First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

He's been accused of some terrible things, probably did them. But how culpable is the NFL culture itself? They turned a blind eye when he assaulted a female with a golf club, right? All that shit leading up to the racist voice mails? I don't like the idea of colluding to blackball him. The NFL should have the balls to either take a stand and officially ban him (they won't because they'll get sued) or let him pursue his career and if someone wants to sign him he should be allowed to work.

And I agree with the notion that he could change, but I'm not sure he really has.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
      He's been accused of some terrible things, probably did them. But how culpable is the NFL culture itself? They turned a blind eye when he assaulted a female with a golf club, right? All that shit leading up to the racist voice mails? I don't like the idea of colluding to blackball him. The NFL should have the balls to either take a stand and officially ban him (they won't because they'll get sued) or let him pursue his career and if someone wants to sign him he should be allowed to work.

And I agree with the notion that he could change, but I'm not sure he really has.
      Nobody is being forced to not sign him.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

If nothing else, any team that signs Incognito is telling every current and future player for that team that you can do whatever you want, the team will ignore it if you play well enough. They will also have to deal with the backlash from their fans and other FA out there who might want to sign with a team.

Comment

• floydefisher
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • siberiacuse, ny
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          If nothing else, any team that signs Incognito is telling every current and future player for that team that you can do whatever you want, the team will ignore it if you play well enough. They will also have to deal with the backlash from their fans and other FA out there who might want to sign with a team.
          Locker room issues aside, he's not that good to begin with....read the info I dug up on him.

In his prime, he would kill drives with stupid penalties...now, he's not good enough to start for most teams.

Let Denver have him if they want.
          sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

I find myself agreeing with everything in this post.

Do you have a newsletter that I may subscribe to?
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

I'm no fan of Incognito.

But, if he can help the team, and we're in dire straights with the interior of the line, I can't see why he wouldn't be worth a gander at, just to finish the season?
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Opera singer and web developer.
                • Send PM

If he can help us, why not?
                Conversely, if he can hurt us, why?
                Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bordious View Post
                  If you don't want Incognito, you probably aren't concerned about winning.
                  This is precisely why I don't want Incognito. I think he could fuck up whatever chemistry we have and make it more difficult to rally to make the playoffs.
                  Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
                    If the NFL & team mates can forgive Riley Cooper, Then all these cry babies should forgive Incognito and move on. Im sure Denver has already made a call back to him.
                    Riley Cooper fucked up once. Unless I'm mistaken, there isn't a pattern of behavior as there is with Incognito.
                    Adipose

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                      are we still the San Diego Choirboys- or do we put a higher premium on WINNING with this regime?
                      If those are the choices? Then I'm all for Choirboys.

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                        This is precisely why I don't want Incognito. I think he could fuck up whatever chemistry we have and make it more difficult to rally to make the playoffs.
                        I think Porkchops can handle that all by himself!
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Yubaking
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
                          If the NFL & team mates can forgive Riley Cooper, Then all these cry babies should forgive Incognito and move on. Im sure Denver has already made a call back to him.
                          There is no comparison between Incognito and Riley Cooper.

Incognito's entire history from college to the present has been lined with character red flags. As Tony Dungy once explained, Incognito's character was so bad that he was disqualified from the Colts draft board with the words "do not draft--character" next to his name.

Riley Cooper had an isolated incident at a concert in which he used a racial slur during the heat of the moment in the middle of some dispute. He presents as a decent guy that had a bad moment. Saying something ill-advised in the heat of the moment is something that could happen to anyone.

Incognito is a bad guy that has had an occasional good moment when he was able to get it together for 10 seconds before his next episode.

I am all for giving guys with some potential character issues a look if they can play and I thought Incognito was in some ways treated unfairly in the whole Martin fiasco, but when the character issues are so pervasive that there is no doubt that the next episode is coming and the only question is when, then that is a player that needs to be passed on regardless of team need.

Because the risk associated with Incognito is greater than the reward he might contribute to our team, I say pass.

Comment

Working...
                          X