Chiefs @ Chargers Game Day Thread (Wk 2)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
    Lots of things happened that cost us this game. Biggest one being that int by Herbert. Offsides killing us all game long and not putting a spy on Maholmes.
    Having a spy on Mahomes is easier said then done. That’s the joys of losing players like Derwin and Drue.

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

It really looked as if the coaching staff took their foot off the gas pedal and almost put it in reverse. Coached like they had no idea how to finish off a game their players were winning on the field.
      All this game does is prove we still lose games we should win.

Comment

• chris9341
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Herbert is only going to learn from this.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

off sides penalties cost us this game......

Comment

• jubei
            Vagabond Ninja
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

good game. I'm not upset. bolts were what...8.5 underdogs AT HOME?! Herbert will learn but he had a solid first game with no prep. dont know where to put the blame but I agreed with Romo on the opening drive of OT...go for it. Their O was starting to roll and our D was gassed. But GOTTA give their kicker a solid. Talk about MONEY! no gimme FG. That was 3 straight 50+ yard FGs for the win!

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
              Lots of things happened that cost us this game. Biggest one being that int by Herbert. Offsides killing us all game long and not putting a spy on Maholmes.
              This is the biggest one. No one covered Mahomes the running back. As Tony Romo says we got a future and we'll be in the thick of it. Maybe it's better we lose this one so we can feel the sting of it and never forget!
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Imagine if the refs would have caught the clear unsportsmanlike forcing the chiefs to be down 1. Who knows but this game is different.

I would have preferred the win but Herbert learned a lot in a game that most suspect was a L anyway. Herbert got better this game and learned some lessons he will not learn practicing with the twos. I also think its clear now that Herbert can handle an NFL offense and starting tyrod is a giant waste of time. Let Herbert get out there, he's surprisingly good and its obvious this team has more energy with him behind center.

It was a good game, I think the chiefs are going to start losing more of those in the not so distant future.

I know this is a baseball saying but you just have to tip your cap to the three good kicks from 58 yards. Thats nuts, you really cant ask for much more than to ask their kicker to beat you with multiple 58 yard attempts and they did. Good on them.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                  • Send PM

When Herbert threw the Pic I instantly knew how this game would end. Almost like we’ve been here before. Mahomes not exactly new to the league so watching him pick up 24 on a 3rd and 20 kind of pisses me off.

Comment

• SDBORN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Blastttoff View Post
                    Herbert turnover shifted the tide.
                    It did but he will learn from it. Chargers still could have won at that point. Lynn lost faith in Herb after the int. You don't ever play not to lose against kc. It's always a loss if you play them that way.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Only the Chargers. 2 58 yard field goals and a 2 pointer that shouldn’t have been allowed.

I’m sick.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Having a spy on Mahomes is easier said then done. That’s the joys of losing players like Derwin and Drue.
                        dont need a spy....... wew just cant have 2 DL run wide on the same side with no one covering the middle .... or vice versa.......

Comment

• Tol
                          From Accounting
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Carlsbad
                          • Send PM

The Herbert Era has started! Probably didn't get any reps with the 1st team. OT loss to the Super Bowl champs with a ridiculous kicker.

Comment

Working...
                          X