• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Baldy's a big fan. Excellent.

Interesting breakdown of the Rams utilize their tackles and nose tackle and the outside Wide-9 LBers.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
      It’s a compelling case you make Ghost however who will nurture the Chosen One? Very important and we can’t miss here.
      I think Pep is doing a fine job...the kid is doing great. If he had a defense that could hold onto those 4 big leads, he is 7-3 and probably headed for the playoffs his rookie year.

I got no problem with a defensive minded coach, if we do make a change. He will bring a new scheme, a new DC to match his philosophy, and a new attitude on defense. I think Pep might stay on as QB coach, if he isn't promoted to OC...Steichen isn't horrible and is trending better...and that might be because Lynn is giving him more leeway in order to save his own job...we seem to be putting the ball in Herberts hands more and more each week...but bottom line, I think the O's only real problem is below average line.

Staley is intriguing...I like the bit about him being a former QB, and is now coaching defense....good experience on both sides of the fence.

If we replace Lynn, there aren't any world beaters out there, folks. No Cowher, Gruden, Parcells...no Belicheck or Payton looking to build a new empire for the challenge of it...first time HC is the likely deal. Just remember....all these hall of fame coaches had to be first time coaches to begin with.
      The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I think Pep is doing a fine job...the kid is doing great. If he had a defense that could hold onto those 4 big leads, he is 7-3 and probably headed for the playoffs his rookie year.

I got no problem with a defensive minded coach, if we do make a change. He will bring a new scheme, a new DC to match his philosophy, and a new attitude on defense. I think Pep might stay on as QB coach, if he isn't promoted to OC...Steichen isn't horrible and is trending better...and that might be because Lynn is giving him more leeway in order to save his own job...we seem to be putting the ball in Herberts hands more and more each week...but bottom line, I think the O's only real problem is below average line.

Staley is intriguing...I like the bit about him being a former QB, and is now coaching defense....good experience on both sides of the fence.

If we replace Lynn, there aren't any world beaters out there, folks. No Cowher, Gruden, Parcells...no Belicheck or Payton looking to build a new empire for the challenge of it...first time HC is the likely deal. Just remember....all these hall of fame coaches had to be first time coaches to begin with.

Rams fans know what's up.

The Rams defense earned that #1 ranking, by beating the Seattle and Tampa Bay (Russell Wilson & Tom Brady) in back-to-back weeks.

If this post is to be taken at face value, I like the guy.

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Rams fans know what's up.

The Rams defense earned that #1 ranking, by beating the Seattle and Tampa Bay (Russell Wilson & Tom Brady) in back-to-back weeks.

If this post is to be taken at face value, I like the guy.
          I really enjoyed watching the Rams D. Brady didn’t know what hit him. My favorite play was when they showed Brady man coverage to bait him to throw the long ball. He didn’t see the safety starting to run towards the middle a few seconds before the ball was snapped to help with the deep ball. Ended up intercepting the ball and sealing the game.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Anthony Lynn's name is now legend as the All-Time Charger King of Blown Leads, as witness by his equally abysmal record in one-score games: 13-22

The Bears are 19-4 in the Matt Nagy era in games in which the offense has scored a touchdown before halftime. 19-4

If the Bears can score a single TD before halftime, the Bears defense can protect that lead.

Record.jpeg

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Strong enough to beat cancer. Guy's tough and has character.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

For the Chargers - pass.

There are too many coaches out there with more experience than this guy. Not even worth an interview in my opinion.
                Pagano, Schwartz, Bowles - hell Dennis Allen in New Orleans has done a very good job. Plus, I think Allen working for Payton might be more beneficial than working for John Fox. Terrible record with the Raiders but 6 years now again with Payton...

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                  For the Chargers - pass.

There are too many coaches out there with more experience than this guy. Not even worth an interview in my opinion.
                  Pagano, Schwartz, Bowles - hell Dennis Allen in New Orleans has done a very good job. Plus, I think Allen working for Payton might be more beneficial than working for John Fox. Terrible record with the Raiders but 6 years now again with Payton...
                  Doesn't matter with experience it's future potential. When given the chance, and you figure out how to utilize the chess pieces you have adequately, then your given the nod to graduate.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Doesn't matter with experience it's future potential. When given the chance, and you figure out how to utilize the chess pieces you have adequately, then your given the nod to graduate.
                    I say the same thing about Staley that I do about Moore, or Arthur Smith or Joe Brady - this just is not about being a coordinator - its about being a head coach. If the Chargers fire Lynn, and it might fail miserably - but the model of picking first time head coaches hasn't worked. I don't want to waste a year of Herberts career - I want somebody who will be ahead of the game the day they are hired. All these rookie HCs will have a steep learning curve. And yes, guys like Vrabel are doing well, Brian Flores - I just don't want to "take a chance on a newby" again.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I say the same thing about Staley that I do about Moore, or Arthur Smith or Joe Brady - this just is not about being a coordinator - its about being a head coach. If the Chargers fire Lynn, and it might fail miserably - but the model of picking first time head coaches hasn't worked. I don't want to waste a year of Herberts career - I want somebody who will be ahead of the game the day they are hired.
                      It's not that...it's the ability to outwit your opponent and maximize your talent. Looking forward not backward!
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Patriots Defensive Coach Dean Pees says that Bill Belichick maybe spent 45 with the defensive staff each week in preparation. The bulk of Belichick's time was spent in the quarterback room with Tom Brady, coaching Brady up on what the defense was going to do and the looks they were going to show. All-Brady prep, all-the-time.

Staley is a QB who became a defensive coordinator, a rare skill-set, that could translate rather well into teaching to Justin Herbert how to read defensive fronts.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

It's not that...it's the ability to outwit your opponent and maximize your talent. Looking forward not backward!
                          The Chargers biggest problem is basic coaching and during the game
                          Special teams
                          clock management
                          play calling - way too many runs on first down

To me, the basics. They might be doing okay Mon - Saturday but on Sunday, something isn't clicking

Comment

Working...
                          X