• Show
Clear All
  • TABF
    Por debajo del promedio
    • Jun 2013
    • SoCal
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Marshall/Boogie View Post
    Nope, I do not. Been a Charger since 1978 when I was 8, and I'm hoping for Reich to get another shot with us. I believe he will learn from the mistakes he's made in his first year when his offense missed it's two top RBs and a top WR for either a significant amount of the season or during a critical part of the schedule. In addition to an OL that played at least 5 centers, a RT in a sophomore slump and whose QB, whose is tougher than most, was injured for the last 1/3 of the season. With all that, one win way away from another playoff appearance.

So, no, I don't think one season is enough to make a fair assessment of his performance. I'd like for him to be given another shot.

But having differences of opinion is part of human nature, isn't it?
    Dude spazzed far too many times to get another chance!

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
      Dude spazzed far too many times to get another chance!
      Don't agree. He did have some calls that I questioned but every single OC I have ever flowed can have the same thing said about. I would expect his play calling would miraculously improve as the talent and health of the offense improves.

Comment

• TABF
        Por debajo del promedio
        • Jun 2013
        • SoCal
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        Don't agree. He did have some calls that I questioned but every single OC I have ever flowed can have the same thing said about. I would expect his play calling would miraculously improve as the talent and health of the offense improves.
        My worry is that his body of work w/us will be a major subject during his interviews and he will not be able to explain several decisions he made, mainly THE 3rd down decision to put the ball into hands of our 4th RB. Thus we will be stuck with him.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
          My worry is that his body of work w/us will be a major subject during his interviews and he will not be able to explain several decisions he made, mainly THE 3rd down decision to put the ball into hands of our 4th RB. Thus we will be stuck with him.
          People forget our first and goal play calls from the 1 at Washington last year under Whiz. There were some unhappy people then and in the end it all comes back to execution.

I am surprised that he is even being interviewed, but not for the reasons some on this board are. He has only been an OC for a single season, so he has little experience high up in a coaching staff. I am honestly not worried we'll be stuck with him as I give him an incomplete on the season. The fact that the team is so high on him and he is obviously well thought of through the league as he is getting interviews for 2 different teams says something.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

People forget our first and goal play calls from the 1 at Washington last year under Whiz. There were some unhappy people then and in the end it all comes back to execution.

I am surprised that he is even being interviewed, but not for the reasons some on this board are. He has only been an OC for a single season, so he has little experience high up in a coaching staff. I am honestly not worried we'll be stuck with him as I give him an incomplete on the season. The fact that the team is so high on him and he is obviously well thought of through the league as he is getting interviews for 2 different teams says something.
            I agree. Some people have their ass in a knot without really looking at the circumstances we played in throughout the year. Our skill,positions were decimated by injury, and our interior line was a revolving door every week.

Comment

• Beerman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Eastlake
              • Send PM

I was disappointed we turned into full on passing offense. Also, don't cite the injuries, from the first game we were a heavy 3 and 4 WR set team. There was no balance in the offense and the play calling wasn't varied enough from week to week.

While I have issues with Pagano's game plans sometimes, he's a hell of an in game adjustments guy. Reich seemingly changed nothing all game long.

He seems like an intelligent person and will likely be a good head coach because players seem to like him. He just needs to get an experienced group of coaches around him. He was out of his league as an OC.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                I was disappointed we turned into full on passing offense. Also, don't cite the injuries, from the first game we were a heavy 3 and 4 WR set team. There was no balance in the offense and the play calling wasn't varied enough from week to week.

While I have issues with Pagano's game plans sometimes, he's a hell of an in game adjustments guy. Reich seemingly changed nothing all game long.

He seems like an intelligent person and will likely be a good head coach because players seem to like him. He just needs to get an experienced group of coaches around him. He was out of his league as an OC.
                Eggs Ackly!
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• Boltdog
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Lunar Surface
                  • Nutrition Consultant
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                  ...He seems like an intelligent person and will likely be a good head coach because players seem to like him. He just needs to get an experienced group of coaches around him. He was out of his league as an OC.
                  Boy, that seems like the rationale some bottom-feeding teams have previously used (TEN-Munchak, Oakland-Bugel, etc.) If a coach has not succeeded as a coordinator, why would he necessarily do better as a HC (with no prior NFL experience in this case)? Reich is likely to hire a OC with the same philosophy he used last season as our OC. Along with a lot of Bolt fans, I hope Reich does go to BUF as their "top target." But I think this would be an emotional hire more than one based on accomplishments...
                  Fighting for Carson...and Wilmington...ity:

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdog View Post
                    Boy, that seems like the rationale some bottom-feeding teams have previously used (TEN-Munchak, Oakland-Bugel, etc.) If a coach has not succeeded as a coordinator, why would he necessarily do better as a HC (with no prior NFL experience in this case)? Reich is likely to hire a OC with the same philosophy he used last season as our OC. Along with a lot of Bolt fans, I hope Reich does go to BUF as their "top target." But I think this would be an emotional hire more than one based on accomplishments...
                    There have been plenty who have suceeded as coordinators who were not successful HCs as well.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

It's astonishing how many stupid people in the league there must be if they like an idiot like Reich, someone a few here know is an unqualified loser in over his head.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

It's astonishing how many stupid people in the league there must be if they like an idiot like Reich, someone a few here know is an unqualified loser in over his head.
                        Big difference between a HC and a Coordinator. There have been a lot of Coordinators that made awful HCs. And a lot of HCs that were are would be awful Coordinators.

Two very different jobs
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                          Big difference between a HC and a Coordinator. There have been a lot of Coordinators that made awful HCs. And a lot of HCs that were are would be awful Coordinators.

Two very different jobs
                          Agreed. And some coaches don't succeed as HC right away either (Bill Belichick). I just find it amusing the amount of heat a guy playing with half a deck is getting. I can't pass judgment that the guy is a terrible OC based on what he had to work with last year. He may not be turn out to be a very good OC or he may be a very good OC but I really don't think ANY coordinator was going to do much with what we had last year.

Comment

Working...
                          X