POLL: Who Should Be The Chargers' Next Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    People thought that he matured from his Broncos debacle but then the Indy thing happened. At this point, I think he is what he is.
    Or maybe he was guaranteed to take over once Belicheck retired in a few years. Had to be something like that or your 100% right and a total pass!
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I hear ya but that was a while go. People learn and they drafted Tebow while he was there i believe and Cutler is just an ass.

As for this Poll, why the hec would Joe Brady be on there for HC? He is a first time OC in the NFL. Some of the others, i dont even know who they are but they seem like Spanos cheap hire types. And Steichen is on the list? WTH? He should be shitcanned as well if Lynn is fired.

Anyways, id pry Raheem Morris from Atlanta before thy get a change to give him their HC job....if they intend to and id be OK with giving McDaniels another shot.
      Agree that Brady needs another year as OC. McVay had two years before he became HC. Biggest concern about Brady, however, is staff building which McVay was able to do because he was in the league for so long prior to being an OC for only two years.

Edit: Brady is on the list because he’s intriguing as a potential offensive wunderkind. What he is doing with the Panthers this year is more impressive than what he did for LSU.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Historical yes, I would agree. Just sucks that that would have precluded us from getting a future Sean McVay or Kyle Shanahan.
        We can’t identify those guys for whatever reason. We have NEVER been successful with a first time HC.

If you think Belichick would leave, he is #1. If not, Urban Meyer and call him now. If not, we’re probably screwed

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

The HC should have final say in his staff. We cannot repeat the same mistakes with keeping Pagano and Whisenhunt, and scaring potential HCs away. And I say this as someone who wants to keep those two as well as Campen at OL.
          Agree, if you are firing a HC for another, fire them all unless it is the new HC who wants to keep any of them and not asked to keep them. Let him bring in his own people.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

The next HC has to be an offensive guy since Herbert is the future and you want stability for him. We cannot have a swinging door at coaching and offensive schemes for him like what happened at Oregon.
            just went thru all the NFL staffs and came up w/some hits (for me) such as Brian Schottenheimer, Chuck Pagano, Jason Garrett and Raheem Morris, but none of 'em checked out (via my most rigorous process , save for Dave Toub who showed out as moderately successful (David Shaw not so much), but the guy that shone over everyone was Pep ??

which is just another reason to let AL go now and not wait, as we have a golden opportunity to vet/check out a potential candidate as an interim HC, rather than wait 'til after the fact.

what if the best guy is sitting right under our very noses.... why wait ??
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We can’t identify those guys for whatever reason. We have NEVER been successful with a first time HC.

If you think Belichick would leave, he is #1. If not, Urban Meyer and call him now. If not, we’re probably screwed
              Why do people want Urben Meyer anyways? What about him that translates to the NFL?

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

That tree has a lot of dead branches for sure, but Flores and Vrabel have promise.
                To be fair, Vrabel never really coached under Belichick. He coached under O Brien. But that’s one tree down.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  After yet another week of poor ST play and Lynn isn't replacing Stewart,

I'm ready to think about a new HC. Urban Meyer would be my choice if he's interested - if not, I like Martys kid, he has that offense in Seattle humming and I think he has a good mentor up there and he must have learned a lot from Marty
                  Brian is as conservative as his dad with regards to running the ball. They’re doing well right now because he finally gave in and let Wilson cook more.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I would prefer the current Stanford coach over this guy. Harbaugh I think has a few year window in him.

harbaugh might be okay for a few years - but I think he wears out his welcome.
                    Yup that’s what I hear as well. If we get him, better hope we win a championship within that window.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      I think even I could be thought to be a good OC if I had those players the Chiefs have - fastest bunch of WR's in the league, one of the very best TE's, an OL that can make mediocre RB's look good, they even have a great FG kicker, and an MVP QB! Every OC in the league would look good working with all that talent.

The guy from the Chiefs that I wish we had is the GM that picked all those players. I don't mean that as a knock on TT but there's no denying KC has built a great team.
                      I think Reid is heavily involved in the drafting process which is why there is no drop off between Dorsey and now Brett Veach.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I, like Boltjolt, am still sitting here with my jaw on my lap, incredulous that household name Mike McCoy was chosen by Deano over Andy Reid as head coach.

What could Dean ever do or say that would make that decision OK?

Last seen in the NFL on October 19, 2018, McCoy was fired after offensive struggles with the team and was replaced by Cards new OC Byron Leftwich.

mccoy.jpg
                        To be fair, KC picked Reid as HC first before deciding on a GM. We were going the more traditional route of selecting GM first.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yes i posted an article on them here a few weks ago and Bieniemy is involved in the game plans and is involved in play designs to an extent that is unknown but he does not call the plays. Not sure if Andy just enjoys doing that and trusts himself more or feels EB isnt ready or whatever.
                          No idea but that to me doesnt make EB a good HC candidate.
                          I believe Reid always call the plays regardless of who his OC is. Same thing happened with Pederson and Nagy.

Comment

Working...
                          X