• Show
Clear All
  • Maverick
    (Coryellian)
    • Jun 2013
    • Point Loma
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard4SanDiego View Post
    Marty won games, he was a great coach when the pressure was off. He went 14-2 and got fired because he can't manage a ballgame under pressure situations. I don't want to finally have the players and hit some adversity and have this guy blow it, because there were 68 thousand people last night that knew he blew it with that call. It very likely would not have mattered but the game ended with 6 minutes on the clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While I like what McCoy has done so far for the most part, I can't say I disagree with you on this....his turtling at critical times is disturbing for sure.

Comment

• floydefisher
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • siberiacuse, ny
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
      I misread the question. I still believe we can make the playoffs, and I think we will.
      As far as McCoy, I'm not as impressed as most here. At least not yet.
      I'm not putting out any real opinion until year three, when this team is shaped more to his liking.

As of right now, all things considered, I'm happy with the direction it seems to be going. They blew out most of the putrid players, seem to be doing a decent job restocking via the draft and prudent free agent signings, and so far it's better this year than last year.

What more could you possibly expect especially when the team is being held together with duct tape?
      sigpic

Comment

• Maverick
        (Coryellian)
        • Jun 2013
        • Point Loma
        • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post
        What more could you possibly expect especially when the team is being held together with duct tape?
        Also a good point. McCoy is probably doing the best he can with a team that is a shell (due to significant injuries) of what it was at the beginning of the season. That said, I still wish he were more aggressive at critical times. He needs to have a little more "Tin Cup" in him....just go for it, Mike!

Comment

• MakoShark
          Disgruntled
          • Jun 2013
          • North Alabama
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
          Not sure why you feel this way, Mako. When he has even just a little more protection/time-in-the-pocket, Rivers has proven to be every bit as dangerous as Brady or Manning....maybe moreso. Not sure how you put this loss/season's disappointments on Rivers.
          In regular games that don't have a lot riding on them I'd agree with you. In the big games or post season he's not the same. 0 - 6 against Brady and Pats. He was indecisive last night even when he had time and his accuracy has been off for a few weeks now. He's the one that's took over the protection calls so I have to wonder how many of the mistakes were on the Oline and how many were on him. This late into the season I can't believe the line would have that many completely blown assignments. As was stated in the GDT Rivers has a tendency to get over-hyped and he looked that way last night.
          sigpic

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Over-compensation anticipation?

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

I do think Rivers took on too much with the line calls.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                In regular games that don't have a lot riding on them I'd agree with you. In the big games or post season he's not the same. 0 - 6 against Brady and Pats. He was indecisive last night even when he had time and his accuracy has been off for a few weeks now. He's the one that's took over the protection calls so I have to wonder how many of the mistakes were on the Oline and how many were on him. This late into the season I can't believe the line would have that many completely blown assignments. As was stated in the GDT Rivers has a tendency to get over-hyped and he looked that way last night.
                He's been inaccurate for weeks? He completed 82.9% of his passes against the Rams and 75.6% against the Ravens. He went 4-0 down the stretch last year in "big games" and put up a 116.9 QB rating in 2 playoff games last year.

Comment

• SDFan
                  Woober Goober
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Dolores, CO
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard4SanDiego View Post
                  In this head coach?

I want some real reasons why I should have faith in this head coach. Id like to think the people here are not as myopic as Raider fans, because I am trying REALLY HARD to come up with a way to defend this man today and I can't.

In my opinion I have seen all we need to see, id like to see us move on.
                  I'd sure like to see YOU move on :bitchandmoan:

I guess you weren't watching the 6 years NOrv was taking a talented team and running it into the ground, so you don't have any perspective of what the youngest HC in the NFL is doing here with a depleted roster game after game. He had the team playing over their heads last year with a winning record and playoff win and this year MORE injuries and decimated OL and still a winning record at 8-5. Go back and look at Marty's 1st 2 years W/L record as our HC and get back to us....
                  Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                    I'd sure like to see YOU move on :bitchandmoan:

I guess you weren't watching the 6 years NOrv was taking a talented team and running it into the ground, so you don't have any perspective of what the youngest HC in the NFL is doing here with a depleted roster game after game. He had the team playing over their heads last year with a winning record and playoff win and this year MORE injuries and decimated OL and still a winning record at 8-5. Go back and look at Marty's 1st 2 years W/L record as our HC and get back to us....
                    An NFL head coach should not need to learn how to manage a F'ing football game on the job. Sorry.

Injuries are an excuse that is fine with me in our case, I understand the challenges they present. But when the coach cant manage time outs, or the clock properly, or when to fucking punt or go for it then I have a problem.

An NFL football game is hard enough to win, let alone win when your coach is learning on the job.

There is no limit on staff standing on the sideline, if he is not up to the task of managing the game in the heat of the moment then pay someone to do it for him, wipe his ass, change his diaper,... whatever.

Everyone doesn't need to agree with everyone, that's why this is called a discussion board. I fucking hated Norv BTW, I still do. While McCoy hasn't been all bad, I need to see a huge jump in year 3 or its Adios.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

You are DREAMING if you think McCoy is going anywhere even if he doesn't take a huge jump next year.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        You are DREAMING if you think McCoy is going anywhere even if he doesn't take a huge jump next year.
                        maybe. his contract is only for 4 years so the Chargers would have to make a decision on extending him depending on how we do if we make the playoffs this year and if we show more progress next year (year 3).

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post

Very well put.
                          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

Working...
                          X