• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faded blues
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2013
    • Send PM

An omen of things to come?

Are the broncos and chiefs starting a downward spiral?

I noticed watching the game last night that the chiefs were missing a lot of their firepower on offense....it was the Jamaal Charles show. Did anyone notice that Davis had only 2 carries the whole game.

For the broncos sanders and Thomas are questionable and they are going to play a tough Miami team.

We are finally getting healthy at the right time.

Watching the raiders last night made me appreciate how well the defense played last sunday.

Is marty ball the solution going forward? Play tough d and ride Mathews to victory and timely short passes mixing in play-action to protect rivers?

I think so.

Rivers made a good point that its play-off football from here on out. I think the team intensity is going to huge against a tough rams team.

We catch a break playing balt cause they play Monday night in new Orleans and have to fly back to balt. Can we beat an east coast team with an early start time...besides buff...I think we can.

Im hoping that NE comes in flat from partying all night. Someone needs to find gronk that Saturday night on 5th street and load him up with hookers and reefers.

Thanks for letting me post.
  • SFW
    PB Official Game Thread Starter
    • Jul 2013
    • NY
    • USMC
    • Send PM

Unfortunately I don't think the Broncos or Chiefs losses are a sign of things to come. It just proves that every team has to show up every week in order to win in the NFL. I would love to see them slip up a couple more times this season but in reality none of their games matter if the Chargers don't take care of business themselves.

Also Kniles Davis hasn't carried the ball more than 5 times in any of their last four games. To me he is too good of a back-up to get so few carries but Charles is also pretty damn good himself.

And yes, SD hopefully weathered the injury storm and seems to be getting healthy at the right time. The defense looked greatly improved with the injured players back. We will see how much of a difference they can make in the upcoming few weeks.
    1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
    2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
    3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
    4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
    5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
    6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
    7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• CTrout
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Don't we always have that late season win streak?
      It could be a very interesting finish to the AFC West, if KC and Den slip up again.

Comment

• Sec-E4
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2014
        • Arizona
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post

I noticed watching the game last night that the chiefs were missing a lot of their firepower on offense....it was the Jamaal Charles show. Did anyone notice that Davis had only 2 carries the whole game.

I think most Chiefs game are like that....their WR's have Zero TD's & it was bound to coming crashing down. Alex Smith is the true definition of a game manager & nothing more. Is it the coaching staff keeping him from throwing anything father then a 10-12 yard pass? Or is he scared to pull the trigger with a deep pass, trying to play it safe?

Comment

• homeless simpson
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
          Don't we always have that late season win streak?
          It could be a very interesting finish to the AFC West, if KC and Den slip up again.
          can't believe after all these years this team won't just play all season football instead of waiting for the second half of the year to "turn it up".

Comment

• Rugger05
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
            can't believe after all these years this team won't just play all season football instead of waiting for the second half of the year to "turn it up".
            They started 5-1 for one of their best starts in awhile

Comment

• UtahBolt
              Did we win?
              • Jun 2013
              • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
              • Send PM

We haven't "turned it up" yet!
              I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

After a fast start (September to early October) we are not that near a playoff spot after a dismal middle part of the season, and will once again need to have no margin of error from late November to December while hoping other teams ahead of us falter.

all we did was trade in a slow September/okay middle season for a fast start/ middle slump. followed by "playing with our backs against the wall" /playoff football from here on out.

Comment

Sanders is good to go this weekend.

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Opera singer and web developer.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                    We were 5-3 at the halfway point. How is that "waiting for the second half of the year to 'turn it up'"?
                    Adipose

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post

For the broncos sanders and Thomas are questionable and they are going to play a tough Miami team.

We are finally getting healthy at the right time.

Watching the raiders last night made me appreciate how well the defense played last sunday.

Is marty ball the solution going forward? Play tough d and ride Mathews to victory and timely short passes mixing in play-action to protect rivers?

I think so.

Rivers made a good point that its play-off football from here on out. I think the team intensity is going to huge against a tough rams team.

We catch a break playing balt cause they play Monday night in new Orleans and have to fly back to balt. Can we beat an east coast team with an early start time...besides buff...I think we can.

Im hoping that NE comes in flat from partying all night. Someone needs to find gronk that Saturday night on 5th street and load him up with hookers and reefers.

Thanks for letting me post.
                      The Chefs have offensive firepower outside of Charles?really? Since when?

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                        We were 5-3 at the halfway point. How is that "waiting for the second half of the year to 'turn it up'"?
                        Because 5-3 is pretty mediocre in my book. Your standards must be lower.

Comment

Working...
                        X