on the field.
                          why in the world would you expect a guy in his 1st year as an OC to be as competent as a guy who was a long time OC for the Steelers before becoming HC of the Cards and going to the Super Bowl before spending 1 year as our OC before getting hired as a HC again? Those many years of experience count in the NFL and its totally unfair to compare the 2 guys as though they had equal backgrounds and experience. Add in Wiz had a MUCH better OL anchoring the offense last year along with Woodhead and Mathews to make the running game go and you are comparing apples to oranges in last year's offense to this year. Its not all on Reich as his hands are pretty much tied here in what he can do with the personnel limitations and you can bet when they installed this offense back in the Spring they didn't have a Plan B or C ready that would shift to a magically efficient and productive offense after your OL and RBs get wiped out. Temper your expectations with reality here....
                          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                          X