First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21&500
    replied
    "QB expert" seems a bit of a stretch, based off Kaep
    I'd be hopeful but if he couldn't succeed at Michigan I doubt he suddenly becomes competitive against the best HCs in the NFL

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied
    Mike Golic expects NFL teams to call Jim Harbaugh this year

110 minutes ago
    The future looks really uncertain for Jim Harbaugh at Michigan. At 2-3 heading into the game against Penn State, Harbaugh’s Wolverines were definitely below expectations in 2020.

With just one year left on his deal, Harbaugh’s future with Michigan is murky but it appears he has options should he not return to Michigan after this season or even 2021. In fact, college football analyst Mike Golic thinks Harbaugh could be headed back to the NFL.

Golic believes since there’s no sign of a contract extension for Harbaugh at the moment, the NFL could come knocking before the coach even gets a chance to coach and recruit on the last year of his deal with the Wolverines.

“I don't think there's any doubt,” Golic said on the ESPN broadcast of Michigan-Penn State of Harbaugh returning to the NFL. “I think NFL teams will come after him. They know what he did when he was in the NFL. There's going to be things in play here. One more year on his deal. You don't go into the last year of your deal. That's horrible for recruiting. You can't have a lame duck coach in his last year and expect to get those recruits. I would expect an NFL team to come calling and say does Jim want to take that? If not, does Michigan extend him so you’re not on a coach in his last year of his deal in the Big Ten?”

The big question is, where would Harbaugh go should he return to the NFL? Well one organization appears to have a coaching vacancy in the future.

The NFL's only winless team, the Jets haven't yet moved on from coach Adam Gates, but that's the expectation at some point inside the organization writes New York Post columnist Brian Costello.

"Harbaugh checks a lot of boxes," Costello wrote this week. "He has been a head coach before. He took the 49ers from laughingstock to Super Bowl team. He is a quarterback expert, having played the position in the NFL and coached it. The Jets have flirted with Harbaugh before, but the timing has not been right. The timing feels right this time and it could be a match

Leave a comment:

• ghost
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If they use Parsons right then im ok with him,...he isn't a Notre Dame player though. lol.
    He and Rosseau fit the pass rush bill.

Im not familiar with Eichenburg.
    Agree.

I’m originally a defensive end. I’m sitting at 250 pounds right now. I can put on more weight to be a defensive end or I can drop the weight to be a linebacker, but I think that’s just part of my value. I am a true defensive end. I just have enough athletic ability and enough intellectual ability to play linebacker at a high level. So, I think, whether it’s a 3-4 or a 4-3, if you want me at outside D-end, I can really do it all. I’m willing to do it all, I just need an opportunity.

I’d say one of my biggest strengths is my instincts and I.Q. level. I’m really good at diagnosing plays, getting to the ball, slipping through blocks, and just finding a way to get to the ball at all times. Something that a lot of people don’t know about me is that I was a national and state champion wrestler all throughout middle school, so that helps me be more efficient on my tackles and get people to the ground. - Micah Parsons
    https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...look-interview

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied

If they use Parsons right then im ok with him,...he isn't a Notre Dame player though. lol.
    He and Rosseau fit the pass rush biil.

He goes to Notre Dame - thats usually enough for Telesco

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by ghost View Post

I hope you're comfortable with my Chargers 2021 Draft:

1) Micah Parsons LB/Penn St.
    2) Liam Eichenberg OT/Notre Dame

He and Rosseau fit the pass rush biil.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-27-2020, 03:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ghost
    replied

Id be OK with Kelly but TTT needs to stop confering with the scout there at Notre Dame. We havent hit on a star from there yet. Claypool was the only guy i liked from there lately. Tillery wasnt in my cluster.
    I hope you're comfortable with my Chargers 2021 Draft:

1) Micah Parsons LB/Penn St.
    2) Liam Eichenberg OT/Notre Dame

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Brian Kelly is my pick if Telesco gets another chance as like you said, Telescos work would be complete getting the final Notre Dame piece

but I will say this - if its between Brian Kelly and names like Arthur Smith, Joe Brady, Eberflus and the Rams DC - its a no brainer to me - pick the person who has been a HC and let those other guys either succeed or fail
    Id be OK with Kelly but TT needs to stop confering with the scout there at Notre Dame. We havent hit on a star from there yet. Claypool was the only guy i liked from there lately. Tillery wasnt in my cluster.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-27-2020, 03:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I just posted about this before reading your post because my buddy texted me his team (ND) beat Clemson
    kind of a joke because I realized they didn’t have Lawrence
    but the connection is there, it would be Telesco’s wet dream
    idk if BK would make a great NFL coach but he’s a damn good college guy

Brian Kelly is my pick if Telesco gets another chance as like you said, Telescos work would be complete getting the final Notre Dame piece

but I will say this - if its between Brian Kelly and names like Arthur Smith, Joe Brady, Eberflus and the Rams DC - its a no brainer to me - pick the person who has been a HC and let those other guys either succeed or fail

Leave a comment:

• ghost
    replied
    Eric Bieniemy is still my first choice.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/09/11/he...andidates-2021

This SI list is the most complete and accurate list I've seen. My Top Five choices are all here.

Eric Bieniemy, offensive coordinator, Kansas City Chiefs

Dave Toub, special teams coordinator, Kansas City Chiefs

Todd Bowles, defensive coordinator, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Arthur Smith, offensive coordinator, Tennessee Titans

Brandon Staley, defensive coordinator, L.A. Rams

AFC West.png

Let's dispense with the argument Anthony Lynn deserves another year. No. He doesn't.

Leave a comment:

• Panamamike
    replied
    Originally posted by electricgold View Post

1st choice to be the next HC here is Jim Harbaugh who's getting paid 7.5 million per year to coach where he's at. 2nd choice would be Belichick as long as he brought Mat Patrica with him as his DC and if McDaniels doesn't accept a HC position he would be our next OC, If he could bring one or both I would be happy. Belichick alone with a new staff would knock him off my list.
    Jim Harbaugh is the most over rated coach ever. He has never been won his division in major college football. Yes he had a good run with the niners, but that looks more like his coordinators overcame his deficiencies than anything he had to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• electricgold
    replied

Belichick makes 12.5 million at New England. Spano's would have to be hypnotized to consider spending that or anywhere near that for Bill. Would Spanos even spend 7-8 mil on him? Would Belichick accept 7-8 mil?

Find a good hypnotist.
    1st choice to be the next HC here is Jim Harbaugh who's getting paid 7.5 million per year to coach where he's at. 2nd choice would be Belichick as long as he brought Mat Patrica with him as his DC and if McDaniels doesn't accept a HC position he would be our next OC, If he could bring one or both I would be happy. Belichick alone with a new staff would knock him off my list.

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    The Pats like many teams have missed on many picks like we have but if he is the GM and has 6 rings, I'd say he is doing pretty good. Brady isn't doing it all.
    He has always had pretty decent OLs, much better than ours, has found capable RBs. WRs have been weak lately but he has had good ones too.
    And he has had some good defenses and his forte is a defensive coach.

I mean, he isn't near as bad as Jerry Jones.
    Belichick has been good at accumulating extra picks, something we suck at.
    Ya perhaps I got carried away.
    GMing is an imperfect science and BB could still be growing in that regard. What we know is that BB, with a legitimate QB can be competitive without much else.
    I would take BB as both coach and GM
    wts, perhaps BB is ready to trust someone else to be the GM.
    it’s a lot of work. It’s feasible to think BB would concede that power to someone he thought was doing a competent job. People often don’t realize that part of BBs “genius” is simply able to delegate responsibility with clear expectations. So many here assume Telesco traded up for Murray to appease Lynn (or imo Gus)
    then there’s no reason to think Telesco wouldn’t be willing to collaborate w BB in good faith.
    This would be ideal imo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X