• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

For as bad as last week was, the Bolts gave up no sacks and no qb hits to Denver. None. And that's a pretty good pass rushing D.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
      Watt wouldn't last one day on the PS before some other team put him on their active roster. The OL arguably requires the most cohesiveness of any unit on a team. Losing Hardwick after the first game and Clary for the whole season hurt big time. Stability at center will make a huge difference, and a couple of guards with nasty attitudes will help too.
      Yep.

Comment

• BoltBalls
        Always keep eye contact!
        • Jun 2013
        • SD!
        • Send PM

I think Dunlap, Fluker and Watt are the future and all solid linemen with potential to be great. Trevor Robinson had a good showing in the Baltimore game so perhaps he can contribute at center but IMO we look for another C/G in the draft then sign a top FA veteran OG and the line should be much improved imo.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

The fact that we went from Robinson to Watt at C leads me to believe the plan is to groom Watt as a C and not OG. Just an observation, though it's a small sample.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Opera singer and web developer.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
            I wouldn't call them busts - it's too early.
            But, right now, I don't want them as starters. Watt needs to go to the practice squad 'til he improves. Fluker, this year, is, at best, qualified to be a backup. Both could improve and become worthy starters, but that isn't something I just want to hope happens. We need to get some starters, and, if Watt and Fluker improve to the point that they'd do us good, then all the better.
            Why do I feel that way?
            I've been watching the Chargers play.
            Practice squad? You would cut Watt? You would cut a third-round pick after one somewhat decent rookie season???
            Adipose

Comment

• Panama
              パナマ
              • Aug 2013
              • London
              • Opera singer and web developer.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
              Watt wouldn't last one day on the PS before some other team put him on their active roster.
              Hell, he wouldn't clear waivers.
              Adipose

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

wat
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
                  Go Aztecs and Pads
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                  Practice squad? You would cut Watt? You would cut a third-round pick after one somewhat decent rookie season???
                  Okay, practice squad, I can see, was a bad call. I wasn't thinking about other teams stealing him - just thinking he needs more practice before we should rely on him as a starter.
                  How about the inactive list?
                  Watt's season hasn't been somewhat decent. He has sucked. Not sure what everybody else is watching. For fuck's sake, he couldn't even completely beat Porkchops for the starting position. The only reason Watt is starting now is because we lost 3 or 4 other centers.
                  I do realize he's a rookie, and there is a decent chance he'll improve.
                  But I'm not counting on it for next season. Let's get somebody in there who already knows what he's doing. Rivers isn't so young that we can waste time waiting for a center to learn how to block NFL defenders. We need to win ASAP.
                  I say, for next year, if there are 4 decent O'linemen available, get them. Not asking for All Pros - just guys who won't let Rivers get broken again. And re-sign Dunlap, Flowers, and Wright. If we still have money, get a pass rusher. If we don't still have money, what the fuck did we waste money on an inside linebacker with a history of missing time due to injuries?
                  Last edited by thelightningwill; 12-19-2014, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                    Go Aztecs and Pads
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                    The fact that we went from Robinson to Watt at C leads me to believe the plan is to groom Watt as a C and not OG. Just an observation, though it's a small sample.
                    The OG position was taken during the early 90s.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Watt at Center may be the best we have now, but is he better than a FA center on the market in April? Is he better than a rookie who played 4 years at center in college?
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                        Okay, practice squad, I can see, was a bad call. I wasn't thinking about other teams stealing him - just thinking he needs more practice before we should rely on him as a starter.
                        How about the inactive list?
                        Watt's season hasn't been somewhat decent. He has sucked. Not sure what everybody else is watching. For fuck's sake, he couldn't even completely beat Porkchops for the starting position. The only reason Watt is starting now is because we lost 3 or 4 other centers.
                        I do realize he's a rookie, and there is a decent chance he'll improve.
                        But I'm not counting on it for next season. Let's get somebody in there who already knows what he's doing. Rivers isn't so young that we can waste time waiting for a center to learn how to block NFL defenders. We need to win ASAP.
                        I say, for next year, if there are 4 decent O'linemen available, get them. Not asking for All Pros - just guys who won't let Rivers get broken again. And re-sign Dunlap, Flowers, and Wright. If we still have money, get a pass rusher. If we don't still have money, what the fuck did we waste money on an inside linebacker with a history of missing time due to injuries?
                        He was ahead of Troutman in camp until he got hurt and missed time. There is zero chance we sign 4 starting offensive linemen this offseason. Watt and Fluker will be starting for us next season, bar injury along with Dunlap who we resign.

Comment

• TTK
                          EX-Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • America's Finest City
                          • Send PM

Just upgrading one of Troutman or Rinehart should make a huge difference. Upgrade them both and it's party time. Those guys stink beyond stink.

Comment

Working...
                          X