• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
    So what happens. Chargers don't pounce. Or have a select few they knew they were interested in post Lynn.
    They are interviewing 12 coaches.
    Don't team usually have that list at about 5 or so?
    Virtual interviews are cheap, and depending on the agents involved, discrete, and you get insight of your team that may be hidden. I don't think the best candidates will blow off the chance, thank god for JH.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

They should already target a guy. They have JH10.
      And throw him a pile of money. And the keys.
      Look too long get it wrong.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

You would think that guy was already targeted. This looks like a Charger shit show. Why am I not surprised?

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I watched a panel with Silver, Jeremiah, and a couple other guys. Everyone pretty much agreed Lynn was a really good guy but his issues really dictated his firing. Except Silver. He basically implied that this firing was racist and that coaches of color don’t get the tenure that white coaches do and that coaches of color don’t get a second chance elsewhere once they are fired like white coaches do. (He used Gase as an example and said Lynn had a better record) And he said that Lynn improved the Chargers. Apparently he still hates our team. And apparently he has never heard of Art Shell, Jim Caldwell, Hugh Jackson, Romeo Crennel, Lovie Smith (all got second gigs) or Marvin Lewis who was a HC for what, 14 years despite never ONCE winning a playoff game. And I am sure there are more, this was just off the top of my head. Silver is just a jerk and actually sets back the race issue with his idiocy and I doubt he really cares about it anyway.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

I really have no real clue what I am talking about...but I like some of the forum submittals I read about Staley...and I have always liked Harbough...that coach will have his shit wired tight, and the stars on this team who want to win will appreciate his professional toughness and accountability.

And he won't be playing who the Spanos or even TT want to play, he will play the best...and I am sure that will be made clear in the interview, so if he was the hire, I would feel pretty good about it.
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Never buy before you kicked the tires, test drove, and investigated other dealers to get exactly what you need not just want.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Lyth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Never buy before you kicked the tires, test drove, and investigated other dealers to get exactly what you need not just want.
                Agreed. It's not like there's a proven winner of a HC suddenly out of work. Make a bigish list. Do the web interviews with all that you can. Come out with a smaller list and dig deep.

Now we just have to hope Deano can pick a coach better than TT and the man child.

Comment

• Lyth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                  I really have no real clue what I am talking about...but I like some of the forum submittals I read about Staley...and I have always liked Harbough...that coach will have his shit wired tight, and the stars on this team who want to win will appreciate his professional toughness and accountability.

And he won't be playing who the Spanos or even TT want to play, he will play the best...and I am sure that will be made clear in the interview, so if he was the hire, I would feel pretty good about it.
                  I'd be ok with Harbaugh. He knows the game and gets alot out of his players. You're right though, he won't be told who to play. I wonder if the Spanos are ok with that?

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Yes. I can’t picture himself ever NOT being clear about that.
                    If he’s the guy, maybe the Spanos turn the corner
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      I watched a panel with Silver, Jeremiah, and a couple other guys. Everyone pretty much agreed Lynn was a really good guy but his issues really dictated his firing. Except Silver. He basically implied that this firing was racist and that coaches of color don’t get the tenure that white coaches do and that coaches of color don’t get a second chance elsewhere once they are fired like white coaches do. (He used Gase as an example and said Lynn had a better record) And he said that Lynn improved the Chargers. Apparently he still hates our team. And apparently he has never heard of Art Shell, Jim Caldwell, Hugh Jackson, Romeo Crennel, Lovie Smith (all got second gigs) or Marvin Lewis who was a HC for what, 14 years despite never ONCE winning a playoff game. And I am sure there are more, this was just off the top of my head. Silver is just a jerk and actually sets back the race issue with his idiocy and I doubt he really cares about it anyway.

TG
                      I do think Trotter was right that owners like to hire people who look like them. And yes, maybe some black coaches deserve a first interview more than some white dudes or giving the chance. But in this case, the firing based on performance and his actions, was justified. Trotter nailed it in the tweets: clock/game management and very loyal to his assistants.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                        The Precious
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
                        I saw that it was bad and very cringe and not genuine. Notice the Cal helmet behind him and this shit is a industry there.

NFLN is ass.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Yes. I can’t picture himself ever NOT being clear about that.
                          If he’s the guy, maybe the Spanos turn the corner
                          If the Spanii hire Harbaugh - that would be a good sign to me. That means they are looking to win more than just hiring a cheaper coach. I have no problem with them interviewing a bunch of guys - maybe just get more intel and insights.

Comment

Working...
                          X