• Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

I only got to watch the game on redzone, so only saw snippets...but what happened to having a mobile QB? Did we do much RPO? Or were the 6 rushes for 7 yards scrambles? Honestly, if Tyrod isn't able to run the ball, that makes him less than average, talent wise...and I see Herbert in there before much longer.

I was looking for us to emulate the Ravens quite a bit, but in my limited looks, I didn't see that....I know Tyrod isn't Lamar, but I thought he would be a threat on the ground.

Like I said on another thread...I figure 4-5 games to see what we have...then a decision should be made.
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

That new SoFi stadium looked pretty sweet last night. huge step up from the Qrumbling Q ....

I didnt see a reason yesterday to think the will win this next one. Happy to be wrong but I’m going in expecting to lose by 10.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

I'm ready for the Herbert era to start. I've been a pretty big supporter of TT, but his limitations were on full display yesterday. I appreciate the win, but part of me thinks the team would have been better off with a loss to usher in the Herbert era sooner. Being beaten by a rookie in his first NFL game would have reinforced the idea of starting Herbert in Lynn's head. The rest of the Chargers roster is ready to win now, it is really good right now. Delaying Herbert's development is wasting the talent this team has now. Windows close fast in this league.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          I'm ready for the Herbert era to start. I've been a pretty big supporter of TT, but his limitations were on full display yesterday. I appreciate the win, but part of me thinks the team would have been better off with a loss to usher in the Herbert era sooner. Being beaten by a rookie in his first NFL game would have reinforced the idea of starting Herbert in Lynn's head. The rest of the Chargers roster is ready to win now, it is really good right now. Delaying Herbert's development is wasting the talent this team has now. Windows close fast in this league.
          Would be happy to see Herbert play or start at least one game this season.... Maybe after week 8!

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            I only got to watch the game on redzone, so only saw snippets...but what happened to having a mobile QB? Did we do much RPO? Or were the 6 rushes for 7 yards scrambles? Honestly, if Tyrod isn't able to run the ball, that makes him less than average, talent wise...and I see Herbert in there before much longer.

I was looking for us to emulate the Ravens quite a bit, but in my limited looks, I didn't see that....I know Tyrod isn't Lamar, but I thought he would be a threat on the ground.

Like I said on another thread...I figure 4-5 games to see what we have...then a decision should be made.
            I didn't really believe Lynn when he said they were not going to change to offense much, aside from a few running plays for the QB, yet that appears to be what they are really trying to do (at least for one game). Despite all the hype about having an athletic QB post Rivers, Taylor ran 6 times...for 7 yards and was sacked twice. He did hit a couple of passes on rollouts. We got the running game going in the second half but that was not Taylor it was the RBs. Some disappointing play calling for sure. Our most dangerous open field runner in Ekeler caught one pass for 3 yards.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

in his presser, recall Tyrod say something to the effect that they'll have their chance "to show the world."

hope he's saving that for the Chiefs....
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

seems like our HC is feelin' the heat some.... looking forward to seeing how he and his team respond vs. KC
                Coach Lynn speaks to the media following the team's 16-13 win in Cincinnati.
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

Is it too early for this? :cuss:

Because if we play offense like that next weekend, the Chiefs are going to boatrace us.
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                    Is it too early for this? :cuss:

Because if we play offense like that next weekend, the Chiefs are going to boatrace us.
                    predicition: 16 points is enough to beat the Chiefs.... Chargers win 20-15

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

predicition: 16 points is enough to beat the Chiefs.... Chargers win 20-15
                      In order for this to happen there would have to be some defensive turnovers that puts a dent in KC.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

In order for this to happen there would have to be some defensive turnovers that puts a dent in KC.
                        how 'bout we've got the game seemingly in hand at 17-7.... Chiefs drive length of the field and go for two to close to 17-15.... we take the ensuing kickoff and make it back to within field goal range, and Money Badger makes it 20-15.... Mahomes gets the ball back and nearly drives the length of the field for a TD, but then we.... ?? (in a nailbiter.... )

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

how 'bout we've got the game seemingly in hand at 17-7.... Chiefs drive length of the field and go for two to close to 17-15.... we take the ensuing kickoff and make it back to within field goal range, and Money Badger makes it 20-15.... Mahomes gets the ball back and nearly drives the length of the field for a TD, but then we.... ?? (in a nailbiter.... )
                          I'm more worried about KC being up 21-3 by half time....and then adding two more in the second half and we lose 35-17,
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X