• Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Yep, Hamilton and McGeoghan are doing great at their jobs, but don't think they are coaching the ST people. I think the ST coaches are Lynn and Burns, with maybe some input from Stewart? Not sure on this, but if true, can see why Badgley may be having issues.
    Our ST s more of a Lord of the Flies approach. There appears to be no coaching input.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Our ST s more of a Lord of the Flies approach. There appears to be no coaching input.
      I wasn't able to get the name of the person on twitter - I think it was Barnwell - showing how bad the Chargers are against the rest of the league in ST or maybe just punting (meaning net yards, blocked punts, distance) - they were so far and away the worst, it wasn't close

And why does the Money Misser still have a job today? He almost cost them the game

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Interesting take there, Fouts...in "Lord of the Flies," a group of young boys with no adults, stranded on an island slowly degenerate into vicious animals...in the case of the Bolts, without strong leadership, certain segments of the team (especially ST's and D), have degenerated into an unorganized rabble...

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Interesting take there, Fouts...in "Lord of the Flies," a group of young boys with no adults, stranded on an island slowly degenerate into vicious animals...in the case of the Bolts, without strong leadership, certain segments of the team (especially ST's and D), have degenerated into an unorganized rabble...
          Yes its just each guy running their own show with no leadership or direction.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

I voted he gone....but after the season...though I wouldn't be against street tryouts now.
            The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by therber219 View Post

So we have 2 position coaches who have done a good job... Are you saying that means all the coaches have? Because the special teams tragedy, the defensive collapses, and the woeful clock management point to coaching that needs replacing
              I agree.. at the end of the day head coaches are responsible for their operation overall. Why is it then all of the negative things are attributed to Lynn, but anything positive gets attributed to others?? That absolutely makes no sense to me. This is a Badgley post / section, so I certainly digressed.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2020
                • Send PM

Yep, Hamilton and McGeoghan are doing great at their jobs, but don't think they are coaching the ST people. I think the ST coaches are Lynn and Burns, with maybe some input from Stewart? Not sure on this, but if true, can see why Badgley may be having issues.
                Why is it then all of the negative things are attributed to Lynn, but anything positive gets attributed to others?? As I said before, that makes absolutely no sense to me. He is the head coach and there are def some negatives such as clock management and horrendous ST play that falls on Lynn’s shoulder, but there have been very positive player developments where Lynn should get some credit for as well. Anything less than that is one-sided and inaccurate.

I apologies for going on about non-Badgley content, so I will end it here.

Comment

• Berserker76
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
                  Why is it then all of the negative things are attributed to Lynn, but anything positive gets attributed to others?? As I said before, that makes absolutely no sense to me. He is the head coach and there are def some negatives such as clock management and horrendous ST play that falls on Lynn’s shoulder, but there have been very positive player developments where Lynn should get some credit for as well. Anything less than that is one-sided and inaccurate.

I apologies for going on about non-Badgley content, so I will end it here.
                  BoltUp, I agree with your take that Lynn should get some credit for his positives. He has kept this team competitive in the vast majority of games, not an easy feat considering the talent level is suspect in many areas. He has achieved this with a green OC and a tepid DC who appears to be tired of doing his job. I truly wanted him to succeed this year, it just wasn't in the cards. I'm hoping he's replaced at the end of the year, but if not, I will still support him. Just wanted to end this conversation on a positive note!

Comment

• SBbound
                    Casual fanatic
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Merced/San Diego
                    • Send PM

BoltUp, I agree with your take that Lynn should get some credit for his positives.... I'm hoping he's replaced at the end of the year, but if not, I will still support him. Just wanted to end this conversation on a positive note!
                    Lynn is the grand Marshall of this retard parade, he's as good as gone.

Comment

• therber219
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2017
                      • Iowa
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

I agree.. at the end of the day head coaches are responsible for their operation overall. Why is it then all of the negative things are attributed to Lynn, but anything positive gets attributed to others?? That absolutely makes no sense to me. This is a Badgley post / section, so I certainly digressed.
                      Because he is the HEAD coach... In charge of the people in charge of each aspect, and if you want me too praise Lynn for having two quality coaches, it only makes sense that he gets the blame for the crappy ones he keeps around.. Head coach...put it this way, I am in charge of a team of 15 people at my job(not a lot, but that's not the point), when they don't hit our goals, the responsibility falls to me as their leader for not either teaching them, or giving them the tools they need to do the job right. It's Lynn's job as the man in charge of the staff to fix it when it's broken.. If he can't, then it goes up the chain

Comment

• Don Corleone
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Wow a Corleone sighting? When did you show up? lol Where the hell have you been man?
                        I came back a few weeks ago. Been busy with work, kids and the whole end of the World thing.
                        I'm glad that people are still pissed at the worst ownership in professional sports.
                        The Badger needs to go. Plenty of college kids can make kicks.
                        Spanos needs to sell the team, but won't because in his words, they are a "football family".

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Don Corleone View Post

I came back a few weeks ago. Been busy with work, kids and the whole end of the World thing.
                          I'm glad that people are still pissed at the worst ownership in professional sports.
                          The Badger needs to go. Plenty of college kids can make kicks.
                          Spanos needs to sell the team, but won't because in his words, they are a "football family".
                          Haha. Good to see you are still a fan at least. lol I think. Glad you are back. Hope things are well.

Comment

Working...
                          X