Panthers @ Chargers Game Day Thread (Wk 3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fred View Post
    No matter where they move, what colors change on their uniforms, who they draft or who they hire. They will always be the same ‘ol Chargers! I’ve been supportive of this team since 1961, been through 2 0-11 starts, 2 losses to the only no win teams in a season, had the #1 offense AND the #1 defense in the same year, AND MISSED THE FREAKIN PLAYOFFS!! HOW DO YOU EVEN ATTEMPT TO PULL THAT OFF??!! This team is cursed folks... They‘ve had the WORSE ju-ju put on them, cursed to never fully succeed, never failing to fail no matter what the odds... My heart goes out to Justin Herbert. I thought he was one of the best College QBs to come out of the draft! I had a feeling he was going to make an immediate impact wherever he went! Well....right up to the point the Chargers drafted him... now the poor lad has just had his wonderful career just pissed away cuz he was doomed to be drafted a Charger... I absolutely hated Eli Manning when he refused to play for the Chargers! Now in my golden years, I can clearly see through the muck and mire and tell you Eli was definitely on to something! He saw back then what I hadn’t the previous 40, that the Chargers are CURSED! As long as a Spanos owns them, they will never amount to anything but a stop to “Shady Acres Retirement Home” to any NFL Player. A place to come relax until you get shipped off to a real team, with a real chance! Take it from me folks, as a Chargers fan until they bailed on my city, taking with them my season tickets that we’ve had in the family since 1961, don’t waste your time or money on this team, they’ll just rip your heart out of your chest, and stomp on it until it’s just a red spot on the pavement....
    Fred, I too have been a Charger fan since they moved to town in 1961. But, I don't believe in curses. I'm 85 years old and I'll go to my grave (probably soon) as a Charger fan. I hated when they moved but I had such a long time investment in them that I couldn't quit them even when I wanted to.

If I'm right that it's not a curse then I ask myself what is it? Some say it;s the owner but I remember when the Steelers were a last place team year after year. Then one day they hired a new GM, who hired a new HC (Chuck Noll) and the lowly Steelers started winning SB's and division titles. The Rooney's owned them all those years so the owner hadn't been the problem The same thing happened in New Orleans - all that is to say that I'm thinking it could be turned around with the right people in charge.

I'm convinced that the right GM and HC could do the dame for our Bolts - I kind of think Telsco is the right GM but is Lynn the right HC? Sometimes I think so but other times I wonder where his head is?
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SBbound
      Casual fanatic
      • Feb 2019
      • Merced/San Diego
      • Send PM

^ Spot on.

Comment

• PR#1
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
        About the 10 minute mark of the 1st quarter I said "pathetic" out loud. That became my word of the day as that shit show continued. All 3 phases were pathetic and did not appear ready to play the game. It's like they thought Carolina would just roll over. I blame Lynn due to the entire team looking unready, unsure and unprepared.

After it was over my wife commented.........I can't understand why you continue to watch these guys??!!??

I had no defense to offer.........
        Amazing. My wife said the exact same thing to me.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
          AL after game presser......

I just rolled over in my own grave...he acknowledged Herbert as doing good in the final drive and saying the rest of the team needs to cut down on mistakes.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Great posts, chargeroo, Fred.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Eric Bieniemy would be #1 on my list. Hurt a rival, great offensive mind, and has a reputation for preparation.
              How many of Reid’s disciples have had long term success once they leave though? Doug Pederson looked promising at first but now.....

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I guess you live with Bradley for now. The lack of turnovers seems directly related to the style of play.

Bradley reminds me of KC's old DC, before changing to Spagnuaolo.
                Bradley’s defense is built on stopping the big plays and minimizing scoring. It’s a trade off with not getting enough turnovers. I know they were trying to work on getting more turnovers this offseason and blitzing more. But I feel like the shortened offseason hurt this team a lot.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Bradley’s defense is built on stopping the big plays and minimizing scoring. It’s a trade off with not getting enough turnovers. I know they were trying to work on getting more turnovers this offseason and blitzing more. But I feel like the shortened offseason hurt this team a lot.
                  It shouldn't have on defense. We have mostly the same players back and run the same scheme.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I just rolled over in my own grave...he acknowledged Herbert as doing good in the final drive and saying the rest of the team needs to cut down on mistakes.
                    I mean it’s only seems crazy if you believed everything that the sports media and some on here were saying about him throwing Herbert under the bus.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

It shouldn't have on defense. We have mostly the same players back and run the same scheme.
                      We’re running the same scheme. But like I said, they were trying to implement more blitzes and man coverages this offseason to improve the turnover ratio.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

We’re running the same scheme. But like I said, they were trying to implement more blitzes and man coverages this offseason to improve the turnover ratio.
                        Losing Derwin also changed things. He is a scheme changing talent that allows others to excel.
                        For all my disgust yesterday we are only 3 games in.
                        I’ll wait to see how we are playing at mid-season before I completely implode.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• cmplxgal
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • New Jersey