POLL: Who Should Be The Chargers' Next Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDBORN
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

But they did hire Marty Schottenheimer at one point - so maybe they will be so embarrassed. Maybe its a small sample size but Morris is doing okay in Atlanta. Its his second job

Thats why I am done with first timers - I want a guy who has learned from his first job.

Caldwell is still my leader but I would be fine with Pagano today or David Shaw

Hell if Telesco makes the call Brian Kelly...

anybody but Lynn or one of these "hot shot" OC types
    That's true, but was so long ago now.

3rd times the charm they say... Guess spanos missed that memo as an opportunity to continue to torcher us fans.

Who knows at this point. I don't trust TT to make the right call there either.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

That's true, but was so long ago now.

3rd times the charm they say... Guess spanos missed that memo as an opportunity to continue to torcher us fans.

Who knows at this point. I don't trust TT to make the right call there either.
      TT and John D would hire anotehr first time OC type

If they go first timer, I want Saleh or Eberflus or Dave Toub

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

TT and John D would hire anotehr first time OC type

If they go first timer, I want Saleh or Eberflus or Dave Toub
        I would be good with Eberflus or Toub.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I would be good with Eberflus or Toub.
          24 hours ago - would have said no way
          today, i would take a good 3-4 run of Harbaugh
          I really can't stand him but the Spanii probably like the flashy hire

I think after Norvous Turner, Visor McCoy and now Lynn -- they will change things up

Comment

• BoltBacker
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Las Vegas, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah he is a pipe dream and has a cush job with his health issues...whatever they are.
            He left coaching once and came back, he can do it again. He made a comment earlier that any coach would take the Cowboys job as it is near the top. That said to me there are jobs out there he would take. The Chargers are in a super mega city with a potential great QB, very enticing.

Think he would mesh with Telesco and bring in a top notch staff allowing him to be the ultimate manager.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post

He left coaching once and came back, he can do it again. He made a comment earlier that any coach would take the Cowboys job as it is near the top. That said to me there are jobs out there he would take. The Chargers are in a super mega city with a potential great QB, very enticing.

Think he would mesh with Telesco and bring in a top notch staff allowing him to be the ultimate manager.
              Tha doesn't mean he was talking about himself. He came back to coaching and left again, perhaps realizing he shouldn't have. But who knows. I wouldn't turn him down.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-29-2020, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

The next HC has to be an offensive guy since Herbert is the future and you want stability for him. We cannot have a swinging door at coaching and offensive schemes for him like what happened at Oregon.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

I want anybody who understands how to use time outs, game management, when to advise your coordinators, etc

Go back to the play when it was 3rd and 18 - Bradley dropped guys deep - the Bills got 8-10 yardsd, enough to make the FG easier. At that point, Bradley has to be aggressive as who cares, 10 or 14

The plays before halftime - terrible

It was 1st and 5 down 7 and three runs, the worst play call on 3rd and a foot and than Lynn compounds it by wasting a timeout

those plays at the end, were just attrocious

So whomever they interview - focus on game and clock management and building a staff
                  Leadership and game management should be 1a and 1b. I guess the other important priority is adaptability. Know when to be aggressive and when to ease up. Play the probability.

Also hire Chip Kelly as your sport science guru if he’s available and create a department solely for injury prevention. Or as Russell Wilson calls it — Prehab.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I would be weary to bring Josh McD in after he pulled that stunt on the colts. What if he pulls the same thing again? Or the players don’t positively respond to him since Belicheat is not around to discipline guys. Just think of Patricia.
                    Yup. Given McDaniel’s history with not only the Broncos but what he did to the Colts, no thanks. Also we have to hope we get a good BB disciple like Flores, and not one of the many others that have bombed. Don’t like our chances.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

My choices are no first time - they need experience as NFL Head Coach
                      Caldwell, Josh, Bowles, Schwartz
                      Frzier and Dennis Allen - interesting names
                      I might be inclined to give Allen another crack at it - thats a good name right there
                      I like that one!
                      Historical yes, I would agree. Just sucks that that would have precluded us from getting a future Sean McVay or Kyle Shanahan.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        Didn’t see the most proven and accomplished headcoach in Belicheat (who I think is a real possibility) so I went with who I’ve been saying is the “true heir” in Josh McDaniels

last night was a masterpiece of offensive coordination (which, granted, doesn’t necessarily translate into successful HCing)
                        But no doubt JMcD will maximize our biggest football asset in Justin Herbert.

no candidate is without risk, but I feel confident that no one will out X and O him regularly, if at all.
                        no doubt he has matured since his controversial Colts walk-out and has been humbled since then.
                        the guy is a competitor with several chips on his shoulder
                        the guy is no pushover and will get in the GOATs face when needed
                        and that’s what we need

Cant say enough about how strongly I feel about JMcD
                        People thought that he matured from his Broncos debacle but then the Indy thing happened. At this point, I think he is what he is.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          Dennis Allen.
                          Keep Steichen/Pep.
                          Give Herb continuity and structure
                          for once in his life.
                          The HC should have final say in his staff. We cannot repeat the same mistakes with keeping Pagano and Whisenhunt, and scaring potential HCs away. And I say this as someone who wants to keep those two as well as Campen at OL.

Comment

Working...
                          X