• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

While we're venting about refs/rules, if a defender grazes the helmet of a QB, it's roughing the passer regardless of the intent. That always drives me nuts. I liked it better when they had the 5 and 15 yard penalties for things like facemask penalties where you can factor in intent.

Also, in the game last night they picked up a PI flag because the ball was uncatchable. That to me, is one of the more contradictory rules they have because flags are thrown all the time that are completely away and have no affect on the play.

Comment

• Sec-E4
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2014
      • Arizona
      • Send PM

I think the fact that the hit and the play was in the out of bounds area, Might have helped out getting the call get waived. One thing is for sure, I was bummed when the hit happened and saw Malcom go down, I was thinking the worse and it didn't look good in the slo-mo replay. I thought he was done when he headed to the locker room :-/

Malcom is a fucking G !! Pretty boy Floyd will be in the Bolts Ring of Honor one day. Hes been a Charger since 2004, him and Rivers have a top QB to WR Bond. Both came in as rookies and are still here playing better than ever. Even having some injury plagued seasons, He's had consistent #'s

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Opera singer and web developer.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
        Also, in the game last night they picked up a PI flag because the ball was uncatchable. That to me, is one of the more contradictory rules they have because flags are thrown all the time that are completely away and have no affect on the play.
        Whether it's catachable or not only affects PI. And it makes sense: if the guy can't make the catch because the pass is uncatchable, then you technically can't interfere with his ability to make the catch.
        Adipose

Comment

• thelightningwill
          Go Aztecs and Pads
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
          It's semantics. Colliding with someone is not the same as hitting them. The very idea of hitting carries the idea of intent. And when attempting to hit a receiver, it doesn't matter if you didn't mean to hit him in the shoulder, neck, or head area: such a hit is a penalty. However, if you are attempting a reception, you are by definition not attempting a hit, and the rule does not apply. I know a lot of people hate semantic arguments, but that's what we've got here. It's not a penalty because the collision wasn't a hit, it was incidental contact during an attempted reception.
          So, as a defense, let's dive for the ball every time this week, and if we run over some Patriots or collide with their heads, we'll just assume the refs won't ever throw a flag.

Of all the plays in all the stadiums I have watched over the past couple years (since the NFL and the media started pretending it gave a shit about concussions), intent only mattered on this one play against Floyd. No matter what the rules say, it's not the way shit is called. If a receiver gets hit in the head, it's always a penalty. Just this once, after a huddle amongst the refs, it wasn't. Seems like bullshit.
          Last edited by thelightningwill; 12-06-2014, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
            So, as a defense, let's dive for the ball every time this week, and if we run over some Patriots or collide with their heads, we'll just assume the refs won't ever throw a flag.

Of all the plays in all the stadiums I have watched over the past couple years (since the NFL and the media started pretending it gave a shit about concussions), intent only mattered on this one play against Floyd. No matter what the rules say, it's not the way shit is called. If a receiver gets hit in the head, it's always a penalty. Just this once, after a huddle amongst the refs, it wasn't. Seems like bullshit.
            On a typical weekend, I watch 8 games. I've seen this non-call before.
            Adipose

Comment

• thelightningwill
              Go Aztecs and Pads
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

On a typical weekend, I watch 8 games. I've seen this non-call before.
              Details?

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Send PM

Details?
                Next time I see it I'll make copious notes so that I can post about it in here. However, when I'm watching football, I'm watching for enjoyment, not gathering information to win online debates. To be honest, I simply wouldn't have thought it noteworthy, as calls get reversed, usually correctly, all the time. So, sorry, I can't tell you which games, which teams, even which season, but I do know I have seen it.
                Adipose

Comment

• thelightningwill
                  Go Aztecs and Pads
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Next time I see it I'll make copious notes so that I can post about it in here. However, when I'm watching football, I'm watching for enjoyment, not gathering information to win online debates. To be honest, I simply wouldn't have thought it noteworthy, as calls get reversed, usually correctly, all the time. So, sorry, I can't tell you which games, which teams, even which season, but I do know I have seen it.
                  I know what you mean. I have seen the Chargers win 20 Super Bowls in a row.
                  Just haven't found anybody else to corroborate what I saw.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

I know what you mean. I have seen the Chargers win 20 Super Bowls in a row.
                    Just haven't found anybody else to corroborate what I saw.
                    Share that shit!
                    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X