• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

OL going forward

Is there anyone that should be kept for 2015 that is under contract?
    Hashtag thepowderblues
  • Sec-E4
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2014
    • Arizona
    • Send PM

I agree, They should push forward

Comment

• Panama
      パナマ
      • Aug 2013
      • London
      • Opera singer and web developer.
      • Send PM

Fluker. I have to believe this year is a fluke because of the ankle injury.

Watt.

Off the top of my head, I don't know which of the others are under contract for next season, but I wouldn't be too bothered by any of them being upgraded/replaced. Fluker and Watt are the core to build around.
      Adipose

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Dunlop just because we need to upgrade the interior as more of a priority.
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
          Dunlop just because we need to upgrade the interior as more of a priority.
          pretty sure Dunlap is FA after this season.

Agree with Panama that Fluker and Watt are the core to build on.

IIRC both Rinehard and Porkchops have another year left on current deals- but NEITHER should be brought back with ANY intention of starting them and its critical we upgrade both OG spots to let this offense achieve all it is possible of.
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Rinehardt might be OK as a backup, though I don't know his $. Porkchops is done. Can't imagine Hardwick coming back. Dunlap has been roughly at par with his performance last year IMO but I think he might get more money than we would be willing to offer. But if you let him walk then suddenly you're in the market for a LT which trumps all other positions on the line in terms of priority. I'd hate to be back to square 1 there. I think we all agree that interior line has been our biggest problem. So you would really have to do a major rebuild this offseason...3 of 5 spots (hate to say it, as Den60 predicted), assuming they think Watt is the answer at center, otherwise 4/5.

I guess I would try to retain Dunlap at a reasonable price, if possible. Fluker needs to get healthy and put in more work this offseason as his play has suffered beyond just impacts of the ankle (like quit tackling our receivers, dude). I think Watt figures in at either G or C, IMO preferably at G. So then you'd have to fill two interior slots. I think you use #1 or #2 to fill one of them (I'd just say #1 but I still think pass rush needs a big timer). So you need a FA to fill the other.

Comment

• SDFan
              Woober Goober
              • Jun 2013
              • Dolores, CO
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
              Rinehardt might be OK as a backup, though I don't know his $. Porkchops is done. Can't imagine Hardwick coming back. Dunlap has been roughly at par with his performance last year IMO but I think he might get more money than we would be willing to offer. But if you let him walk then suddenly you're in the market for a LT which trumps all other positions on the line in terms of priority. I'd hate to be back to square 1 there. I think we all agree that interior line has been our biggest problem. So you would really have to do a major rebuild this offseason...3 of 5 spots (hate to say it, as Den60 predicted), assuming they think Watt is the answer at center, otherwise 4/5.

I guess I would try to retain Dunlap at a reasonable price, if possible. Fluker needs to get healthy and put in more work this offseason as his play has suffered beyond just impacts of the ankle (like quit tackling our receivers, dude). I think Watt figures in at either G or C, IMO preferably at G. So then you'd have to fill two interior slots. I think you use #1 or #2 to fill one of them (I'd just say #1 but I still think pass rush needs a big timer). So you need a FA to fill the other.

hard to guess as to what the club is thinking here, but I think its safe to assume they WILL try to re-sign Dunlap if he's affordable and we don't overpay. It may well be they think that this Robinson fellow has a future and Watts as well to go along with Watt and Fluker. Final OL direction will probably be in flux throughout most of next offseason...
              Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Opera singer and web developer.
                • Send PM

I think this bears repeating, as some responses are discussing Dunlap:

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                Is there anyone that should be kept for 2015 that is under contract?
                Adipose

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

You keep everyone under contract until they lose there starting job to a better player. Try to sign and draft LT, LOG, RG, or Center depending on were Ways future lies.
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

No, you instantly replace Porkchops.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

OK, what if they draft a rookie in round 4 to replace Pork chops who they cut at the end of the season, but the rookie is worse?
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Re-sign Dunlap. Hardwick is already retired based on his latest pictures. He looks like hes 240 pounds. Watt starts at Center. Fluker move to LG like Denver did with Franklin. Draft an OT in the 1st and use him at RT. Use some money to sign an OG in free agency. Rest of the draft build up both lines.

Comment

Working...
                        X