• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We don't have good coverage LBs or a pass rush.
    You guys can't tell me you havent griped about this for years with our coordinators.
    We're not built well on those things. Bradley needs the right players for his scheme to work fully. He's had a say in the players this team brings in. Gus is rightfully to be blamed for the mess. The depth isn't very good.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Gus still top ten in scoring defense.... so you prefer getting more sacks/turnovers, but are willing to give up more points to get 'em ??
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
        Gus still top ten in scoring defense.... so you prefer getting more sacks/turnovers, but are willing to give up more points to get 'em ??
        Whoah are defense would probably be a top 3 first half defense. Def #1 in 1st half scoring margin and dead last 2nd half scoring margin.

Comment

• bartman83642
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Ninja and Steve on the same coaching staff? Who will punch whom first?
          For the answer to that we must consult with the ghost of Buddy Ryan.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

I will take a victory... even by one stinking point.

And yes, I do think it will be close.
            :help:
            "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Stats do not tell the story.....

The only reason Bradley's defenses don't give up more points is because our opponents don't usually need very many points to beat us...... the defense is designed to keep games close but gives up the winning points to our opponent almost every time they need it.

Since our offense now has a dynamic QB, our scoring is rising and with it our opponents are forced to score more points to win so they do. which is why we are 1-4 (but our one win was a game where our defense gave up the winning score on the last drive against a weak CIN team, but we got lucky with a penalty and missed kick saving us from our first loss.....

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Whoah are defense would probably be a top 3 first half defense. Def #1 in 1st half scoring margin and dead last 2nd half scoring margin.
                the opponents scoring surge usually starts with last drive of first half..... with Gus playing some kind of conservative prevent that allows a team that was not moving the ball to score whenever they really need to...

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

the opponents scoring surge usually starts with last drive of first half..... with Gus playing some kind of conservative prevent that allows a team that was not moving the ball to score whenever they really need to...
                  That's momentum coming into the 3rd quarter especially if the opponent gets the ball back again.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

We are top 10 in losses too so something has to give. Sacks and turnovers can equal wins.

Comment

• AZBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

I have a problem with the lack of takeaways on D......I watch a lot of NFL football and I see a lot of punching and striplping to cause fumbles...... it's obviously being taught and implemented throughout the NFL......Why aren't the Chargers doing this? I rarely see it, that is frustrating......we don't play smart football, turnovers are game changers and produce wins

on the O side, let's stop the over emphasis on running on first down dammit...... we have physical Receivers Allen, Williams and Henry.....we could achieve many short passes for 6-8 yds on first down, then have down and distance in our favor for our half ass running game to convert.

Comment

• AZBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Here is a tip for the kick returners on the Chargers. If you catch it in the end zone and stay there......They GIVE you 25 yards......for FREE......
                        Not to mention the damn penalty that starts you atl the 10 or 12 yard line dammit.

it's the coaches fault for not demanding the players take the touchback, start at the 25!!

Comment

• Berserker76
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post

Not to mention the damn penalty that starts you atl the 10 or 12 yard line dammit.

it's the coaches fault for not demanding the players take the touchback, start at the 25!!
                          These stupid coverage penalties and lack of awareness by the returners are killing our field position. Having a competent special teams coach would sure be nice, but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                          X