• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jubei
    Vagabond Ninja
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

i watched/listened to Boomer and Gio today and Boomer was ripping L'Avon a new one. agreed that these bitches shouldnt get their monies if they wanna play the game the way him and brown the rapist did. only in sports can you get paid to be a cancer, get moved to another org, and keep collecting checks. and no he's no executive level person...just another "look at me" primadonna biznitch!

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

The Chargers could be in first place, with Bell still available and their workhorse RB injured, and this management still wouldn't go after Bell. I applaud KC's management. Other managements like that win SB's. The Chargers management are content to watch their franchise rise in value. The Spanos' treat it like a piece of real estate. Keep it fixed up just enough.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post

Not necessarily. Less snaps from him over the course of the season means a fresher young player for the playoffs\Super Bowl run. Might not hit the "rookie wall" as they say.
        Honestly I never considered that.
        I still think it’s a win for us overall but it’s mitigated with good usage (good coaching from Reid).
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

I could care less about multi-million dollar franchises losing money to a few rotten apples, it’s inherent risk when signing guys.
          Don’t want to take risks? Draft and develop your own guys.
          but if the NFL wanted to lower the risk to promote more big splashy free agent signings, maybe they can make a rule to free up a percentage of the cap if a free agent fails to be available through, say, a 10th of their contract (arbitrary numbers as an example, just whatever makes sense)
          that way a franchise can lose money while still retain cap dollars to sign others.
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• chris9341
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Im actually glad we didn't get him. Dude is a headcase

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
              Onward and upward tho, right? KC ownership doing it right.

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2020
                • Send PM

It's a solid pick-up. Rich get richer.

I don't 100% mind players with bad attitudes. For example, I would love to see an offense of Justin Herbert/Keenan Allen/Odell Beckham Jr./Mike Williams. That's a lot of hands, route running and scoring. Plus Keenan and Odell would be getting in the defense heads because of the shit talking.

Regarding getting a big player in general: imagine if the Chargers made a move to get Hopkins. Those games we're losing in the 2nd half would not be an issue because when we need a critical play it's the players like Hopkins, Odell, Tyreek, etc. who make it happen at all ranges. Keenan is great too, but those other guys can really stretch the field slightly more vertically and Keenan would instantly be the best WR2 in the league. I think Ruggs has potential to be in that special-class tier too.

Imagine if the Chargers traded for Michael Thomas for cheap during the offseason (if healthy).
                Last edited by MusicMakerInMe; 10-19-2020, 03:12 AM.

Comment

• Biggestfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
                  Yeah glad we went to a division rival and will probably succeed in KC

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MusicMakerInMe View Post

I don't 100% mind players with bad attitudes. For example, I would love to see an offense of Justin Herbert/Keenan Allen/Odell Beckham Jr./Mike Williams. That's a lot of hands, route running and scoring. Plus Keenan and Odell would be getting in the defense heads because of the shit talking.

Regarding getting a big player in general: imagine if the Chargers made a move to get Hopkins. Those games we're losing in the 2nd half would not be an issue because when we need a critical play it's the players like Hopkins, Odell, Tyreek, etc. who make it happen at all ranges. Keenan is great too, but those other guys can really stretch the field slightly more vertically but would be instantly the best WR2 in the league. I think Ruggs has potential to be in that special-class tier too.

Imagine if the Chargers traded for Michael Thomas for cheap during the offseason (if healthy).
                    approved
                    both OBJ and Michael Thomas
                    fall under the Antonio Brown threshold of crazy

Weapons and protection for Herbert
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                      Outback Goon
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Australia
                      • Send PM

Regarding getting a big player in general: imagine if the Chargers made a move to get Hopkins. Those games we're losing in the 2nd half would not be an issue because when we need a critical play it's the players like Hopkins, Odell, Tyreek, etc. who make it happen at all ranges. Keenan is great too, but those other guys can really stretch the field slightly more vertically but would be instantly the best WR2 in the league. I think Ruggs has potential to be in that special-class tier too.

you make some great points.
                      I offer this angle:
                      IF Chargers can get healthy and consistent O-line play, Herbert will find the undrafted guys open (like has so far), so while big name playmakers are fun its the trenches that are the bigger need.

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Michael Thomas for cheap? isnt he like the highest paid WR?..or one of the highest?

Comment

• Classic
                          Hall Of Fame
                          • Dec 2014
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

Michael Thomas for cheap? isnt he like the highest paid WR?..or one of the highest?
                          It's not like we have some guys yo pay. We already signed Bosa and Allen. Henry will be the only one we sign, plus Ingram contract will be off the books this off-season.

If there is ANY truth to the rumors that Thomas is being shopped we NEED to be involved.

Comment

Working...
                          X