Chiefs @ Chargers Game Day Thread (Wk 2)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Damn I hated it that AL punted in OT.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

Herbert gives me excitement about this team.

Tyrod does not.

I know Lynn has said that Tyrod will start if healthy, but today they just announced he's 'day to day'.

I'm not so certain Herbert doesn't play next week.

The INT was a terrible throw... rolling to his left, back across his body, deep down the middle... That's just a recipe for an INT.

I think if he turns the right way on 3rd and goal, Eck scores.

So, he was a rookie. But man, he did some things. He looks like there is a ton of natural talent there.

I was also very upset that the unsportsmanlike was not called on Tyreek Hill. (who, I will mention again, as I always do, is a garbage person)

That totally changes the tone and tenor of the game.

I was proud of the Chargers yesterday, and it's been a while since I can say that. (probably the Green Bay game last year)
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
        Herbert gives me excitement about this team.

Tyrod does not.

I know Lynn has said that Tyrod will start if healthy, but today they just announced he's 'day to day'.

I'm not so certain Herbert doesn't play next week.

The INT was a terrible throw... rolling to his left, back across his body, deep down the middle... That's just a recipe for an INT.

I think if he turns the right way on 3rd and goal, Eck scores.

So, he was a rookie. But man, he did some things. He looks like there is a ton of natural talent there.

I was also very upset that the unsportsmanlike was not called on Tyreek Hill. (who, I will mention again, as I always do, is a garbage person)

That totally changes the tone and tenor of the game.

I was proud of the Chargers yesterday, and it's been a while since I can say that. (probably the Green Bay game last year)
        I agree Hill is just trash. And yes that blatant non call I think was the difference in the game yesterday.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

I am hoping that Lynn's comment about Taylor is to make the Panthers have to prepare for 2 different QBs....

I fear that he will stubbornly stick with Taylor because he would not have thrown that interception like Herbert did. Of course, he'll ignore all of the other things Herbert did and can do that Taylor will never be able to do.

Comment

• AFCWEST
            Registered Chiefs Fan
            • Dec 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I actually liked that he didn’t praise Herbert. It’s what the great coaches do. They don’t let their players rest on their laurels. It’s a Parcells thing that is most evident in Belichick. But you see it in other good coaches as well. It was a stupid mistake and a I’m glad Lynn called him out on it. Herbert should be mentally tough enough to appreciate that type of coaching.
            Except Lynn is not a great coach. You dont punt on 4th and one to give the ball to Mahomes only needing a field goal. Its 4 downs for Mahomes and only KC penalties kept that from being a TD or chip shot. Lynn is a choker. Im sure the Charger players would agree. They wont say it but that defense was gassed and he gave the ball to Mahomes.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AFCWEST View Post

Except Lynn is not a great coach. You dont punt on 4th and one to give the ball to Mahomes only needing a field goal. Its 4 downs for Mahomes and only KC penalties kept that from being a TD or chip shot. Lynn is a choker. Im sure the Charger players would agree. They wont say it but that defense was gassed and he gave the ball to Mahomes.
              Doesn’t change what I said or who I replied to. Calling Herbert our for his turnover instead of praising him is a perfectly fine move.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Doesn’t change what I said or who I replied to. Calling Herbert our for his turnover instead of praising him is a perfectly fine move.
                I concur!

Single biggest factor in winning NFL games.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

I think he's trying to rein him in before he becomes an uncontrollable acolyte of Rivers Hero Ball! I would prefer a cocky player who thinks he can go toe to toe with Mahomes though!

:beer:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                  X