• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Big question. Is Joey Bosa the best player in the 2016 draft? Here are the contenders. Where does Bosa rank? What are your rankings? I have to say, it's hard to put any player over Michael Thomas. He is doing things no WR has ever done in the NFL.

#47 Michael Thomas
    # 4 Ezekiel Elliot
    #5 Jalen Ramsey
    #7 DeForest Buckner
    #2 Carson Wentz
    #165 Tyreek Hill
    #1 Jared Goff
    #45 Derrick Henry
    #37 Chris Jones
    #6 Ronnie Stanley
    #13 Laremy Tunsil
    good question - I would put him right in the middle

as for the signing - glad it got done. good news for the team

interesting to see if they gave him new money for this season - they should// they have the cap space to help future years.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Logged in this morning and I find out I have Bosa for 6 years anchoring my D. It is a dammed fine Wednesday indeed. Hell to the yes!!!!!!

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
        Logged in this morning and I find out I have Bosa for 6 years anchoring my D. It is a dammed fine Wednesday indeed. Hell to the yes!!!!!!
        When your division rival is coming off a SB win and has the best QB in the league who does things no other QB has ever done, and you have one of the best young pass rushers in the league on your roster on the final year of his rookie contract, you lock that dude up. Even though the timing right now surprised me, when you think about it for 5 seconds it's a no-brainer.

Comment

• Boltsfan70
          East Coast Chargers Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
          • Send PM

Woohoo

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post
            Well with joey resigning with us it takes the bad taste out of my mouth from the hold out as a rookie, and my fear he was gonna let momma bosa call the shots and force a way out. I feel alot better now that we got him secured. I never expected him to resign with us
            That's what I worried about the most. It makes sense to stay where you are at for the most part, and the Chargers seem to be showing the love outside the negotiation table too. I guess that Bosa Brothers team-up wasn't to be.

Comment

• charger1993
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

That's what I worried about the most. It makes sense to stay where you are at for the most part, and the Chargers seem to be showing the love outside the negotiation table too. I guess that Bosa Brothers team-up wasn't to be.
              Since day 1 that gave me stress, so this whole time i was sitting back like "im not gonna get attached hes gonna walk". Turns out momma bosa didnt play a big role. Feels good seeing Joey locked in for 6 more years

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

When your division rival is coming off a SB win and has the best QB in the league who does things no other QB has ever done, and you have one of the best young pass rushers in the league on your roster on the final year of his rookie contract, you lock that dude up. Even though the timing right now surprised me, when you think about it for 5 seconds it's a no-brainer.
                The Chargers didn't have the ability to get an offensive talent like Patrick Mahomes. Hell - not many teams do. (If he wasn't in the NFCWest I would like him more!! - amazing to watch). So the way to beat him is to hopefully play better defense. Keeping Bosa does that. Bosa on the DL, along with Ingrams still trying to figure out LB but on the back end, you got guys like Derwin James and maybe Harris or Hayward.

So again, the key to me this year on defense, besides health: what do the "role players" like the DTs (Tillery, Jones, Joseph), the LBs, Drue or Murray and of course the other safety position with Jenkins, maybe Des KIng, Davis. Can they just do their jobs so Bosa, James and Ingram can be the "good trouble" makers on defense

Comment

• UtahBolt
                  Did we win?
                  • Jun 2013
                  • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                  • Send PM

Was shocked when I heard this last night. Absolutely awesome, a corner piece for years to come.
                  I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Irmo, SC
                    • Send PM

Lol! I guess I was so happy that we locked him up that I didn't think about how UNHAPPY our division rival QBs are about it.

Comment

• boldarblood
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      I guess that Bosa Brothers team-up wasn't to be.

perhaps they were not planning it in San Francisco, not to late for #BosaTakeOver in LA. Sign SuperMel to a contract that ends when Baby Bosa hits the FA line... Hah one can dream right?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post

perhaps they were not planning it in San Francisco, not to late for #BosaTakeOver in LA. Sign SuperMel to a contract that ends when Baby Bosa hits the FA line... Hah one can dream right?
                        I like your mindset!
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Well the one thing we know about the Bosa family is they are about the money. When you offer him a contract to be the #1 or #2 highest paid defender in the NFL it’s a no brainer. I am sure they were very happy to stay here for that $. That being said it’s great to see him locked up and happy for the next 6 years.

Comment

Working...
                          X