Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
    I liked him, too. I loved how his teams always played hard for him. Even the 1-15 season wasn't so bad because the players played so hard. He just had shit talent to work with.

I'll be pulling for Riley at Nebraska. He'll finally be somewhere that brings in top players.
    Back in the old days (Tom Osborne days), I was a big Nebraska fan. When they fired Solich, I quit giving a rip about them, to be honest...they were ok, but I really didn't have much a care whether they won or lost.

With Riley in charge, I may start cheering for Nebraska again. (and I'll probably stop cheering for the Beavers in the Pac12)
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

Riley was a good coach with little chance to succeed here in San Diego. Players like Seau loved the guy, he couldn't have been brought into a worse situation. I had a great opportunity back in those days to be in those locker rooms on sundays as a kid working for the team.

I saw June Jones first speeches after Gilbride was fired, many of Rileys pep talks. Seau loved June too, i would have liked to have seen June keep that job. Riley is a good man. Gilbride had an epic locker room meltdown the week before he was fired, everyone knew he was gone.

I was just a 16 year old kid, i being in the locker room pre-game watching some games on the TV and asking Leaf what the score was of a game he was watching, this was before the score was plastered on the screen constantly, dude just looked at me with disgust and said nothing and went back to watching the game.

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
        Back in the old days (Tom Osborne days), I was a big Nebraska fan. When they fired Solich, I quit giving a rip about them, to be honest...they were ok, but I really didn't have much a care whether they won or lost.

With Riley in charge, I may start cheering for Nebraska again. (and I'll probably stop cheering for the Beavers in the Pac12)
        Always cheer for beavers. Go Aztecs.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
          Money

Money

Money

And the big ten is a step up from the pac fudge as far as national perspective is concerned

He plateaued at osu. USC Ou ucla and au would always be ahead of osu as afar winning a national title goes.

Phil knight and the la moguls are spending too much money for osu to compete.

At Nebraska mike has a university that that has prestige and much easier competition to compete against for a title both for conference and national.

Where as in osu he had no chance
          If Miss and Miss St can compete, so can OSU.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard4SanDiego View Post
            Riley was a good coach with little chance to succeed here in San Diego. Players like Seau loved the guy, he couldn't have been brought into a worse situation. I had a great opportunity back in those days to be in those locker rooms on sundays as a kid working for the team.

I saw June Jones first speeches after Gilbride was fired, many of Rileys pep talks. Seau loved June too, i would have liked to have seen June keep that job. Riley is a good man. Gilbride had an epic locker room meltdown the week before he was fired, everyone knew he was gone.

I was just a 16 year old kid, i being in the locker room pre-game watching some games on the TV and asking Leaf what the score was of a game he was watching, this was before the score was plastered on the screen constantly, dude just looked at me with disgust and said nothing and went back to watching the game.
            Another Leaf is a dick story. So sad.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• thelightningwill
              Go Aztecs and Pads
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
              Another Leaf is a dick story. So sad.
              A leafdick or a dickleaf?

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Yes
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• floydefisher
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • siberiacuse, ny
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
                  Money

Money

Money

And the big ten is a step up from the pac fudge as far as national perspective is concerned

He plateaued at osu. USC Ou ucla and au would always be ahead of osu as afar winning a national title goes.

Phil knight and the la moguls are spending too much money for osu to compete.

At Nebraska mike has a university that that has prestige and much easier competition to compete against for a title both for conference and national.

Where as in osu he had no chance
                  I agree about the money, but I don't think his chances got much better going from OSU to Nebraska.

For starters, Ped State has been recruiting like gangbusters, Ohio State is Ohio State, and then you have Michigan State and Wisconsin.

If anything, the road just got a lot tougher for him.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Pellini had nine wins but he always loses to good teams....though he did beat Iowa this year who werent ranked.
                    I am actually working in the Omaha and Council Buffs Iowa area and thats all you hear around here is about the Huskers. Iowa was the only good team they beat this year. Well the Miami Hurricanes(unranked) if you want to count them but lost to Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan st while beating McNeese st, Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois, Rutgers, Fresno st and Florida Atlantic. They were beating Minnesota by 14 and ended up losing by 14 in the 4th quarter.
                    Still nine wins is good and they say they need to be better. Not sure Riley is that guy for them to be better but we'll see.

They dont play Ohio st or Ped? st next season and didnt this year.

Comment

• floydefisher
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • siberiacuse, ny
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      Pellini had nine wins but he always loses to good teams....though he did beat Iowa this year who werent ranked.
                      I am actually working in the Omaha and Council Buffs Iowa area and thats all you hear around here is about the Huskers. Iowa was the only good team they beat this year. Well the Miami Hurricanes(unranked) if you want to count them but lost to Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan st while beating McNeese st, Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois, Rutgers, Fresno st and Florida Atlantic. They were beating Minnesota by 14 and ended up losing by 14 in the 4th quarter.
                      Still nine wins is good and they say they need to be better. Not sure Riley is that guy for them to be better but we'll see.

They dont play Ohio st or Ped? st next season and didnt this year.
                      No, but they are huge roadblocks they will likely see in the Big 10 Championship game, assuming they get there.

And I'm surprised you don't know who Ped States is.....Sandusky scandal anyone?
                      sigpic

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoDak
                        • Technology Director
                        • Send PM

Nebraska's resources are much closer to the top of the Big 10, than Oregon State's are in the PAC12.

I'm not saying it's a slam dunk. But I like Coach Riley and Wish him well.

Honestly, the big 10 is probably a weaker conference. He'll contend for Conference titles there...that's my guess.
                        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

Working...
                        X