• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Why not trade Melvin to SF for Nick and a draft pick and whatever. Doubt this has any chance of happening but cant hurt. All they can say is no...and they probably will.

Comment

• jubei
      Vagabond Ninja
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

SF would look at Melvin and say GTFO! They'd probably be more about the draft pick(s) than Melvin.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Hard to build a roster when you start doing a lot of 2 for 1's. We lose a starting DE and get a DE, but then we have a hole left some other place. Sure, we can easily fill that hole with just a body, but has been part of the problem.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Hard to build a roster when you start doing a lot of 2 for 1's. We lose a starting DE and get a DE, but then we have a hole left some other place. Sure, we can easily fill that hole with just a body, but has been part of the problem.
          We losing a DE who has hit his ceiling a while ago for a DE who has more potentual is how i see it.

If they want to make it happen,..... IF there is any chance of it happening, which i doubt, they have to get creative. Other teams seem to be able to be creative in doing this.

Maybe Lamp for example will have success there that he hasnt had here...or stay healthy that he hasnt done here. Perryman can be trade bait too. I dont see a hole trading a guy(Perryman) that plays half the year when we have Tranquill and now Murray.
          A change may do them (Perryman, Lamp) good. Just to throw out a couple of scenario's. It CAN be done if they want it....and Lynch has a brain fart.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We losing a DE who has hit his ceiling a while ago for a DE who has more potentual is how i see it.

If they want to make it happen,..... IF there is any chance of it happening, which i doubt, they have to get creative. Other teams seem to be able to be creative in doing this.

Maybe Lamp for example will have success there that he hasnt had here...or stay healthy that he hasnt done here. Perryman can be trade bait too. I dont see a hole trading a guy(Perryman) that plays half the year when we have Tranquill and now Murray.
            A change may do them (Perryman, Lamp) good. Just to throw out a couple of scenario's. It CAN be done if they want it....and Lynch has a brain fart.
            A huge brain fart as the 9ers, any other team, knows the injury issues both of the “throw in players” you listed.
            If you are the 9ers GM, do you makes that trade, Bosa Jr for SupaMel, Lamp, Perryman, and a 2021 3rd?

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

For a team like us, we still need to address a number of other positions. I am fine with the idea of adding a player like Nick Bosa, but at some point, the extra 1st/2nd ...whatever round pick is the guy we need to fill one of those other holes. If we aren't going to trade a premium pick for Nick, why would the 49ers do it? The 49ers aren't stupid. Why would they trade a player that good for anything less than a king's ransom. Sure, they have depth at DL, but the reason they were so successful rushing the passer last year, was for exactly that reason. And their depth at DL doesn't have any impact on the value they assign to Nick Bosa.

Why would anyone trade for Perryman? Lamp? If a team has any thought that they could use either of those players, then they can wait and we will probably be forced to release one or the other (or both) by next season. They don't need to give up anything unless either/both plays a solid season, staying healthy for close to 16 games and playing at a fairly high level. I agree both players may just need a new start, but for teams it is still pretty risky and getting the players off the street makes way more sense.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Unless they're lower level picks for a premium player like Murray! Trading two firsts is kind of iffy at best. We'll see how the seattle trade does over the next couple of years.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

A huge brain fart as the 9ers, any other team, knows the injury issues both of the “throw in players” you listed.
                  If you are the 9ers GM, do you makes that trade, Bosa Jr for SupaMel, Lamp, Perryman, and a 2021 3rd?
                  Doesn't have to be those guys asside from Ingram. I'm just saying they need to get creative. Other teams have done it. Would I do it? No, I would rather have N. Bosa than Ingram but Lynch did trade Buckner because he knows he can't pay them all. I am aware he got a first for Buckner.
                  I honestly don't think the Bosa Brothers will EVER play on the same team.

Comment

• PR#1
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

N Bosa will be too expensive. You can't have 2 DE's at a cost of 280M.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Only if Bosa Jr climbs on top of Shanahan's car and urinates on it.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Doesn't have to be those guys asside from Ingram. I'm just saying they need to get creative. Other teams have done it. Would I do it? No, I would rather have N. Bosa than Ingram but Lynch did trade Buckner because he knows he can't pay them all. I am aware he got a first for Buckner.
                        I honestly don't think the Bosa Brothers will EVER play on the same team.
                        I think you mean making a move that is risky, but has great upside if it succeeds.
                        Ripping someone off in a trade would be nice, but not generally available.
                        i think drafting Herbert is that risky move with great upside: they passed up on some really good players.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
                          San Diego Native
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Farmington, NM
                          • Send PM

No, if I were the 49ers GM I do not make that deal and due to the insult of the offer I refuse to take TTs calls for a year.

Baby Bosa is a young up and coming NFL MVP type on a rookie deal. In order to acquire that type of talent the Chargers would need to give up that type of talent. The only similar player on the roster is DJ. So to even be taken seriously in trade talks, the Chargers would need to offer Derwin James, cash to off balance the extra rookie contract time, and a 3rd round pick to balance out that DE is a more premium position than S.

Comment

Working...
                          X