• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ceramic
    Chargers are pathetic
    • Sep 2020
    • OC
    • Send PM

Hope he lights a fire in this teams ass. No stupid 4th quarter meltdowns, double digit leads gone, missed FGs, special teams mistakes. Defense gonna finally blitz!

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Well what are realistic expectations?
      I know there is a debate about the talent level we have on defense, but going with Staley I think it's fair to expect a consistent 5 defense with a healthy Bosa and James right?
      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Isn’t 20’s the bottom of the league?
        When a team has an offense that is 30th, and under Daboll it improves to 21st with Matt Moore at QB, I would say that is pretty darn impressive in a 32 team league; especially to do so early in his career. Nevertheless, I noted that to disprove the assertion Daboll is a "one year wonder." He is 45 with vast experience and knowledge and tons of success. Staley coached a Division III school -- Telesco's alma mater -- and has one year as a DC. Unlike Daboll, he wasn't a coordinator at a national championship team.

I'll be interested to see who has the better record after 3 years: Staley or Daboll. May I be served up heaping amounts of crow.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2020
          • Send PM

So a serious question: does this mean Telesco goes defensive heavy in the draft? Does he again not address the OL?

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

More like finding out the restaurant went vegan and you’re having a soy burger. Complete 180
            Then you find out that eating vegan is the best thing that ever happened to you.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post
              So a serious question: does this mean Telesco goes defensive heavy in the draft? Does he again not address the OL?
              Well, god knows we've got to get another big boy for the defensive line and an EDGE rusher.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Send PM

Staley seems to be a proponent of building and focusing on the point of attack, so he views the lines on both of sides of the ball as priority over all other skill positions. Question is, how much input will he have over the draft process?

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Riding josh allen? you have to be absolutely off your rocker to say that. Josh Allen was dog s*** before Daboll got him in a system to utilize his strengths and improved his mechanics and accuracy.
                  their base offensive formation has 15 different plays out of it you can't defend the runner pass it's not easily broken down on film.
                  lol, picked 7th and he was dog poo?! I guess by your high standards Herbert was also dog poo at 6th. Sweet jeebus you don’t make sense but that’s cool. I’m excited for our new HC, hope they have some continuity for Herbert. Either way herberts best friend is going to be his awesome defense. I’m excited for it.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Then you find out that eating vegan is the best thing that ever happened to you.
                    ...If you aspire to age rapidly and suffer from malnutrition!
                    just teasing, haha I need humor after today’s news.
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

When a team has an offense that is 30th, and under Daboll it improves to 21st with Matt Moore at QB, I would say that is pretty darn impressive in a 32 team league; especially to do so early in his career. Nevertheless, I noted that to disprove the assertion Daboll is a "one year wonder." He is 45 with vast experience and knowledge and tons of success. Staley coached a Division III school -- Telesco's alma mater -- and has one year as a DC. Unlike Daboll, he wasn't a coordinator at a national championship team.

I'll be interested to see who has the better record after 3 years: Staley or Daboll. May I be served up heaping amounts of crow.
                      All of this. Plus he coached for Hoodie and Saban.

I will wish the best for Staley and like you - be served heaping amounts of crow but for me, it was still Daboll over Staley.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Hahaha. That’s exactly right. None of us know how this will work out. So they hired the guy with the least impressive resume of all the candidates and who has only worked under 1 fairly successful NFL coach. None of us interviewed him. Must be a knock out. Are we justified in doubting the Spanos ability to pick a HC? He’ll yes we are.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

All of this. Plus he coached for Hoodie and Saban.

I will wish the best for Staley and like you - be served heaping amounts of crow but for me, it was still Daboll over Staley.
                          Yes, but what will Daboll do to help our ST and Defense? At least Staley has an understanding of both sides of the ball and SEEKS competency wherever he goes...unlike Gus and Lynn who seek buddies to hang out with around the water cooler.

opcorn:
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X