• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

With a half decent O-line...Bell can. do...oh wait. Herbert has had to scramble for his life more than Lynn would like.

Comment

• bartman83642
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

With our *#&! line and Bell's whopping 3.3 yard average with the Jets I will give a big no thank you at this point. As far as his needing to "prove" it, he was already supposed to be doing that last year with the Jets after his hold out for the entire 2018 season.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post
        With our *#&! line and Bell's whopping 3.3 yard average with the Jets I will give a big no thank you at this point. As far as his needing to "prove" it, he was already supposed to be doing that last year with the Jets after his hold out for the entire 2018 season.
        Yep...what if Bell pulls a Gordon?

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

I’m having second thoughts on my reactive “no to bell”
          as long as we don’t throw too much money at him
          Worth a gamble to see if he fits the locker room
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Our locker room culture would be damaged by the presence of Bell.

Justin Jackson did fine @ NO. Josh Kelley is going to be given a chance to show us something.
            ​​​​​Joe Reed will be next in line in our bowl of mixed nuts.

Kalen Ballage.
            Troymaine Pope.
            Darius Bradwell.

Man, we are all set.
            This is your pipe dream, not mine.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

They have to consider it. Kick the tires. The backfield is very young. So a talented veteran that can catch it and motion out and run routes is useful.
              But, Unlikely they sign him. Another team will pick him up.
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

I'm actually less worried about him being a cancer than being good.
                he showed up to NYJ realizing he wasn't wanted.
                he couldn't get past that and continued to troll his own team, not cool but I understand
                I just don't think he has burst anymore
                G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Los Angeles
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                  Can he block?
                  Good question, not sure how good of a blocker he is in pass pro. Would be nice to swing him out of the backfield for some check downs.

Comment

• eaterfan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

1st post here...

I'd pass on Bell. What are the odds this team is making the playoffs, 3%?
                    Peak Bell doesn't really materially change that. And I don't believe this is peak Le'Veon Bell. And this OL is pretty bad. And there are character concerns.

I'd start focusing on next year. With the cap going down there will be a ton of veterans cut next season and fewer teams in a position to sign them. The Chargers do have cap room without cutting anyone and cap space from this year can roll into next year. I'd save the money and use it during the off-season when their may be some of the most extreme bargains we've seen in free agency.

Even if your heart is set on upgrading at RB, you would think with the way the NFL is valuing RBs right now they will be the biggest cap cuts.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post
                      1st post here...

Peak Bell doesn't really materially change that. And I don't believe this is peak Le'Veon Bell. And this OL is pretty bad. And there are character concerns.

I'd start focusing on next year. With the cap going down there will be a ton of veterans cut next season and fewer teams in a position to sign them. The Chargers do have cap room without cutting anyone and cap space from this year can roll into next year. I'd save the money and use it during the off-season when their may be some of the most extreme bargains we've seen in free agency.

Even if your heart is set on upgrading at RB, you would think with the way the NFL is valuing RBs right now they will be the biggest cap cuts.
                      Welcome to the Blues. Great to have you.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        Our locker room culture would be damaged by the presence of Bell.

Justin Jackson did fine @ NO. Josh Kelley is going to be given a chance to show us something.
                        ​​​​​Joe Reed will be next in line in our bowl of mixed nuts.

Kalen Ballage.
                        Troymaine Pope.
                        Darius Bradwell.

Man, we are all set.
                        This is your pipe dream, not mine.
                        let’s preserve our 1-4 locker room culture. 5-11 last season.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post
                          1st post here...

Solid take and welcome to TPB!

The only way I’d consider Bell is at the vet minimum $ amount.
                          If he performs well then boon for us, if not then contract money was minimal so no great loss.
                          Then let him walk after the season and if he signs somewhere else he’ll factor into our 2022 draft compensation.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X