Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Good wrap up. I was higher on Guyton earlier in the season but I thought that Johnson by seasons end was a better overall receiver. I am excited to see what these guys can do with a full off season. Guyton needs to get reps with Herbert, along with the other receivers but he specifically needs to work on his drops for sure. Our WR group with these two young guys, Allen and MW is a very good group with a lot of talent and diverse ability. It can and will give DC's fits.

I was and am a huge Parham fan. I think he showed a lot of promise and still has a lot of room to grow. I also think he was totally misused last season. I would have fined Stichen or whatever the hell the OC's name is $15,000 for every play that he was not in the game in the red zone.

With Andersn and Parham (hopefully HH coming back) I think our TE group has the makings of a very good and diverse TE group.
    It's really exciting knowing that Guyton and Johnson have 4.35 speed with Herbert's cannon arm. Having two young guys who can take the top off a defense and who already have great familiarity and rapport with Herbert make this offense scary.

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      It's really exciting knowing that Guyton and Johnson have 4.35 speed with Herbert's cannon arm. Having two young guys who can take the top off a defense and who already have great familiarity and rapport with Herbert make this offense scary.
      Herbert actually underthrew the ball a few times. Probably not used to really fast WRs while in Oregon. This off season I'd like for Justin to get a better feel for these guys' speed the match his silky deep delivery shots on par with 4.35 athletes.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Herbert actually underthrew the ball a few times. Probably not used to really fast WRs while in Oregon. This off season I'd like for Justin to get a better feel for these guys' speed the match his silky deep delivery shots on par with 4.35 athletes.
        Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about. Funny, though, on Herbert's first TD bomb, in Tampa, he hit T Johnson in stride with a perfect throw. Johnson had a step on a couple of DBs and scored. Herbert hit Guyton on another perfectly placed ball throwing off his back foot with defenders in his face. Guyton caught it in full stride and left the defenders in the dust as he scored. But later, yes, he did underthrow some of those deep balls that caused the receiver to be tackled short of the goal line. The Thurs night Raiders game in OT being an example. So, yeah, they need to work on that. I think they will get it right.

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

O line goes a loooong way.

Comment

Working...
          X