• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    You want to re[lace Lynn with a college coach? I'll take Dabo Swinney - his team is really well coached! I'd be willing to let him bring his OC, DC, and STC with him because they are really well coached.
    Dabo - not sure if the Spanii can afford Dabo but worth the call.

I joke about Brian Kelly because of the Notre Dame connection with Telesco but he has coached many places, small school in Michigan, to Cincinnati, now Notre Dame. He just might be a good head coach

The guy at Iowa State - Daniel Jeremiah gave strong kudos too. Matt Campbell

Already know I like David Shaw

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      I thought the Harbaugh match to Michigan was perfect, but in the end, its all about results, and Michigan hasn't won a Big Ten championship since he's been there, let alone a National Championship. He hasn't produced a good pro QB as well out of Michigan. Anyway, wasn't the thing on Harbaugh was that being the hard-ass sarcastic type would only work with college athletes with the constant rotation, vs. the pros?
      Harbaugh followed suit w/Brady Hoke by getting outta SD only to disappoint @Michigan.... too bad, coz thought Hoke was an excellent Aztec HC.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Harbaugh followed suit w/Brady Hoke by getting outta SD only to disappoint @Michigan.... too bad, coz thought Hoke was an excellent Aztec HC.
        I'm not following much college football this season, including the Aztecs, but Hoke seems to be holding them steady through this Covid situation and new stadium build. I think he's figured out he best at leading very good G5 school, and could be around for a while.

Getting back to Harbaugh, he's definitely a known quantity with the ownership, but I wonder how he would work with Telesco... if he's retained, and Lynn is canned.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

I did a double take on this one beachcomber.

Brady Hoke Named SDSU Football Head Coach

Hoke named head coach

Story LinksSAN DIEGO - Brady Hoke, who led the San Diego State football team to its first bowl game in 12 seasons in his first stint on The Mesa from 2009-10 and has twice been chosen as national coach of the year, has been named the program's head coach, Aztec director of athletics John David Wicker announced Wednesday.

Comment

• SBbound
            Casual fanatic
            • Feb 2019
            • Merced/San Diego
            • Send PM

I'm not following much college football this season, including the Aztecs, but Hoke seems to be holding them steady through this Covid situation and new stadium build. I think he's figured out he best at leading very good G5 school, and could be around for a while.

Getting back to Harbaugh, he's definitely a known quantity with the ownership, but I wonder how he would work with Telesco... if he's retained, and Lynn is canned.
            Michigan looks horrible this season, Harbaugh may get the axe. I'm curious why he's being considered by so many??

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

didn't know Hoke was back w/SDSU.... that's good news, and.... if I'm Tommy T. don't think I'd do that to myself.... that is, bring in Harbaugh.
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I did a double take on this one beachcomber.

Brady Hoke Named SDSU Football Head Coach

Hoke named head coach

Story LinksSAN DIEGO - Brady Hoke, who led the San Diego State football team to its first bowl game in 12 seasons in his first stint on The Mesa from 2009-10 and has twice been chosen as national coach of the year, has been named the program's head coach, Aztec director of athletics John David Wicker announced Wednesday.
                again, really good news coz was disappointed when he left here for Michigan, and when I just checked a sec ago, only saw a blurb that he was the Dline coach, and still didn't know he was HC.

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We know TT loves ND.
                  Thats it. I want Rudy but in Samwise Gamgee attire to be our new damn HC. If he can will a 3 foot hobbit into a journey past giant spiders, giant trolls, 1000's of Raiders I mean Orcs, dragons, ghosts, smeagol, and a freakin' eyeball the size of Cowboys' stadium big screen.......then he can lead the Chargers to SB glory.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Yeah, Rocky Long 'retired' over something with the administration, and Hoke was already on the staff, so he was just promoted this off season. I really doubt that he's going to get another high end Power 5 spot, but Lame Kitten seems to have maneuvered his way back to the SEC.

I'm sure that Jim Harbaugh wouldn't be unemployed too long if he gets fired from Michigan, but I don't know what his best spot would be, pros or college. Would he be open to keeping Hamilton around for Herbert.. who knows?

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Yeah, Rocky Long 'retired' over something with the administration, and Hoke was already on the staff, so he was just promoted this off season. I really doubt that he's going to get another high end Power 5 spot, but Lame Kitten seems to have maneuvered his way back to the SEC.

I'm sure that Jim Harbaugh wouldn't be unemployed too long if he gets fired from Michigan, but I don't know what his best spot would be, pros or college. Would he be open to keeping Hamilton around for Herbert.. who knows?
                      would the Bears be a good fit for him ??

Comment

Working...
                      X