• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Kras:
    McCoy said coaches could've done better of pulling team out of rut during game. Interesting, candid comment.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• thelightningwill
      Go Aztecs and Pads
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
      That's been my position all along: at RG, Clary is a solid starter. The results this season seems to be backing me up.
      Clary may or may not be a "solid starter." Whatever the case, he was better last year than his replacement has been this year. It is possible to replace somebody who sucks with somebody who is even worse.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

I don't think Clary was a particularly good guard, but he is leaps and bounds better than both Troutman and Watt are right now - but that is an awfully low bar.

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          Kras:
          McCoy said coaches could've done better of pulling team out of rut during game. Interesting, candid comment.
          He praises them all the time when they win. Fair is fair.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
            you wouldn't sign Dunlap back?
            Dunlap is just a guy. I'm thankful for him giving the LT position some stability after the Gaither fiasco, but we need to stop having "just guys" on the OL and get some solid fucking talent. I realize we can't have a pro bowler at every position on the OL including backups, but there should be active interest in upgrading wherever/whenever possible.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              I don't think Clary was a particularly good guard, but he is leaps and bounds better than both Troutman and Watt are right now - but that is an awfully low bar.
              Sure, it's all relative. Maybe Clary just benefited from the "new coach, new position" smell last season and would have stunk it up again this year. All I know is that Rhinehart and Troutman do absolutely nothing for us.

Just cross your fingers Watt can develop into a good center, slide Fluker to RG, find another Goff type of signing to play LG, spend some quality money on RT and draft a future LT prospect this year. This current OL must go.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• SFW
                PB Official Game Thread Starter
                • Jul 2013
                • NY
                • USMC
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                Dunlap is just a guy. I'm thankful for him giving the LT position some stability after the Gaither fiasco, but we need to stop having "just guys" on the OL and get some solid fucking talent. I realize we can't have a pro bowler at every position on the OL including backups, but there should be active interest in upgrading wherever/whenever possible.
                I understand what you are saying here. Dunlap will never be a pro-bowler or dominant LT but he might be the last of the current 5 starters that I would try to replace or upgrade if I was the GM. I would completely focus on the middle three spots this off-season. Watt might be able to fill one of those spots or he may be a super sub for all three.
                1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
                2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
                3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
                4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
                5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
                6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
                7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• Den60
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                  Dunlap is servicable, not great but not terrible. The issue is we need 3 quality starters on the o-line next year, one being center. That in itself is a big need if you ignore our other needs.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                    Dunlap is servicable, not great but not terrible. The issue is we need 3 quality starters on the o-line next year, one being center. That in itself is a big need if you ignore our other needs.
                    The Bolts also need to sign a left tackle
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Sec-E4
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2014
                      • Arizona
                      • Send PM

People are tripping if they're saying Clary was good...This terrible O-Line play, Stems back to losing Hardwick..Yah, We put a bandaid on it & that is no longer working. Legursky could have work out, And now we're using a hurt Ornberger

The Domino affect is hurting everyone on the line.....I never realized Hardwick was the main piece to the puzzle, The head on Voltron...hopefully Orn can get healthy soon

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

The lone loss of Hardwick is not the issue.
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Panama
                          パナマ
                          • Aug 2013
                          • London
                          • Opera singer and web developer.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
                          People are tripping if they're saying Clary was good...This terrible O-Line play, Stems back to losing Hardwick..Yah, We put a bandaid on it & that is no longer working. Legursky could have work out, And now we're using a hurt Ornberger

The Domino affect is hurting everyone on the line.....I never realized Hardwick was the main piece to the puzzle, The head on Voltron...hopefully Orn can get healthy soon
                          I must be tripping. I thought Clary was horrible at RT but pretty good at RG.
                          Adipose

Comment

Working...
                          X