• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Taylor's deficiencies were apparent to anyone who has ever watched him play one game in his career.
    I was being kind. LOL!
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-drafts/2021/consensus-mock-draft-2021

in the top five eye like Trey Lance as well as Sewell.... if we miss on the both of 'em, would consider trading down w/someone like Jax for the likes of a Trey Smith and/or Tyler Shelvin.

like Dylan Moses but would knock him down @least a round as an injury concern, and not sure that LaBryan Ray is a round one value/talent ??
      Shelvin is not a round 1 talent and Trey Smith is boarderline especially with his medicals.
      Trey Lance is not in our cluster as we already have a future franchise QB on the roster.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        Just another thought on the D. If you never play to force the 3 and out, you're never practiced enough to get one when you really need one.
        Our 3rd down D versus the Panthers was excellent.

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

NYJ, MIA, JAX, DEN x 2, and ATL.

Lose one of the above and win one other game you're not expected to. That's 6 more wins for a 7-9 record.

I think the floor is 5-11, and the ceiling is 9-7. My guess is 8-8. Of course, the QB situation/decision plays a huge role in how things end up.

Comment

• Ceramic
            Chargers are pathetic
            • Sep 2020
            • OC
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post

Lose one of the above and win one other game you're not expected to. That's 6 more wins for a 7-9 record.

I think the floor is 5-11, and the ceiling is 9-7. My guess is 8-8. Of course, the QB situation/decision plays a huge role in how things end up.
            ATL always is prepared when playing the chargers. I expect them to be 21-3 at half.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

This team is about the same as last year. One difference is Rivers being gone.

Speaking of Rivers, it's good to see him winning with the Colts and proving those who blamed him wrong.

But some of them don't want to admit they are wrong about him. And they'll make all the excuses for why this team stinks, while huffing and puffing how awesome this team is.

Originally posted by Ceramic View Post

ATL always is prepared when playing the chargers. I expect them to be 21-3 at half.
              We always suck against NFC South teams. I don't know what it is. I hope the NFL goes into a 17 game schedule that they spoke about so that we get more chances to play the teams from the NFC South division.

Comment

• Ceramic
                Chargers are pathetic
                • Sep 2020
                • OC
                • Send PM

As a charger fan, I think they will underestimate all those teams and lose to every single one of them. After losing to Carolina, anything is possible!

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Speaking of Rivers, it's good to see him winning with the Colts and proving those who blamed him wrong.

But some of them don't want to admit they are wrong about him. And they'll make all the excuses for why this team stinks, while huffing and puffing how awesome this team is.

We always suck against NFC South teams. I don't know what it is. I hope the NFL goes into a 17 game schedule that they spoke about so that we get more chances to play the teams from the NFC South division.
                  I actually moved on with Rivers to Indy. No ill will towards the great Chargers fans I encountered over the years, but I'm riding with Phil to the end. F the Spanos family though.

As far as this Chargers team vs last year's, I agree that the biggest difference is the future HOF QB being gone. However, I feel this year's schedule is easier and that the OL will end up better. The cancer known as MGIII is also no longer on the team.

The Panthers game looked bad, but it's a long season and there are some quality pieces on this roster, so 8-8 wouldn't totally shock me. 5-11 wouldn't either though.

And the Atlanta game...wouldn't you WANT to be down 21-3 against them? That's pretty much a guaranteed win at this point

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Yes, football is a team sport and Rivers has a team around him that actually helps. Rivers was right to leave given that a) Chargers didn't want to pay and b) they weren't serious enough to fix the oline. So, if another team is going to pay you $75 million over three years, and give you a supporting cast, then it's sayonara former team if they only want to pay $10 mil a year on a year to year basis. Zero animosity towards rivers and would do the same!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Yes, football is a team sport and Rivers has a team around him that actually helps. Rivers was right to leave given that a) Chargers didn't want to pay and b) they weren't serious enough to fix the oline. So, if another team is going to pay you $75 million over three years, and give you a supporting cast, then it's sayonara former team if they only want to pay $10 mil a year on a year to year basis. Zero animosity towards rivers and would do the same!
                      Where did you get $75 million?

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Where did you get $75 million?
                        This year and most likely next two years if he gets the colts to the playoffs. Of course this is an assumption given where he's playing right now. No Guarantees.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

If they get blown out in Tampa, you can pretty much kiss the season good by... it will be like waiving at a listing ship before it goes under.

A spirited showing, and they might scratch & claw their way to the cusp of a playoff spot.

Two different roads.

Comment

Working...
                          X