• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I judge a GM first and foremost by the Pro Bowlers and division titles they win.

AJ Smith won AFC West titles in 10 seasons. He sent 12 players to the Pro Bowl in 2006.

Tom Telesco has won zero AFC West titles in 8 seasons.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I do not fault Spanos too much. I think a lot of people have a pretty strong "Spanos is the bastard that moved the team" bias against Spanos that clouds their thinking.

For most of this century, I think Spanos has done an okay job. Butler, A.J. and Telesco have been average to very good in their time as GM. Marty was a good head coach. I do not blame Spanos for the situation that created the need to hire Norv Turner. I do not blame Spanos for trying rising names as first time head coaches even though neither have worked out.

On the whole, I would say that our GMs have been above average, our players have been well above average, and our coaches have been below average. I am not in a position to assess what John has done and say that it was good or bad. To me, it is clear that Telesco is the football mind that is providing the key input on football personnel moves, but I do not discount the possibility that John may have acquired football knowledge over the years. I can neither confirm, nor deny that, but, at a minimum, he has certainly had some exposure that should have enhanced his knowledge.
      Forget moving the team. He did that as well but he is a shit owner. I dont live in SD and havent for over 20 years so id have liked them to stay but was also hoping they would come to Las Vegas. We got the Turds instead.

Spanos s still a shit owner. Butt the fuck out is what a good owner does.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Forget moving the team. He did that as well but he is a shit owner. I dont live in SD and havent for over 20 years so id have liked them to stay but was also hoping they would come to Las Vegas. We got the Turds instead.

Spanos s still a shit owner. Butt the fuck out is what a good owner does.
        How is the Spanos family interfering in your view? The players are Telesco's players.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

How is the Spanos family interfering in your view? The players are Telesco's players.
          Go ahead, explain how one selects Mike McCoy OVER Andy Reid in 2013, BJ.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

We all know little Johnny pukeface prep school Spaznos had some schooling in drafting and football operations.The FACT is regardless the dude sucks but still without a doubt has his greasy manicured fingers in the pie because "My Daddy owns the team."

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Well ,,...that is hard to explain but my guess is:

First of all, Money. Reid makes more in KC than we have ever paid a HC here

And Spanos always wanting to keep some of his coaches for continuitity and my guess is Reid wanted his own staff. Reid was a establishd Vet HC he dont need to settle for guys he dont know or want.

And FF sakes, they even hired a consultant to help them with this hire and came up with McCoy.

Also it sure seems Dean and JohnBoy hired Lynn while Telesco doesnt get to hire teh HC of this team he supposidly runs. Seems its the Telesco and JohnBoy show.

This has all been stated in other threads but Chaincrusher is too focused on arguing with Critty lol

Comment

I do not know of any team that did that, so no explanation is necessary.

Reid cancelled his interview with us and the Cardinals after meeting with the Chiefs. We did not select McCoy over Reid any more than we selected Mike Williams over Myles Garrett in the 2017 draft.

As with your original post, your factual representation is just false.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Well ,,...that is hard to explain but my guess is:

First of all, Money. Reid makes more in KC than we have ever paid a HC here

And Spanos always wanting to keep some of his coaches for continuitity and my guess is Reid wanted his own staff. Reid was a establishd Vet HC he dont need to settle for guys he dont know or want.

And FF sakes, they even hired a consultant to help them with this hire and came up with McCoy.

Also it sure seems Dean and JohnBoy hired Lynn while Telesco doesnt get to hire teh HC of this team he supposidly runs. Seems its the Telesco and JohnBoy show.

This has all been stated in other threads but Chaincrusher is too focused on arguing with Critty lol
                  So you say it's all been said yet this poster simply rejects facts, BJ. Cool. Cool. I wont banter with him, you've done nothing when you've bested a fool.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

So you say it's all been said yet this poster simply rejects facts, BJ. Cool. Cool. I wont banter with him, you've done nothing when you've bested a fool.
                    Well if Reid did cancel with us, I dont recall that.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Nor do I, BJ. Sounds like malarkey to me.

Comment

Nor do I, BJ. Sounds like malarkey to me.
                        Multiples sources reported Reid cancelling his interview with us.

Below are links to three:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...cular/1810107/

https://pressofatlanticcity.com/spor...7a5f7af70.html

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...245751385.html

Still "malarkey" in your view?

Comment

I quoted some links to articles that discuss Reid's cancellation of his interview with us in post #23.

Does that serve to clarify the matter?

Comment

Working...
                          X