• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post

perhaps they were not planning it in San Francisco, not to late for #BosaTakeOver in LA. Sign SuperMel to a contract that ends when Baby Bosa hits the FA line... Hah one can dream right?
    I would call 49ers.
    Offer Melvin-DE. 2021 1st&3rd. 2022 1st.
    for Nick Bosa.

A lot to give up. Kinda. But.....you get a younger better player than Melvin.

You wont have the 2021 & 2022 1st rd pick to pay money to. That money goes to Nick on a contract extension..you are very unlikely to get a player of his caliber with either of the 1st. Your really just using your 2021 1st to select Nick and it cost you a 1st and a 3rd.

You add Melvin because his contract is up after this year. And if that isnt enough. Add Mike Williams to the deal. I think he is overrated and a bit injury prone and his contract will be up in 2021.

i rather put those resources toward getting Nick.
    Extending Kennan Allen whose contract is up after this year. And then in another year Derwin needs an extension. And if Hunter Henry has a great year resign him.

Bye bye Melvin & Mike. No problem giving up the two 1st and 3rd.

Its worth it,imo to use those assets to make things happen.

And in the larger scheme. What happens with Keenan and Melvin whose contracts expire. Charger get nothing but bottom 3rd rd comp at best.

Do it TT!!! Go get Nick. And lock up Keenan this year. And the following year lock up Derwin.
    Last edited by Critty; 07-29-2020, 01:45 PM.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
      So exciting. I didn't think this would get done. It did.

Nice work, T2!

(Now let's hope they get to play a season.)
      I agree..... this shocked me, but in a good way..... not used to seeing Chargers throw NFL leading salaries at many players...... for a few days Fouts was highest paid (till elway signed for slightly more...lol)..... and I assume that LT might have been highest-paid RB at least for a short time at some point in his career....?

Letting Rivers go allowed team to pull off this contract as well as some of our FA adds.....

and if Herbert turns out to be a great QB, Bosa's contract will be about over when Herbert needs a big deal.....

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I would call 49ers.
        Offer Melvin-DE. 2021 1st&3rd. 2022 1st.
        for Nick Bosa.

A lot to give up. Kinda. But.....you get a younger better player than Melvin.

You wont have the 2021 & 2022 1st rd pick to pay money to. That money goes to Nick on a contract extension..you are very unlikely to get a player of his caliber with either of the 1st. Your really just using your 2021 1st to select Nick and it cost you a 1st and a 3rd.

You add Melvin because his contract is up after this year. And if that isnt enough. Add Mike Williams to the deal. I think he is overrated and a bit injury prone and his contract will be up in 2021.

i rather put those resources toward getting Nick.
        Extending Kennan Allen whose contract is up after this year. And then in another year Derwin needs an extension. And if Hunter Henry has a great year resign him.

Bye bye Melvin & Mike. No problem giving up the two 1st and 3rd.

Its worth it,imo to use those assets to make things happen.

And in the larger scheme. What happens with Keenan and Melvin whose contracts expire. Charger get nothing but bottom 3rd rd comp at best.

Do it TT!!! Go get Nick. And lock up Keenan this year. And the following year lock up Derwin.
        interesting trade ideas and trading guys whose contracts are coming due is also a good way to handle guys that may not deserve huge money.....

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

LOL...the Bosa brothers playing together would never happen, save for in the twilight of Joey's career....2 100+ million pass rushers on the same team? Maybe late in their careers they could swing it...or right now with Nick on the first contract...but SF would never trade him.
          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Bosa has been our best player the past few years.
            Totally deserves big contract and we totally need him to continue to set the tone for our D if we hope to win.
            Well done Bolts!

Comment

• madcaplaughs
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Say what you want about the Spanos', but you at least gotta give them credit for being the anti Gene Klein on this one

Comment

• soutbolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Wow. This is awesome. I thought no way was he re upping here.

Comment

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  Big question. Is Joey Bosa the best player in the 2016 draft? Here are the contenders. Where does Bosa rank? What are your rankings? I have to say, it's hard to put any player over Michael Thomas. He is doing things no WR has ever done in the NFL.

#47 Michael Thomas
                  # 4 Ezekiel Elliot
                  #5 Jalen Ramsey
                  #7 DeForest Buckner
                  #2 Carson Wentz
                  #165 Tyreek Hill
                  #1 Jared Goff
                  #45 Derrick Henry
                  #37 Chris Jones
                  #6 Ronnie Stanley
                  #13 Laremy Tunsil
                  Dak Prescott (#135) should at least be on the list of candidates.

I think the best players on the list are Tyreek Hill, Michael Thomas and Ezekiel Elliott. Bosa and Ramsey are probably the next two with Prescott, Buckner and Stanley after that.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Caslon
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Not having to pay $35 million in wages this year to those now on other teams, anyone else to lock up with an offer they can't refuse?

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                        Not having to pay $35 million in wages this year to those now on other teams, anyone else to lock up with an offer they can't refuse?
                        Easy.......Keenan.........

Comment

• JOJAX85
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Irmo, SC
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post
                          Say what you want about the Spanos', but you at least gotta give them credit for being the anti Gene Klein on this one
                          Yeh man. That Coryell bunch was maybe 1 or 2 pieces from a championship & he let JJ & Dean walk.

Comment

Working...
                          X