• Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    Lynn says the Jets are the most dangerous team left on the schedule
    Next game is the Only threat, if you care about winning the game.
    I'd rather LAC lose out, win a top draft pick, new HC & staff.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

this likely means that Lynn, instead of ramping up the passing game and running up 40 plus offensive points?(which is what smart coaches would do), he will choose to help out jets by slowing down the game and running and running the ball, hoping for another 200 yard running game that will keep the game close and he can blame the loss on one stupid mistake, instead of on bad game plan.... lol
      100%

We will be running the ball, early and often. If we get any sort of lead, we'll take the air out of the ball. and a crucial ST error, will spark a Jets comeback.

I can see it already. Oh God stop me.
      :smh:
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        Lynn says the Jets are the most dangerous team left on the schedule
        To his career in Los Angeles? Absolutely. No one expects Lynn to be able to defeat a AFC West rival, we are 0-8 since 2019, but a loss to the winless Jets is the most dangerous team the Chargers will face, in regard to his coaching tenure.

Truly. Spot-on, Coach.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

this likely means that Lynn, instead of ramping up the passing game and running up 40 plus offensive points?(which is what smart coaches would do), he will choose to help out jets by slowing down the game and running and running the ball, hoping for another 200 yard running game that will keep the game close and he can blame the loss on one stupid mistake, instead of on bad game plan.... lol
          I really wish I could think this was tongue in cheek, but given our history...

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I really wish I could think this was tongue in cheek, but given our history...
            Hell, even better is keep it close and then let special teams screw it up with a blocked punt or a partially blocked field goal and then blame it on player execution.

:wtf2:
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Yep...Lynn's bifurcated thinking goes something like this: "Well, we lost most of those games when we opened up the passing game, so now we need to go heavy on the ground game..." It's like there's no happy medium with the dude...

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

The Chargers lost to the 2016 Browns who were 0-14.

Watch how the game was close at the end and the Chargers Special Teams tried to shoot themselves in the foot, but shot themselves in the head. Twice.

It's a carbon copy now of the teams' play in 2016 under McCoy, who was fired a week after losing to the winless Browns.

498f29f5a6210c0228ea08410122d07b.jpg

'It's The Circle of Life!'
                Little known fact:

At the time of kickoff, the Browns were actually favored to win that game. -2.5 I believe.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...Lynn's bifurcated thinking goes something like this: "Well, we lost most of those games when we opened up the passing game, so now we need to go heavy on the ground game..." It's like there's no happy medium with the dude...
                  exactly!.... unfortunately as long as he does things that keep games close and losses close, Lynn will stay as our HC because he can blame losses on player mistakes or bad luck, refs calls, etc.....

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

I simply have grown tired of watching this team with Anthony Lynn as Head Coach. His ineptness has killed any joy in the game.......please fire this tool now........

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                      I simply have grown tired of watching this team with Anthony Lynn as Head Coach. His ineptness has killed any joy in the game.......please fire this tool now........
                      Well said and a sentiment I arrived at at the end of last year which makes this year even more painful.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Irmo, SC
                        • Send PM

We'll get the W, but it will be ugly. We don't have the mentality to step on the throats of the teams we are supposed to beat. We just seem.to go into these games waiting for them to give us the game on a silver platter. I don't know how far that goes back, but it's far enough back that I can't remember when it wasn't that way.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post

To his career in Los Angeles? Absolutely. No one expects Lynn to be able to defeat a AFC West rival, we are 0-8 since 2019, but a loss to the winless Jets is the most dangerous team the Chargers will face, in regard to his coaching tenure.

Truly. Spot-on, Coach.
                          0-9 against the AFCW since the beginning of the 2019, but who is counting?

And I was shocked when I heard that from Lynn about the Jets. Yes, the Jets at home are the most dangerous team left on the schedule, not the Chiefs at Arrowhead. Man, that dude is clueless.

It will be difficult, though, even for Lynn to dump this game to the Jets because we should win by 21+ points and Lynn has "only" been costing us about 14-17 points per game. He will really have to ramp up the total crappiness of his coaching to a new level to lose this game.

Comment

Working...
                          X