• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foreigner
    Tom Telesco is gone
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post
    something is broken in this scenario: guy on winless team becomes a malcontent, gets cut and gets to keep his guaranteed money - and then can go join the SB champs days later.

the new team should be forced to take on some of the guaranteed money if this happens in the middle of a season, or if the old team continues to pay his game checks, he can't sign with another team. i don't know how the details of the contracts work, but this feels broken. this reminds me of the antonio brown move from oakland to new england.

something is fucked up when an asshole can come out ahead.
    Both steelers crap....

Comment

• foreigner
      Tom Telesco is gone
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Absolutely it’s Bell’s decision as well. But did the Chargers even try? If they tried and didn’t get him that’s one thing. If they didn’t try that’s another
      That is my problem with this organization is not a killer organization... its an average organization doing average moves therefore getting average results...

Comment

• bartman83642
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Again, your take is perfect. Any snaps Bell takes from Edwards-Helaire is a good thing.
        Not necessarily. Less snaps from him over the course of the season means a fresher young player for the playoffs\Super Bowl run. Might not hit the "rookie wall" as they say.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          Great teams don’t worry about so called cancers. They have strong enough winning cultures to deal with it.

chiefs have ruled the afc west for the last 5 seasons or so and just got stronger. By how much? We don’t know. But they took the chance which is what winning franchises do
          this!

remember when the Chargers added the cancerous Keenan McCardell?
          the last time they added anybody significant was Chris Chambers...they went to the AFC championship game that year.

The last 10 + years they seem to just sit on their hands.

For those who are interested: i read that the Chiefs, Cowboys and Pats were the teams going after Bell.
          No reason why Bell would want to come to the Chargers.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

That is my problem with this organization is not a killer organization... its an average organization doing average moves therefore getting average results...
            New Stadium, New QB, Need New Tickets sales so....

opcorn:
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Silversurfer
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Los Angeles
              • Send PM

Not to worried about them signing Bell. We only got one game left against Mahomo, and our run defense hasn't been bad.

Our pass defense after the second half is another story though.
              rs_1024x759-150817131955-1024-kermit-lipton.jpg
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post

Not necessarily. Less snaps from him over the course of the season means a fresher young player for the playoffs\Super Bowl run. Might not hit the "rookie wall" as they say.
                I think that is a fair point, but when have you known Bell to be anything other than a "me first" player. If his touches get limited, based upon past behavior, he is likely to cry about it. So what does the head coach do? He either gives Bell more touches that may go beyond the regularly intended number of touches for the backup and beyond resting Edwards-Helaire, has to deal with a clanging Bell distraction issue, or moves on from Bell. None of those possibilities are bad for us in my view.

I do not see Bell as a being a difference maker in a positive way at this point in his career. Maybe he will prove me wrong, but I see the addition of him as a great big "so what" at best for the Chiefs and possibly the kind of gift that keeps on giving for other teams at worst for the Chiefs.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                  Not to worried about them signing Bell. We only got one game left against Mahomo, and our run defense hasn't been bad.

Our pass defense after the second half is another story though.
                  rs_1024x759-150817131955-1024-kermit-lipton.jpg
                  its not just second half...... its last drive of first half too....... or any time we actually stop the run and force the other team to actually pass the ball downfield, we basically are clueless defending the pass and give up quick scoring drives easily(and it does not seem to matter who the QB or team is....even burrow and Bridgewater lit up our defense whenever then needed to)...... bell is a much bigger threat in passing game than the running game....

Comment

• northerner
                    Charger fan since '79
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

The jets fired him. They should have done their research better before the signing.
                    my point is, what is to keep the next guy from doing this? in the real world, there are consequences if you go nuts at your job.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

my point is, what is to keep the next guy from doing this? in the real world, there are consequences if you go nuts at your job.
                      Not if you have a contract with guaranteed money regardless of performance.
                      Think of it more as high level executives who get massive severance package bailouts when they get fired regardless of their performance.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Not if you have a contract with guaranteed money regardless of performance.
                        Think of it more as high level executives who get massive severance package bailouts when they get fired regardless of their performance.
                        It's the price of doing business. The cowboys are on the line for $30+ mil with Dak Prescot so it's not horribly insane like if he had another $30 mil guaranteed. But yeah, having extremely disagreeable behavior should have some type of punishment like a 50% clawback. Same goes for goldbricking charger players who are bullshitting management about injuries. Soft tissue injuries should get 50% clawback vs. hard tissue verifiable injuries. The more this happens the more teams are gonna want some money back to spend on players who are playing. Just my personal wishes and my gripe!
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

You are avocating players giving back money for being hurt?

Comment

Working...
                          X