Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
    Interesting. A couple of thoughts:
    1) I hope the Bills win the Super Bowl
    2) Daboll should still be able to interview for the position even if the Bills win this week.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Does he like bad QBs like Tyrod Taylor too?
      Yes.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Interesting. A couple of thoughts:
        1) I hope the Bills win the Super Bowl
        2) Daboll should still be able to interview for the position even if the Bills win this week.
        I hope Phil and the Colts beat them tomorrow. I don't care who the coaches are and there are two we are interviewing in this game, I want Phil to get to a SB.

Doesn't matter to me if Eberflus or Daboll's team wins or not.
        Neither are the HCs there.
        ​​
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-08-2021, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• jox g
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

There is a former HC out there with 4 years of experience, and a 33-32 overall record and 1-1 in playoffs. If you wanted an experienced HC with a playoff birth. You already had it.
          33-31

Comment

• jox g
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Belicheck = Genius.

Is Daboll one? How about Arthur Smith? Efferblus? Bienemy? Urban (unproven in NFL, potential bad health Meyer), Saleh? He's just fired up but we need SMARTS in this league. Anyone can be fired up. Brandon Staley? Joe Brady? Young.

Chargers did better w former coaches: Norv, Marty, Bobby Ross HC College.
            New Coaches: McCoy, Lynn, Al Saunders, Gilbride, Dan Henning, June Jones.

It was SMART to bring in a SMART former HC in Garret. In him, Herbert would have a Belicheck type. Garret NEVER had a genius QB before.
            It's worth a shot at Garret (from Princeton University)/Herbert being similar to Belicheck/Brady.

It's a much clearer vision. He could keep PEP. Hire a STUD DC and ST coach. Solid upgrade. Won't make boneheaded play calls/mismanagement of time that's for sure.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I hope Phil and the Colts beat them tomorrow. I don't care who the coaches are a D there are two we are interviewing in this game, I want Phil to get to a SB.

Doesn't matter to me if Eberflus or Daboll's team wins or not.
              Neither are the HCs there.
              ​​
              I want Phil to win too. But even if they beat the Bills, I just don’t see this being their year unless Phil’s plantar fasciitis magically disappears.

Edit: so it’s the Bills out of the AFC for me. I think they’re also the only one who can beat KC.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

I want Phil to win too. But even if they beat the Bills, I just don’t see this being their year unless Phil’s plantar fasciitis magically disappears.

Edit: so it’s the Bills out of the AFC for me. I think they’re also the only one who can beat KC.
                Well fortunately he doesn't play defense.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post
                  Belicheck = Genius.

Is Daboll one? How about Arthur Smith? Efferblus? Bienemy? Urban (unproven in NFL, potential bad health Meyer), Saleh? He's just fired up but we need SMARTS in this league. Anyone can be fired up. Brandon Staley? Joe Brady? Young.

It was SMART to bring in a SMART former HC in Garret. In him, Herbert would have a Belicheck type. Garret NEVER had a genius QB before.
                  It's worth a shot at Garret (from Princeton University)/Herbert being similar to Belicheck/Brady.

It's a much clearer vision. He could keep PEP. Hire a STUD DC and ST coach. Solid upgrade. Won't make boneheaded play calls/mismanagement of time that's for sure.
                  Well reasoned argument.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Looks like it’s Sunday:

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post
                      Belicheck = Genius.

I’ve been a long proponent of valuing both raw and football IQ in a HC
                      some say that’s what OCs and DCs are for, I never understood how a HC would expect people working under you to know more about football than them
                      especially in today’s game, players respond so much to “energy” and”passion” and “intangibles”
                      at some point, they need to trust that their leader is more capable than the opposition’s leader
                      Belicheat has his shares of botches, but his players don’t ever have to worry about getting out coached.
                      if it happens, it’s a fluke.
                      and that makes it much easier to simply “do your job”
                      much easier to “buy-in” “trust the process” etc
                      when you feel confident that your HC has tangible ANSWERS!!
                      And that’s why you see more hesitation from our guys now than 4 years ago. Everyone on our roster knew in their heart of hearts that Lynn was a subpar HC but really wanted to mask that fact, especially for him, but that motivation is short-lived.
                      frankly I think it speaks to a lot of our guys’ character that they fought so long and hard for a HC they knew was learning (slowly and inefficiently) on the job.
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Looks like it’s Sunday:
                        Marvin lewis????.... I feel bad for lions fans......

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Marvin lewis????.... I feel bad for lions fans......
                          Really.

Garrett > Lewis
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X