• CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Rivers should have 17 superbowl rings if not for everyone around him
    Brees in particular for those first 2 years
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

okay, normally I would have left this alone
      but now you're just flat out lying sir (regarding the bold)
      and I know this because my argument was modest
      at no point do you ever acknowledge Rivers' interception as a bad pass
      If i'm wrong, i'll gladly apologize
      but the following are YOUR posts in this thread and another thread (in case you were confused)
      please tell me if either i'm not seeing it, or you're just plain wrong and now backpedaling
      please tell me if i'm misquotting a single word...

“Reich is absolutely killing the offense by going run heavy, especially on early downs. When Reich allowed Rivers to take shots down the field and pass the ball more often, Rivers led the team to 10 points on the first two drives of the game. Then Reich got in the way of the offense's success as he has done most of the season by opening the next drive, a three and out, with run, run. That, more than anything else, has been killing the Colts on offense this season on drive after drive.

The 8 straight running plays was sheer stupidity on Reich's part. Trailing by 10 in the second half and having a defense that had been struggling to stop the Browns, Reich decided that it would be a good idea to burn 5:15 off of the clock to move the ball just 29 yards and kick a FG. Of course, they were just about one first down from being in FG position when they started the drive.

The Trent Dilfer comparison is ridiculous. Rivers has been able to move the team very well when Reich has not screwed up the offense by going too run heavy, especially on early downs.

Also, the Colts need to get their LT back as the Browns had hurries on 15 of Rivers' first 18 drop backs.

It has been sad to see Reich blowing it for Rivers this season, but it reminds me of why we did not keep Reich as our OC. The guy cannot seem to fugure out that if you have the worst YPC in the entire league, then maybe, just maybe, going run heavy on drives is not the way to go. And so it was today--yet another sub-4.0 YPC day (3.8), though only 18 attempts because the Browns were allowed by the defense to possess the ball for 34:45.

Maybe Reich will figure out that first down is the best down on which to pass the ball and that when your team cannot run the ball effectively, it should use the pass to set up the run, mixing in the run gently, essentially reversing the emphasis that has taken place thus far this season.”

“They were missing their LT today and Garrett is a leading DPOY candidate, so that was a terrible time for him to be missing. And it really showed.

Also, Rivers is missing several key offensive weapons. Throw in bad play calling and the offense is not dynamic enough right now to carry the team for a deep playoff run.

Finally, their defense is somewhat overrated. They are opportunistic in terms of creating turnovers, but they also have a tendency to play soft zone coverage at times, which hurt them against Jacksonville and again today.”
      “Rivers was pressured 15 of the first 18 times he dropped back to pass the ball. With Castonzo injured and out, the Colts' OL was not intact for the first time in 22 games. Le'Raven Clark, the substitute LT, was getting torched by Myles Garrett on play after play.

The defense was not good today except for a short stretch in the second half where they recorded one sack and two INTs. They gave up 20 first half points and allowed the Browns to score on every possession they had during that time.

After the team had battled back and had the game within 6 points, all the defense needed was to get off the field and instead, they allowed the Browns to make multiple first downs, take most of the time off of the clock and get into game icing FG position.

And yes, due to inuries, his playmakers are very subpar--no Mack, no Pittman, no Campbell, which represent his 3 best weapons as Hilton looks like he has lost a step or two.

Rivers is not being put in a good position with the play calling that has taken place so far this season. It reminds me of why we did not choose to bring Reich back as Whiz was always better than Reich when it came to calling plays.”
      “The defense choked the game away as Rivers was in the process of bringing the Colts back from 17 down, overcoming his own pick 6, some awful officiating, his own inept play caller (Reich/Siriani), and terrible pass protection due to the injury to Castonzo (almost pressured on every attempt). All they needed was a stop and instead, they not only gave up two first downs by the run in known running situations, but also gave up so many yards as to allow a FG. That was an absolute choke in the clutch by the defense.”
      I agree that I did not use the words "bad pass" in reference to the pick-6 in the posts you quoted. I did call it a bad pass or words to that effect in this thread, though, and before I saw your above quoted post. In fact, at post #98, five posts before your post, I referrred to it as a horrible pass. I thought that I had specifically called it bad elsewhere too, but I see now that, though I always thought that, I actually did not specifically say that until post #98.

However, in the bolded language, I listed Rivers' pick-6 as first in a series of bad things that Rivers was having to overcome, which I think is a clear indication that I considered it as belonging to that group of bad things.

Certainly, if I had intended to defend the pick-6 as bad luck or somehow not Rivers' fault, I would have stated what my issue was with it. But that pick-6 was Rivers' fault all the way just like Brady's the week before against us.

In any event, as to your specific point, I stand corrected.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I agree that I did not use the words "bad pass" in reference to the pick-6 in the posts you quoted. I did call it a bad pass or words to that effect in this thread, though, and before I saw your above quoted post. In fact, at post #98, five posts before your post, I referrred to it as a horrible pass. I thought that I had specifically called it bad elsewhere too, but I see now that, though I always thought that, I actually did not specifically say that until post #98.

However, in the bolded language, I listed Rivers' pick-6 as first in a series of bad things that Rivers was having to overcome, which I think is a clear indication that I considered it as belonging to that group of bad things.

Certainly, if I had intended to defend the pick-6 as bad luck or somehow not Rivers' fault, I would have stated what my issue was with it. But that pick-6 was Rivers' fault all the way just like Brady's the week before against us.

In any event, as to your specific point, I stand corrected.
        and that's the back pedaling, because post 96 comes before post 98.
        listen, I don't give a damn what you do, but when you spew your verbal diarrhea and decide to backpedal vs owning it
        dont lecture others about losing their credibility.
        imo your Rivers-related posts are condescending, unconvincing and often a waste of time
        crush on that a while and consider you're speaking to people who have the ability to click on the "Prev" button to fact check
        normally i'd PM you this but I think it's an important PSA
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Just saw the Rivers safety
          breaks my damn heart to see 17 struggle like that
          truly
          but that absolutely was on him
          He could have stepped into the pocket
          literally the only pressure was from his left
          not a colt receiver in the area code
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Over the top, full of himself Chiefs fan decided he had to sit next to me at the sports bar yesterday.

Chiefs Mahomes home jersey.
            Chiefs hat.
            Chiefs wristwatch.
            Chiefs imitation SuperBowl ring.
            Chiefs hiking boots even.

Stuffing his face with deep fried mushrooms.
            Pitcher after pitcher of Bud Light.
            Don't worry--wait until the 4th quarter.

I have never enjoyed a Raiturds W so much.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              Over the top, full of himself Chiefs fan decided he had to sit next to me at the sports bar yesterday.

Chiefs Mahomes home jersey.
              Chiefs hat.
              Chiefs wristwatch.
              Chiefs imitation SuperBowl ring.
              Chiefs hiking boots even.

Stuffing his face with deep fried mushrooms.
              Pitcher after pitcher of Bud Light.
              Don't worry--wait until the 4th quarter.

I have never enjoyed a Raiturds W so much.
              A
              fucking
              men
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

and that's the back pedaling, because post 96 comes before post 98.
                listen, I don't give a damn what you do, but when you spew your verbal diarrhea and decide to backpedal vs owning it
                dont lecture others about losing their credibility.
                imo your Rivers-related posts are condescending, unconvincing and often a waste of time
                crush on that a while and consider you're speaking to people who have the ability to click on the "Prev" button to fact check
                normally i'd PM you this but I think it's an important PSA
                What part of "as to your specific point, I stand corrected" that I set forth in post #110 do you not understand? That is not backpedaling. That is specifically owning my error.

Your correction of me on a point not relevant to the points I was making concerning a fact that nobody was attempting to deny and that I implied in one of the posts you quoted and expressly acknowledged twice in posts #96 and #98 before your effort to call me out on the issue at post #103 is duly noted.

Your post #111 is wholly inappropriate and completely irrelevant to the football issues being discussed.

Comment

Just saw the Rivers safety
                  breaks my damn heart to see 17 struggle like that
                  truly
                  but that absolutely was on him
                  He could have stepped into the pocket
                  literally the only pressure was from his left
                  not a colt receiver in the area code
                  We all saw that the receiver was not yet in the area because the play had not finished developing. That is the whole point. He was under pressure and had to throw early. The pressure from the left was closing in on a sack. There is no doubt that Rivers is not going to outrun the pass rusher.

The TE, who had gone in motion from right to left, ran a deep outbreaking route and was heading toward the sideline, but deeper than where Rivers threw the ball. That is as plain as day.

Comment

anyone else find this sentence weirdly hilarious?
                    It would have been a great throw, like a perfect throw, but the pass rush got there.
                    I won't speak on the play it's because I didn't see it, but an "anticipatory throw" that is thrown early and shallow is a fancy description for
                    a throw to nobody.

i'm sure every qb who has ever thrown a pass to "no one" will claim eventually someone would have eventually been there, by design.
                    I never said anything like what you are suggesting about the throw being a great throw. It was clearly underthrown under early pressure. But there was a receiver, the TE that had been in motion from right to left, breaking to the outside that was the obvious intended target for the pass.

You are stating that he was throwing to nobody and you are simply wrong.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

I never said anything like what you are suggesting about the throw being a great throw. It was clearly underthrown under early pressure. But there was a receiver, the TE that had been in motion from right to left, breaking to the outside that was the obvious intended target for the pass.

You are stating that he was throwing to nobody and you are simply wrong.
                      I’m saying you’re reaching
                      I mean theoretically, every throw-away is in the direction of a target unless it’s thrown directly behind a qb
                      its a matter of differing perspectives perhaps but imo your glaring bias towards Rivers is clearly affecting your otherwise sound judgment
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

We all saw that the receiver was not yet in the area because the play had not finished developing. That is the whole point. He was under pressure and had to throw early. The pressure from the left was closing in on a sack. There is no doubt that Rivers is not going to outrun the pass rusher.

The TE, who had gone in motion from right to left, ran a deep outbreaking route and was heading toward the sideline, but deeper than where Rivers threw the ball. That is as plain as day.
                        So throwing early was a good decision?
                        Do you think Rivers was shocked that the result was a S?
                        the best decision was to move anywhere other that left where the ONLY pressure was coming from
                        hindsight yes, but for Rivers it should have been the immediate plan
                        ”If the receiver is no where near where he is supposed to be, I can’t throw this away, I need to find space “
                        so that’s on him 100 percent
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

What part of "as to your specific point, I stand corrected" that I set forth in post #110 do you not understand? That is not backpedaling. That is specifically owning my error.

Your correction of me on a point not relevant to the points I was making concerning a fact that nobody was attempting to deny and that I implied in one of the posts you quoted and expressly acknowledged twice in posts #96 and #98 before your effort to call me out on the issue at post #103 is duly noted.

Your post #111 is wholly inappropriate and completely irrelevant to the football issues being discussed.
                          when you start a post by acknowledging that you didn’t use a specific term like “bad throw” it makes any throw-away line like “I stand corrected” vulnerable to misinterpretation, as if that was my specific point.
                          it doesn’t matter that you called it a bad-throw before the post you’re referencing because that wasn’t MY point
                          its a diversion to get the best of both worlds
                          frankly I think it was done intentionally to save face.
                          you get to “own something” while not being specific
                          although ironically you’re specific about everything else.
                          and now this poor attempt to call me out because YOU were unclear is simply cowardly.
                          as a bonus, here’s something I bet most won’t bother to help you with but am personally motivated in hopes that you modify your ingenuous style of communication
                          Your attempts at complex sentence structure is a tactic to make your opinions appear as facts and now, to avoid any kind of responsibility. although you think it’s helping your arguments, it’s actually just exposing unexplored biases, namely towards Rivers, not to mention deterring posters who have better things to do than break down said word vomit you tend to spew.
                          Not to speak for everyone else but I doubt anyone is impressed by your schtick, and I know that matters to you.
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X