• Show
Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
    Meachem doesn't suck. He just needs an elite qb to make him productive. Ask his opinion of Brees vs Rivers

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

That is so painful to watch that play.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
        Meachem doesn't suck. He just needs an elite qb to make him productive. Ask his opinion of Brees vs Rivers
        No dude, Meachum really does suck.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Brees may be the most accurate passer I have ever seen.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            Den60 with throw his own mother under the bus if he thought it would help support his opinion about Rivers.
            Gates isn't fast enough to outrun Rivers arm. More things to be disappointed in...

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
              The fact that you defend Meacham like he is your brother and compare his performance to Gates or blame a poor throw (which happens from time to time) clearly illustrates you either know nothing about football, have not seen a game since he became a Bolt, or just enjoy playing the devil's advocate immensely. It makes it hard to take anything you say seriously. he has been a complete non-factor since he arrived. we may be forced to keep him due to the outrageous contract AJ gave him, but he is a waste of a roster spot and likely would be cut by any CFL team with the way he is playing. he does not run crisp routes, does not compete for the ball, does not catch with his hands well. His only attribute is speed, and that is easily negated by crowding him at the LOS because he can not get off press coverage.
              Or I was being sarcastic. Like I said, he was brought in to stretch the field. Last year he beat coverages deep quite a bit early in the season but Rivers had issues getting the ball to him. It doesn't matter if you consider those issues to be due to Rivers's arm strength or the lack of protection by the o-line. If you were on the former board you would have seen me post the prior year that Rivers had trouble hitting VJ deep early in the year (lots of overthrows). Once we figured out we couldn't throw deep Meachem's strength (his downfield speed) was largely negated.

If you think I like having him on the team I can say no. I'd rather spend that money locking up Butler. But I am not defending him when I say we can't cut him. It costs us too much to do that. I think he stays on the roster myself because IRing him will cost us an additional ~$500K.

Comment

• Den60
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                Wait, did Den really write that? What a loon.

No, Panamamike wrote that.

Comment

• Den60
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Zot View Post
                  He's a Denver fan. His job is to keep the negative mojo flowing on this board.

(I don't think I'm joking)
                  Winner, winner chicken dinner!

I can't believe it took y'all 5 years to figure out what my screen name means. You, Zot, are a regular Einstein!

Go Donkos!

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I have really been rooting for Meachum since he joined the team. Hoped he would be the new Wes Chandler. Seemed like such a good, humble kid. But it certainly appears as though he is completely demoralized right now. And we hear his body is 'breaking down.' And he cannot grasp the game plan or finish routes or fight for the ball. He has to go because otherwise all of McCoy's talk is just....talk. So somehow, even if it hurts the salary cap tremendously, he has to go. How can they say they will keep the best 53 when they keep a guy just because it is too expensive to release him? McCoy is in danger of losing the team if he keeps Meachum. I think for the greater, long term good, Meachum has to go no matter what it costs.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      I have really been rooting for Meachum since he joined the team. Hoped he would be the new Wes Chandler. Seemed like such a good, humble kid. But it certainly appears as though he is completely demoralized right now. And we hear his body is 'breaking down.' And he cannot grasp the game plan or finish routes or fight for the ball. He has to go because otherwise all of McCoy's talk is just....talk. So somehow, even if it hurts the salary cap tremendously, he has to go. How can they say they will keep the best 53 when they keep a guy just because it is too expensive to release him? McCoy is in danger of losing the team if he keeps Meachum. I think for the greater, long term good, Meachum has to go no matter what it costs.

TG
                      except we don't know what the coaches see in him every day. there's lots of armchair GMs here that determined he sux and wrote him off, but do we REALLY know the coaches agree and want him gone no matter what? the way our WRs are dropping, he may be the only healthy 1 opening day.
                      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Den60
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                        except we don't know what the coaches see in him every day. there's lots of armchair GMs here that determined he sux and wrote him off, but do we REALLY know the coaches agree and want him gone no matter what? the way our WRs are dropping, he may be the only healthy 1 opening day.
                        I think the chances of his sticking are greater than that of Royal.

Comment

Working...
                        X