Clear All
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
    NFC game loss doesnt hurt us in a tie break situation.
    What about common opponent if we end with the same overall and divisional record as the Chiefs or Broncos?
    Adipose

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

I played with a bunch more scenarios on the ESPN playoff generator and if the Chargers lose to the Ravens and 49ers but beat the Broncos, Patriots and Chiefs, they still lose a lot of tiebreakers to the Ravens, Dolphins and Steelers at 10-6. There are some scenarios where they win tiebreakers and get the 6th seed but they'll need a lot of help to get it from teams I wouldn't feel confident in. I still say this week's game is ultra critical for a wild card spot and I even put the Ravens losing @Miami and @Houston which I'm not feeling strong about. If the Chargers lose to the Ravens this week, you just have to concede that spot and really hope the Ravens beat Miami the following week because that would probably knock Miami out of the race.

But this is all considering we beat Denver, New England and KC in Arrowhead. Those are all really tough tasks. As difficult as I think the Raven game will be, I think that may be the easiest one to pull off right now. It's going to be a crazy five weeks.

Chargers (7-4):

@Ravens
      Patriots
      Broncos
      @49ers
      @Chiefs

Ravens (7-4):

Chargers
      @Dophins
      Jaguars
      @Texans
      Browns

Dolphins (6-5):

@Jets
      Ravens
      @Patriots
      Vikings
      Jets

Steelers (7-4):

Saints
      @Bengals
      @Falcons
      Chiefs
      Bengals

Chiefs (7-4):

Broncos
      @Cardinals
      Raiders
      @Steelers
      Chargers

Browns (7-4):

@Bills
      Colts
      Bengals
      @Panthers
      @Steelers

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

Chiefs and browns have next toughest sched after us.

Dolphins with jets twice and minny have easiest...i think they will get back in this race unless they bungle a jets game. They are playing solid ball right now. I hate it but think they will get a soot with that schedule.

What a nutty few weeks we will have. Must start by beating a quality team this week.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
          I wouldn't want it any other way. They need to fight and scratch tooth & nail on every single down to prove they have what it takes to win it all. I'm tired of let downs after playoff bye weeks as Division winners or going 1 and done after backing in, etc.
          yep
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Opera singer and web developer.
            • Send PM

I think each of our 5 remaining games is a tough but not insurmountable ask. The difference between the NNs and the Ps is that they look at that schedule and concede the losses already, whereas we look at it and say, "It'll be tough, but there's no reason we can't."
            Adipose

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Right now, #5 seed, and if Miami wins tomorrow, they replace KC at #6. Pretty much can clinch a playoff spot going 2-2, except if Miami ties the Bolts at 10-6.

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Patriots are 3-3 on the road this year. (losses to Miami, KC, Green Bay)
                Denver is 3-3 on the road this year. (losses to SEA, NE, St. Louis)
                SF is done.
                KC's arrow is pointing downward.

Charger losses: Den, KC (after bye), Mia, Arizona

I like our chances.
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• TTK
                  EX-Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • America's Finest City
                  • Send PM

This was an absolute must win game and they got it. It's still going to be a tough road but I'm feeling much better about playoff chances now.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Bolts' playoff possibilities are plentiful
                    By Kevin Acee11:23 a.m.Dec. 1, 2014 ⎙ Print
                    �� Comments 1

The Chargers probably need to finish a game ahead of the Miami Dolphins to not be haunted by their result in Miami last month.

The Chargers probably need to finish a game ahead of the Miami Dolphins to not be haunted by their result in Miami last month. — K.C. Alfred

Comments

With four weeks to play and 12 of the AFC’s 16 teams still very much alive in the playoff race, it is impossible to succinctly clarify anyone’s chances.

About all we can say is that the Chargers helped themselves immensely by beating the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. The Chargers not only improved their overall record to 8-4 but boosted their conference record to 6-3.

By winning Sunday, moving into the fifth (of six) AFC playoff positions, a game ahead of all the other contenders for the two wild card spots, the Chargers set themselves up to have a good shot to get in the playoffs at 10-6.

Mathematically, according to makenflplayoffs.com, the Chargers would have an 89.2 percent chance of making the playoffs if they can split their final four games.

The Chargers are assured of a playoff spot if they win at least three of their remaining games, a daunting task considering all of their final four opponents have a winning record and are a combined 32-16.

But remember how such probabilities worked out last year. With four games remaining in 2013, the Chargers’ chances of making the postseason were calculated at 3.9 percent. They made the playoffs.

This month, the Chargers need to win the right two games, and they have to hope to not finish in a tie with Miami, which beat the Chargers on Nov. 1. In most scenarios, the Chargers need to finish a game ahead of Miami.

The Chargers can finish tied with Miami at 10-6 and still get in as long as Houston or Pittsburgh is not also 10-6 or Kansas City did not get to 10-6 by beating the Chargers in the season finale. Houston would hold an edge based on conference record if it were to win out, and Kansas City would finish ahead of the Chargers because it would have swept their two games. Depending on which three games the Steelers won to get to 10-6, Pittsburgh could edge the Chargers based on conference record.

But to understand just how impossible it is to predict what will happen at this point, consider that it is possible for as many as 11 AFC teams to finish with at least 10 victories.

The only real knowledge Chargers fans can go forward with is that they should root for opponents of the Dolphins, Steelers, Chiefs and Texans.

The current AFC playoff contenders (with remaining opponents):

New England 9-3 (@SD, Mia, @NYJ, Buf)

Denver 9-3 (Buf, @SD, @SD, Oak)

Cincinnati 8-3-1 (Pit, @Cle, Den, @Pit)

Indianapolis 8-4 (@Cle, Hou, @Dal, @Ten)

CHARGERS 8-4 (NE, Den, @SF, @KC)

Kansas City 7-5 (@Ari, Oak, @Pit, SD)

Buffalo 7-5 (@Den, GB, @Oak, @NE)

Baltimore 7-5 (@Mia, Jac, @Hou, Cle)

Pittsburgh 7-5 (@Cin, @Atl, KC, Cin)

Cleveland 7-5 (Ind, Cin, @Car, @Bal)

Miami 6-5 (@NYJ, Bal, @NE, Min, NYJ)

Houston 6-6 (@Jac, @Ind, Bal, Jac)
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

Luckily for us the AFC North is going to beat itself up.

Comment

• Boltergeist
                        Pesky apparition
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Baja Oklahoma
                        • Send PM

The Chargers can finish tied with Miami at 10-6 and still get in as long as Houston or Pittsburgh is not also 10-6 or Kansas City did not get to 10-6 by beating the Chargers in the season finale. Houston would hold an edge based on conference record if it were to win out, and Kansas City would finish ahead of the Chargers because it would have swept their two games. Depending on which three games the Steelers won to get to 10-6, Pittsburgh could edge the Chargers based on conference record.
                        It's all so clear now!

Comment

• chargerkdb
                          Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X