• Nashville
    • Send PM

Playoff standings

Right now, we are the 6th ranked playoff team due to tie breakers:

1 New England 9 2 0 .818 2-1-0 6-2-0 .500 .480 AFC East Champ
    2 Denver 8 3 0 .727 3-0-0 6-1-0 .545 .523 AFC West Champ
    3 Cincinnati 7 3 1 .682 2-1-0 5-3-0 .467 .390 AFC North Champ
    4 Indianapolis 7 4 0 .636 4-0-0 6-3-0 .483 .344 AFC South Champ
    5 Kansas City 7 4 0 .636 1-2-0 5-3-0 .488 .532 Wins tie break over Baltimore based on best win percentage in conference games. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate San Diego (Kansas City wins tie break over San Diego based on head-to-head win percentage). Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Cleveland (Baltimore wins tie break over Cleveland and Pittsburgh based on head-to-head win percentage). Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Pittsburgh (Baltimore wins tie break over Cleveland and Pittsburgh based on head-to-head win percentage).
    6 San Diego 7 4 0 .636 2-2-0 5-3-0 .430 .286 Wins tie break over Baltimore based on best win percentage in conference games. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Cleveland (Baltimore wins tie break over Cleveland and Pittsburgh based on head-to-head win percentage). Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Pittsburgh (Baltimore wins tie break over Cleveland and Pittsburgh based on head-to-head win percentage).
    7 Baltimore 7 4 0 .636 2-3-0 3-4-0 .495 .386 Wins tie break over Cleveland and Pittsburgh based on head-to-head win percentage.
    8 Pittsburgh 7 4 0 .636 2-2-0 6-3-0 .417 .422 Wins tie break over Cleveland based on best win percentage in common games.
    9 Cleveland 7 4 0 .636 2-2-0 4-4-0 .393 .357
    10 Miami 6 5 0 .545 2-1-0 5-3-0 .537 .439 Wins tie break over Buffalo based on best win percentage in division games.
    11 Buffalo 6 5 0 .545 3-2-0 3-5-0 .527 .436
    12 Houston 5 6 0 .455 1-1-0 4-3-0 .492 .345
    13 Tennessee 2 9 0 .182 1-2-0 2-6-0 .558 .364 Wins tie break over NY Jets based on best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    14 NY Jets 2 9 0 .182 0-3-0 2-6-0 .591 .364
    15 Jacksonville 1 10 0 .091 0-3-0 1-7-0 .574 .636 Wins tie break over Oakland based on best win percentage in conference games.
    16 Oakland 1 10 0 .091 1-3-0 1-8-0 .612 .636
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Big game Sunday.

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
      Big game Sunday.
      I think this is the biggest game of the year.

If the Bolts lose this, I think they lose the playoffs. Looking at the Raven's schedule, we're not going to be able to catch them and pass them if they have the tiebreaker with the head to head win.

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Opera singer and web developer.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        5 Kansas City 7 4 0 .636 1-2-0 5-3-0 .488 .532 Wins tie break over Baltimore based on best win percentage in conference games. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate San Diego (Kansas City wins tie break over San Diego based on head-to-head win percentage). Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Cleveland (Baltimore wins tie break over Cleveland and Pittsburgh based on head-to-head win percentage). Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Pittsburgh (Baltimore wins tie break over Cleveland and Pittsburgh based on head-to-head win percentage).
        6 San Diego 7 4 0 .636 2-2-0 5-3-0 .430 .286 Wins tie break over Baltimore based on best win percentage in conference games. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Cleveland (Baltimore wins tie break over Cleveland and Pittsburgh based on head-to-head win percentage). Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Pittsburgh (Baltimore wins tie break over Cleveland and Pittsburgh based on head-to-head win percentage).
        7 Baltimore 7 4 0 .636 2-3-0 3-4-0 .495 .386 Wins tie break over Cleveland and Pittsburgh based on head-to-head win percentage.
        I'm not sure this is correct. I believe once SD loses the tie-breaker to KC they've got to wait for the tie-breakers with same-record 2nd place teams to sort themselves out. If there are no other 7-4 second place teams, then San Diego comes back into play.
        Adipose

Comment

• SFW
          PB Official Game Thread Starter
          • Jul 2013
          • NY
          • USMC
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
          I think this is the biggest game of the year.

If the Bolts lose this, I think they lose the playoffs. Looking at the Raven's schedule, we're not going to be able to catch them and pass them if they have the tiebreaker with the head to head win.
          I don't see it that way. Every game is important but it is too early to call it a do or die game. It is getting close to that point but they are not there yet. Even if they can't catch Baltimore they can still catch KC. SD has one more head to head game and KC plays Denver this weekend so there is a lot of football to be played.

Regardless of any current tie-breaker scenario or current ranking, none of it matters unless the Chargers take care of business over the next 5 games. 3-2 at a minimum.
          1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
          2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
          3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
          4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
          5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
          6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
          7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Opera singer and web developer.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SFW View Post
            I don't see it that way. Every game is important but it is too early to call it a do or die game. It is getting close to that point but they are not there yet. Even if they can't catch Baltimore they can still catch KC. SD has one more head to head game and KC plays Denver this weekend so there is a lot of football to be played.

Regardless of any current tie-breaker scenario or current ranking, none of it matters unless the Chargers take care of business over the next 5 games. 3-2 at a minimum.
            Do we want KC or Denver to win? My initial thought is KC, because I feel they have a better chance of losing games down the road and could help us steal the division from Denver. But if we're resigned to Denver taking the West (which I'm not, yet), perhaps we'd prefer Denver to win. Thoughts?
            Adipose

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

We have the hardest schedule in the league over the last 5 games (.690 winning percentage) and are the only team that doesn't play a team with a losing record the rest of the year. We will have to earn it it we want to get in.

Comment

• Boltergeist
                Pesky apparition
                • Jun 2013
                • Baja Oklahoma
                • Send PM

I can't imagine that we will be favored in any of the remaining games. If this team makes the playoffs, it will have earned it.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                  Go Aztecs and Pads
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

According to CBS, if the playoffs were to start today, we'd be playing in Cincinnati. Chiefs would play in Indy. Same thing as last year. Only, this year, if we win, we'd go to Foxboro, and the winner of Chiefs/Colts would go to Denver. Last year, we went to Denver and the Colts beat the Chiefs to go to Foxboro.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                    Did we win?
                    • Jun 2013
                    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                    • Send PM

Not to mention that all of our wins (except Seattle) to this point have been against QBs that have either been benched, are backups or are rookies. Now we get Flacco, Brady, Manning, Kapernick and Smith. Ugh.
                    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      We have the hardest schedule in the league over the last 5 games (.690 winning percentage) and are the only team that doesn't play a team with a losing record the rest of the year. We will have to earn it it we want to get in.
                      I wouldn't want it any other way. They need to fight and scratch tooth & nail on every single down to prove they have what it takes to win it all. I'm tired of let downs after playoff bye weeks as Division winners or going 1 and done after backing in, etc.
                      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• thelightningwill
                        Go Aztecs and Pads
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                        Not to mention that all of our wins (except Seattle) to this point have been against QBs that have either been benched, are backups or are rookies. Now we get Flacco, Brady, Manning, Kapernick and Smith. Ugh.
                        Flacco is inconsistent. Kaepernick sucks. Smith is average. Brady is a Hall of Famer but has generally been mediocre against us. I think lightning-bolt decals throw off his vision. Manning is great unless he's pressured. If we could somehow hit that fool early, he'll suck.

We can beat these guys.
                        Last edited by thelightningwill; 11-25-2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X