• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den60
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I meant to write "didn't" instead of "don't." After watching Starks plod around the field last week I really didn't expect to see him in the lineup while Rivers was at QB. I would be surprised if we see Starks in the first half at all in game 3.

Comment

• Den60
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
      I said he wouldn't make the team. But at the time it was pretty unanimous on the board that he was far better than Dunlap
      Um, unanimous? What am I, chopped liver?

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

I'm Toasted Liver, could be we are related.
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Just Groom Becton for an OL spot. Better than watching veterans who will never get any better.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Maverick
            (Coryellian)
            • Jun 2013
            • Point Loma
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
            Just Groom Becton for an OL spot. Better than watching veterans who will never get any better.
            this

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
              I agree. I don't want to hype Becton too much because he was going up against third stringers but he's got tools there to work with. He's got long arms, is athletic and showed some strength by basically stopping a guys momentum with one arm. I would like to know how he wasn't drafted because good tackles are so hard to find.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                I agree. I don't want to hype Becton too much because he was going up against third stringers but he's got tools there to work with. He's got long arms, is athletic and showed some strength by basically stopping a guys momentum with one arm. I would like to know how he wasn't drafted because good tackles are so hard to find.
                Jason Peters went undrafted I believe. Worked himself into an All-Pro. some guys are late bloomers. Some guys need the right system for their skills, the right coaches to groom them, and the drive and work ethic to succeed.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Dielman was an undrafted DL.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    Yep, but to be fair one of those sacks was against Starks who will surely be a backup himself this year (if he makes the roster).
                    Starks also known as Chocalate Clary!

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

just went back and looked at becton vs the seahawks. he was with the 2nd unit there and looked solid. I counted one pressure. Whitehurst got sacked by bectons guy on one play but that was after becton drove him out of the pocket and the guy had to come back around. That was the definition of a coverage sack. His run blocking is average but at least he likes to cut block which I like.

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                        The big issue I have is that we are going to be relying a lot on short passes to cover up the fact we can't protect the QB. This means our receivers are going to be catching balls in front of a converging coverage. They get hit a lot more and a lot harder when they do that. Given that guys like Floyd and Brown have been fragile this has to be a worry. Also, in preseason teams don't study film. They will once the games mean something. Playing a smaller game means defenses have to cover a smaller field. The Bears did a pretty good job of knowing where the ball would be even without studying film.
                        you can also throw passes to TEs and RBs over the middle instead of just "fragile" WRs. I think the plan is to get guys in space and hit them in stride more for YAC instead of having them be stationary targets to get hit hard after catching short passes...
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Mike Mccoy: "Everyone on the 1st offensive line has to play better."
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X