Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerville View Post
    I noticed this too. I'm sitting there on the sofa saying, just drive and ball control for crying out loud.

The Chargers had 1 and 10 at the Chiefs 33 yard line with 3 minutes to go, and Rivers attempts a bomb on second down (which put us in third and long) ... and we were down 35-21 to the Broncos, with the ball at their 45 yard line with 6:00 minutes to go ... could have drove and made it interesting but River's again, attempts a deep pass and is intercepted.

My problem with that drive in the Chiefs game was that, you knew our defense weren't stopping their offense, so you had to know that the best course of action would be, drive, eat up clock, and score (TD or Field goal) with not that much time remaining. Makes no sense to try and score quickly. We were down 17-20 and had a 1-10 at the Chiefs 33, with only a little over 3 minutes remaining, you freaking dink and dunk, drive and try to win while also playing keep away.

We talk about game managers or what have you, but sometimes I feel like Philip Rivers has the gun slinging thing down, but the managing the game thing, needs a lot of work. I feel like he's pretty good at managing in lopsided score situations, or when the Chargers jump out to a nice lead, but in dog fights against good teams, or when they fall behind against good teams, I worry!

... And of course it doesn't help when you can't run the ball and stop anybody.
    Good post!
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• TABF
      Por debajo del promedio
      • Jun 2013
      • SoCal
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      I don't think it's an ego thing - it's a pressing thing. Looks like he is trying to make things happen instead of taking what the defense is offering.
      PR17 is going all 2012 on us, when he doesn't need to.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
        PR17 is going all 2012 on us, when he doesn't need to.
        He does need to resist the urge to try and single hand-idly win games but let's also be real here - with no running game and very poor pass protection, it's going to be hard on him.

Comment

• Knucklebear
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

The scary thing is that the Chargers haven't fixed any of the problems that they've exhibited over the past few weeks. Too many penalties, low percentage passes in lieu of high percentage passes, no run blocking, no run defense, no pass rush and bad tackling.

I'm really starting to question the coaching staff and what they're doing (or not doing) to fix it. Is the lack of execution due to terrible coaching or lack of talent?

Comment

It's my fault guys. I didn't get to watch the game yesterday.

Comment

Working...
            X