• Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Mack getting the best of Tristan Wirfs, who owned Bosa on Sunday.
    Bosa injury must be more serious

Comment

• Biggestfan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

Bosa injury must be more serious
      If Bosa is injured the defense is really in trouble as I do not see any pass rush depth on this roster

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post

If Bosa is injured the defense is really in trouble as I do not see any pass rush depth on this roster
        And people think this is a top 5 defense or a really talented team. Not acknowledging the reality of the pass rush depth being really bad and one of the causes to the team having the bad record they have.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

I wonder what happened to Nwosu and Tillery? Not long ago, I thought they were playing well. Not at a healthy Bosa level but very few NFL players can.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
            I wonder what happened to Nwosu and Tillery? Not long ago, I thought they were playing well. Not at a healthy Bosa level but very few NFL players can.
            Tillery is taking starter snaps and is getting destroyed in run sets. Probably taking a lot out of him physically.
            Nwosu has had 12 pressures but can’t finish often enough. Taking a lot of snaps with SupaMel out.

“And people think this is a top 5 defense or a really talented team. Not acknowledging the reality of the pass rush depth being really bad and one of the causes to the team having the bad record they have.“

Bosa is dinged up and now is getting doubled, chipped too often.
            The injuries to SupaMel and JJones is the issue. Hard too lose 2 starters out of 4 and remain at the same performance level.
            I’d like to see Cortez get about 30-40 snaps.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Biggestfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Tillery is taking starter snaps and is getting destroyed in run sets. Probably taking a lot out of him physically.
              Nwosu has had 12 pressures but can’t finish often enough. Taking a lot of snaps with SupaMel out.

“And people think this is a top 5 defense or a really talented team. Not acknowledging the reality of the pass rush depth being really bad and one of the causes to the team having the bad record they have.“

Bosa is dinged up and now is getting doubled, chipped too often.
              The injuries to SupaMel and JJones is the issue. Hard too lose 2 starters out of 4 and remain at the same performance level.
              I’d like to see Cortez get about 30-40 snaps.
              Agree. Depth is poor. Been saying it all season. Chargers did not address pass rush this offseason.

Comment

• PR#1
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Ceramic View Post
                Brady forgets it’s 4th down but throws 5 TDS on chargers. This team has to get better.
                Brady looked terrible in the bears game.

Not very GOATish at all

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Brady looked terrible in the bears game.

Not very GOATish at all
                  Brady is getting old...the GOAT can look like a Battering Ram many games, but other games, he's just BAAAAADDD....

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

GOOOO RAIDERS!!!
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Nothing compelling to watch today, for me. Even the raider/chief game sounds boring.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        Mack getting the best of Tristan Wirfs, who owned Bosa on Sunday.
                        Wirfs only owned Bosa because the latter isn't at 100%. From Popper:
                        Joey Bosa is very banged up at the moment. The triceps injury in his left arm is hindering him pretty significantly. He was also dealing with an ankle injury earlier in the season and is now dealing with a right knee injury that required him to wear a brace during practice this week. It is not an ideal situation by any means. He is probably playing at 80 percent at the absolute best right now.

Bosa lined up almost exclusively on the left side of the defensive line against the Bucs, over the right tackle. That is due to the triceps injury. By lining up on the left side, Bosa has his stronger, non-injured arm on the inside. That is the arm that is typically making first contact with the offensive tackle when he is rushing. The injury is preventing Bosa from moving around and rushing from the right side. That means he is rushing against the same player more often. Generally speaking, the more looks you can give an opposing offense, the better. I think that also is a factor in his play over the last couple weeks.

Bosa also brought up an interesting point about practice when I asked him about the triceps injury this week. Bosa said the triceps “felt pretty good” in the Bucs game, but he added: “Where it affected me more is just missing the last few weeks of reps in practice. So not feeling great technique-wise going out there. And then obviously coming off of a short camp and all the COVID stuff. So it’s been tough. But that’s just an excuse. I have to do a better job of preparing, whether that’s just getting some more practice reps on the side where I’m not stressing that triceps as much. I have to figure it out.”

Bosa is obviously a freakish athlete, but what makes him a transcendent player is that he is an obsessive technician when it comes to both the polish and variety of his pass-rushing arsenal. Right now, he is not getting the practice time to feel in-sync and confident in his technique. And that, it seems, is just as much of a factor as the on-field limitations caused by the injury itself.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Raiders @ KC, we're Chiefs fans today. Assuming the Chiefs win the division, the Raiders are competition for the Wild Card. Go Mahomies.

Comment

Working...
                          X