• Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    We didn't and lost.
    That's realistic. If only our defense had continued to hold a one point lead indefinitely against one of the league's best QBs and most explosive offenses with almost the entire game played on our end of the field and little contribution from the offense and an inexperienced punter, we would have won. Yeah, I blame the D.

Comment

• homeless simpson
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

If rich doesn't like the defense last Sunday, he should post in the Dissapointing thread and not the Encouraging thread.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
        That's realistic. If only our defense had continued to hold a one point lead indefinitely against one of the league's best QBs and most explosive offenses with almost the entire game played on our end of the field and little contribution from the offense and an inexperienced punter, we would have won. Yeah, I blame the D.
        Somehow their defense held our offense scoreless for the last 43+ minutes of the game so yeah, it can be done.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
          Actually I don't think that Seattle performance was all that great. We gave up a lot of quick scoring drives; the fact that we held the ball for 40+ minutes kinda masked some of our defensive issues and that's why we won that game. Don't get me wrong, the defense still made plays in that game (esp 4th quarter from what I remember), but Seattle was scoring pretty easily for the most part. TOP won that game.

Wow, I could not disagree more. Yes, there were some quick scores, one of which was a clearly unjust call. We won TOP largely bc we kept shutting down the Seahawks. You can't control the ball if you don't have it. We consistently put pressure on the QB for, really, the first time in a few years. The secondary was really nails in terms of denying passes and knocking heads. Lynch was a non-factor. I'm really quite surprised you're downplaying that effort. I'd be hard pressed to identify a stronger defensive effort against a quality offense in several years.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
            If rich doesn't like the defense last Sunday, he should post in the Dissapointing thread and not the Encouraging thread.
            I'm glad you said that. This is the most negative encouraging thread I have seen.

Seems to me people are too disappointed in the loss to see what was, largely, a very good performance.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
              I'm glad you said that. This is the most negative encouraging thread I have seen.

Seems to me people are too disappointed in the loss to see what was, largely, a very good performance.
              Come on now - I did post the one positive thing about not having to pony up money for playoff tickets!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

You just lost a chance to continue the self enrichment tradition of Charger fans, selling your best tickets for a huge profit to out of town fans???

You still lose!
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                  You just lost a chance to continue the self enrichment tradition of Charger fans, selling your best tickets for a huge profit to out of town fans???

You still lose!
                  I gotta say, it really pisses me off when people sell their tickets. The guy who has the season tickets next to mine sold them them to a couple of Massholes (actually they were pretty cool, but listening to that accent and grown men say "Wicked" annoyed the crap out of me).

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

At least you're not "wiping your ass" with them like Belly Smalls.

Hooooccccccckkkkkkkkkk!

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

of all our Final Stretch games coming out of the bye- this is the 1 I had chalked up as a L. At least we had leads and didn't stink on all 3 sides of the ball in the same game and were pretty competitive with what may be the best AFC team right now. As long as we beat Chefs and Donkeys I like our chances of making the playoffs.
                      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                        They were dominating for three quarters, but they were also on the field for three-quarters of those three quarters because of the offense's inability to extend drives. You can't put that on the D.
                        Thats like 9 Mini-Mega Quarters!
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          If that were true, yes. For the entire game they had the ball for 9:06 longer than us. In the 4th quarter alone they had the ball 10:48 to our 4:52 (or 5:56 more). If my advanced math is correct, that means at the start of the 4th quarter, they had the ball for 3:10 more than we did up to that point.
                          Why is YOUR math so advanced, huh?
                          Just because my polynomial is 420!
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X