Panthers @ Chargers Game Day Thread (Wk 3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

This forum is proof lol.
    Truth!
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

Rivers would have thrown an interception on that last drive, atleast the rookie gave us a couple of good shots.
      if KA/Eke had not DROPPED that fucking last pass, Eke strolls into the end zone and everyone looks fucking brilliant. The rookie looked good in the closing moments, i like what i see so far
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        I'm really trying to be patient but it's hard. Three games down and we haven't put up 3 TD's in any of them. Here's something strange when you think about it - we all thought the right side of our OL would be mush better this year but with Bulaga and Trai both missing, it's the weak link. Every team we play looks like they have the best pass rush in the NFL, thanks to the OL. On the other hand - the right side of the OL looks pretty good, even Tevi has beren better than I expected (though still below average).

I think the fact that we played the best against the Chiefs tells me that Anthony Lynn isn't motivating them. They play best when they self motivate because of a tough opponent. This lineup is still among the best in the league but they sure aren't playing like it. Yesterdays game was a loud and clear message that turn overs are killers.
        Streichen (sp?) sucks.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Shaq Thompson was stealing signs.

Brian Burns was teeing off.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Read that as well.
            Thompson recognizing our check language.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Rivers would have thrown an interception on that last drive, atleast the rookie gave us a couple of good shots.
              Herbert threw an interception too. That could have made a difference against Carolina. And guess what, Rivers didn't throw an INT this week in that game against the Jets.

Rivers wouldn't have wasted time on the clock and would have spiked the ball when the team needed to. 2018 wasn't that long ago. How people forget the good things about him.

if KA/Eke had not DROPPED that fucking last pass, Eke strolls into the end zone and everyone looks fucking brilliant. The rookie looked good in the closing moments, i like what i see so far
              In an alternate timeline Ekeler would have caught that toss from Allen and ran into the end zone.

I hate that we've only beaten the Panthers once in history. We have to wait every 4 and 8 years to play them. I hope the NFL goes into a 17 game schedule so that we get more cracks at them.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

So what? He gave him some praise and some criticism after the Chiefs game. People just concentrated too much in the criticism and blew it out of proportion.
                I listened to AL's presser.... if I was Herbert that wouldn't be motivation for me, and if I was the owner/GM, would hesitate to call that anything close to masterful in terms of inspiring the play of my team.

sounded more like sour grapes to me.... he had already thrown PR under the bus a coupla few times over the last few seasons, has apparently had difficulties w/a coupla few other players on the roster, and he obviously has been hit or miss of late w/a successful game plan.... personally think he's feelin' the heat, and don't want a rookie QB to go by the wayside due to job politics.

his last presser he cleaned up his act some and took some responsibility for things, and then in the same fell swoop basically referred to Bosa as stupid.... (I stopped listening after that).

stupid is as stupid does.... you might like tough love/negative reinforcement, just haven't seen the dividends by my count ??
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Herbert had a 70% completion rate - that;s always a good rate. In this case with our OL having a poor game, due to injury of starters, the 70% completion is really outstanding.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Incidentally, Taylor had a 53% completion rate in week one, Herbert had 67% in week 2
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

I listened to AL's presser.... if I was Herbert that wouldn't be motivation for me, and if I was the owner/GM, would hesitate to call that anything close to masterful in terms of inspiring the play of my team.

sounded more like sour grapes to me.... he had already thrown PR under the bus a coupla few times over the last few seasons, has apparently had difficulties w/a coupla few other players on the roster, and he obviously has been hit or miss of late w/a successful game plan.... personally think he's feelin' the heat, and don't want a rookie QB to go by the wayside due to job politics.

his last presser he cleaned up his act some and took some responsibility for things, and then in the same fell swoop basically referred to Bosa as stupid.... (I stopped listening after that).

stupid is as stupid does.... you might like tough love/negative reinforcement, just haven't seen the dividends by my count ??
                      You believe what you want to believe, and hear what you want to hear.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

This forum is proof lol.
                        Didn't use to be that way. That's what happens when your membership grows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Coaching matters.
                          Outcoached again.

Comment