POLL: What Is The Bolts' Main Problem? (+ Post - Week 3 Discussion)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

You are arguing with a ghost in your own imagination.

Turnover are hugely impactful game changing errors.
    And if Herbert elimated the one interception vs KC that is a win. And if he eliminate one of his turnovers vs Carolina that is a win. 2 plays and two wins.

The QB is the one person who touches the rock every offensive snap. And possessions of the rock allows defense to rest and offense to score. A turnover swings momentum to opponent more than any other single play in the game.

So I would say winning the turnover battle which Lynn wants to do is the 1st priority as it should be.

I think your spinning the point of turnover battle as the top priority into the only thing that matters in the game. And then making a case that other parts of game matter too. And saying see...im right.
    Well your opinion is correct for you. But I don't subscribe to it. I am definitely putting turnovers at the top of list of importance in winning football games consistently.

:More Q Please:
    You are just wrong all over the place.

Seriously, in your post to which I responded, you set forth the exact reason why my post was correct in the midst of your assertion that my take was "not a solid argument". My "not a solid argument" stood for the proposition that factors other than turnovers could more than offset turnovers. Over and over again I have shown both team and individual QB examples of exactly that point.

When you pointed out that Mahomes threw so many more TDs than Smith, you referred to one factor that helped serve to offset Mahomes having many more INTs than Smith. You can see that Mahomes was more effective overall despite being far worse in turnovers. That was exactly my point--that one QB could turn the ball over more, even significantly more, than another QB and still be better than that other QB.

You are also wrong about the team's first priority. The first priority for the offense is to move the ball and score points. The first priority of the defense is to stop the other side from moving the ball and scoring points. Turnovers and lack thereof can be a piece of that overall objective, but playing scared Tyrod ball gets the team nowhere unless we are playing the Bengals without their best defensive player and against an ineffective rookie QB making his first start and we happen to get lucky with an OPI call against the Bengals and the kicker's leg cramping.

Allen misses a pitch to Ekeler for a TD; Tillery gets called for lining up over the center on a FG, which results in a TD; The OL causes the incompletion ruled a fumble leading to three points; and Herbert threw an INT worth three points. Why are you emphasizing the Herbert INT and not the Allen missed pitch or the Tillery penalty, each of which was more costly than the Herbert INT?

Do you concede that Herbert is much better than Taylor? Yes or no.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

You get tired when offense is turning it over and you having to defend all those extra posessions.
      if the offense can drive even if they settle for a FG then defense can get some rest. Any Defense gets gassed when they are defending 39 minutes while the offense only possess the rock for 21 minutes.

Field position, time of possession, 3rd down offense and defense, pre snap penalty, run game, special teams and Turnovers. This won't ever change. You want the team to win as many of these battles as possible. Turnovers and 3rd down O & D being the 2 most important that impact field position and time of possession.

Lynn know the keys to winning any game. And his game plan for the champion KC team was way better than the other teams KC played in Texans and Ravens.

Chef Lynn is cooking up a winner.
      The problem is Chargers fans are so hungry for a champion they keep complaining every play of every game.
      Rookie QB is getting his reps in live action.
      Give him time to get used to his new kitchen and pantry. And watch him make BBQ chicken of opponets on gameday.
      ​​​​​

​​​​
      ​​​​​

Magnificent!
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

You are arguing with a ghost in your own imagination.

Turnover are hugely impactful game changing errors.
        And if Herbert elimated the one interception vs KC that is a win. And if he eliminate one of his turnovers vs Carolina that is a win. 2 plays and two wins.

The QB is the one person who touches the rock every offensive snap. And possessions of the rock allows defense to rest and offense to score. A turnover swings momentum to opponent more than any other single play in the game.

So I would say winning the turnover battle which Lynn wants to do is the 1st priority as it should be.

I think your spinning the point of turnover battle as the top priority into the only thing that matters in the game. And then making a case that other parts of game matter too. And saying see...im right.
        Well your opinion is correct for you. But I don't subscribe to it. I am definitely putting turnovers at the top of list of importance in winning football games consistently.

Phenomenal!

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I have seen games in really bad weather won 6-3! Haven't you ever hear of the phrase " when being chased by a bear I don't have to outrun the bear I only have to outrun you!" Same difference in football....the winner is the one with the most points. Herbert offers more positives than negatives vs. Tyrod who gives you one positive and more negatives.
          Never run/turn your back from a bear.
          Bring your .357 or bear spray.when out hiking/walking.

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Phenomenal!
            Anthony is that you posting?

:beer:
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

I only have a 9mm Glock so I'll stay out of the forest.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Well, if it's Tyrod he throws the .357 in the bushes and then calls in the marines (Charger Defense) to bail him out!

:thinking:

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Anthony is that you posting?

:beer:
                  Could be....

No :beer:

YES. :rasta:

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Well, if it's Tyrod he throws the .357 in the bushes and then calls in the marines (Charger Defense) to bail him out!

:thinking:
                    Never a bad idea to call a Marine.

Tyrod doesn’t unholster his pistol, calmly sprays enough bear spray to deter the bear, and lives to fight another day.

IE......makes few plays but doesn’t cough up the rock.

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Never a bad idea to call a Marine.

Tyrod doesn’t unholster his pistol, calmly sprays enough bear spray to deter the bear, and lives to fight another day.

IE......makes few plays but doesn’t cough up the rock.
                      Yes, but after watching Tyrod survive to fight another day most of the fans watching want to sacrifice themselves to the bear!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Yes, but after watching Tyrod survive to fight another day most of the fans watching want to sacrifice themselves to the bear!

That is because most fans are idiots.

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                          Chargers Hall of Fame
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

You get tired when offense is turning it over and you having to defend all those extra posessions.
                          if the offense can drive even if they settle for a FG then defense can get some rest. Any Defense gets gassed when they are defending 39 minutes while the offense only possess the rock for 21 minutes.

Field position, time of possession, 3rd down offense and defense, pre snap penalty, run game, special teams and Turnovers. This won't ever change. You want the team to win as many of these battles as possible. Turnovers and 3rd down O & D being the 2 most important that impact field position and time of possession.

Lynn know the keys to winning any game. And his game plan for the champion KC team was way better than the other teams KC played in Texans and Ravens.

Chef Lynn is cooking up a winner.
                          The problem is Chargers fans are so hungry for a champion they keep complaining every play of every game.
                          Rookie QB is getting his reps in live action.
                          Give him time to get used to his new kitchen and pantry. And watch him make BBQ chicken of opponets on gameday.
                          ​​​​​

​​​​
                          ​​​​​

I know this take has been getting a lot of love on this site. And I'm not saying I'm in favor of turnovers. I agree that they are a major contributor to losing.

But this idea that our defense is "gassed" because of turnovers doesn't match the reality of this season. We have won the time of possession every single game.

GAME 1: CHARGERS (30:10) BENGALS: (29:50)

GAME 2: CHARGERS (34:46) CHIEFS: (25:14)

GAME 3: CHARGERS (31:12) PANTHERS (28:48)

Our "gassed" defense has been on the field way less than our opponents - especially against the Chiefs.

It's a conditioning issue. Yes, cut down on turnovers, of course. But our D can't use that as an excuse to be winded every game (as compared to the other teams).

Comment

Working...
                          X