Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    anyone for a winning streak ?? :O

we've beat the teams we're s'pose to beat.... we've beaten the three worst teams in the league.

most likely win on the horizon is Atlanta w/3 wins.

might be outta our league/outflanked by the four win Broncos and/or Pats tho.... ??

Bills are in rarefied air w/seven wins and climbing.... doesn't look like one for the win column.
    I’m ok to lose out in last-minute squeakers that develop Herbert and bury Lynn, leave his successor a top-5 pick. I just hope Justin doesn’t bet Burrowed between now and Gm16. Is he our first ever ROY?

If they win one or two, thats find if they must. But if they win enough to save Lynn, thats one step forwards one giant leap backwards.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’m ok to lose out in last-minute squeakers that develop Herbert and bury Lynn, leave his successor a top-5 pick. I just hope Justin doesn’t bet Burrowed between now and Gm16. Is he our first ever ROY?

If they win one or two, thats find if they must. But if they win enough to save Lynn, thats one step forwards one giant leap backwards.
      If the Bolts win enough to save Lynn, it's like bailing out a few extra bucketfuls of water out of the Titanic--it's still going to sink, it's just delaying the inevitable...

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Anthony Lynn on the Chargers running game in the LAT.

“We have a top-10 rushing game in this league right now,” Lynn said. “We take a lot of pride in being able to run the football. And [Sunday] we simply weren’t able to between the tackles.”

Ballage finished with 16 carries for 44 yards. Herbert had two rushing attempts for 11 yards.

The other two running backs on the active roster Sunday did very little. Troymaine Pope had three rushes for four yards and rookie Josh Kelley four for minus-two.

“You gotta run the football to win most of the time,” Lynn said after the game. “I’ll tell you, we were fortunate. We’ve had a good rushing attack. But, they just outplayed us between the tackles.”

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If the Bolts win enough to save Lynn, it's like bailing out a few extra bucketfuls of water out of the Titanic--it's still going to sink, it's just delaying the inevitable...
          I think if (or when) Lynn gets laid off its his persistence and stubbornness to change and understanding problems with his own views. I mean he's foisted Tyrod on us after packing Rivers off to another team (Not seeing the talent in Herbert as well) and then unable to get a handle on special teams as well as not understanding defenses at all. Basically we've promoted a sergeant to oversee the entire Pentagon and somehow the rest of the supporting cast is supposed to bail him out!
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

It would be sad if Sunday the Spanii think that was a positive for Anthony Lynn. Again the ST with a blocked punt; the defense gave up yards a plenty in the second half and the offense kind of stalled in the second half after being ahead 24-6 and 31-13. So they win a few games and finish strong - woo hoo, 6-10 to finish the year winning 4 out of 7. Thats not enough to keep him if you ask me. The data is there. But again, this is Dean Spanos - so who the hell knows.

Its a catch 22 as I don't like the losses but keeping Lynn is a terrible long term decision. My guess, the team will lose games because of him and coaching which should seal his fate.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Anthony Lynn on the Chargers running game in the LAT.

“We have a top-10 rushing game in this league right now,” Lynn said. “We take a lot of pride in being able to run the football. And [Sunday] we simply weren’t able to between the tackles.”

Ballage finished with 16 carries for 44 yards. Herbert had two rushing attempts for 11 yards.

The other two running backs on the active roster Sunday did very little. Troymaine Pope had three rushes for four yards and rookie Josh Kelley four for minus-two.

“You gotta run the football to win most of the time,” Lynn said after the game. “I’ll tell you, we were fortunate. We’ve had a good rushing attack. But, they just outplayed us between the tackles.”
              Lol, yes, fortunate the Jets started 3 rookies in the secondary, but hey... Let's run the ball.
              Throwing should of been the game plan and seemed it was til the second half when he went a little more conservative.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

So odds makers have Chargers with another one score loss.
                Hasn't every game line been one score margins.
                ​​​​​​Have they ever been favored to win by 2 scores?

Going to be another chance to win type of game.
                Make those plays.
                Who has it better than us?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

I would suspect John Jefferson was ROY way back in the 70s. No one else that i can think of.

Just checked....it wasn't Jefferson (Earl Campbell), but there was one Charger ROY in the 70s. The only one.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I would suspect John Jefferson was ROY way back in the 70s. No one else that i can think of.

Just checked....it wasn't Jefferson (Earl Campbell), but there was one Charger ROY in the 70s. The only one.
                    Woods?

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

It would be sad if Sunday the Spanii think that was a positive for Anthony Lynn. Again the ST with a blocked punt; the defense gave up yards a plenty in the second half and the offense kind of stalled in the second half after being ahead 24-6 and 31-13. So they win a few games and finish strong - woo hoo, 6-10 to finish the year winning 4 out of 7. Thats not enough to keep him if you ask me. The data is there. But again, this is Dean Spanos - so who the hell knows.

Its a catch 22 as I don't like the losses but keeping Lynn is a terrible long term decision. My guess, the team will lose games because of him and coaching which should seal his fate.
                      The repeating theme: Herbert had 277 yards passing in the first half and 89 in the second half. The defense got torched in the second half. Imagine if the Jets offense had started out going downfield in the first half like they did in the second half - we might have lost this game. Thankfully, their coach is even worse than ours.
                      Last edited by richpjr; 11-24-2020, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The repeating theme: Herbert had 277 yards passing in the first half and 89 in the second half. The defense got torched in the second half. Imagine if the Jets offense had started out going downfield in the first half like they did in the second half - we might have list this game. Thankfully, their coach is even worse than ours.
                        Lynn’s philosophy... “fix what is not broken” meaning JH did great the first half so let’s handcuff him the second half. He was probably protecting JH as Gregg was blitzing more after the half. “Bountygate” anyone?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Um, Bosa won DROY. Thinking LT? I'm sure we had more

Comment

Working...
                          X