• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post
    My gut feeling is that Bags will right the ship next year.......He was money the first 2 years.......he has a good leg and nice ball when he's on.

That being said, he is an ass for crowning himself "Money Badger".......bad Karma waiting to happen.
    I'm gonna be with you on the Badger life raft AZ lol........I also think Bags could right the ship but on a different team. Extra motivated, well protected/blocked, and with better ball placement could lead to pro-bowl type production. This story sounds familiar right? It might sound crazy but he could be the 3rd straight kicker in this saga.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by RyanLeaf4President View Post
      Chargers really need an accurate kicker like Lambo or Koo. Too bad we don’t have anything like that. Guess we’ll just have to keep looking.
      LMAO!! It’s amazing how even solid kickers can struggle at times. I am all in on keeping Badgley, but there needs to be some competition as well.

Comment

• Berserker76
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

LMAO!! It’s amazing how even solid kickers can struggle at times. I am all in on keeping Badgley, but there needs to be some competition as well.
        It is rumored that good coaching can sometimes remedy technical and/or mental issues that a given player may be experiencing. Keep Badgley, give him a competent coach, bring in some competition, and see what happens.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

We should maintain a reasonable approach with Badgley...

tar&feather
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• jubei
            Vagabond Ninja
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

I dunno...has he gotten to the kaeding level ALREADY?! looks like it's in his head now. kaeding couldnt shake the PO yips. dude was MONEY in the regular season but come PO he just froze.

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              We should maintain a reasonable approach with Badgley...

tar&feather
              It's a crap shoot landing a good place kicker in the NFL now. Rotating door. Josh Lambo went on to do well with the Jags until a breakdown in special teams got him on IR this year. Badgley will fight it out with whomever next summer, and will probably be cut if anyone proves to do even a little better. I have no theory as to his steady decline the past two years. As some say, maybe his first year success got to his head. Place kicker is a head thing.

There are a few gems. Some place kicker (Atlanta?) is 38 years old and still money on extra points and clutch long field goals.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

It is rumored that good coaching can sometimes remedy technical and/or mental issues that a given player may be experiencing. Keep Badgley, give him a competent coach, bring in some competition, and see what happens.
                just as you said.. if you haven’t noticed, but a franchise QB has taken major steps since college, so to be consistent, you would have to acknowledge that as well,right? Or do the rules change at that point? As we are at it, there are some WRs that have been developing also.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

So you are saying we need to extend Stewart and maybe give him a raise?

Comment

• therber219
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2017
                    • Iowa
                    • Send PM

just as you said.. if you haven’t noticed, but a franchise QB has taken major steps since college, so to be consistent, you would have to acknowledge that as well,right? Or do the rules change at that point? As we are at it, there are some WRs that have been developing also.
                    So we have 2 position coaches who have done a good job... Are you saying that means all the coaches have? Because the special teams tragedy, the defensive collapses, and the woeful clock management point to coaching that needs replacing

Comment

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      Cut the fucker. I would audition a street guy now. Look at the Miami Hurricane kicker late in the draft.
                      I voted that we should keep Badgley, but that is only because we have two games left. I have seen Borregales projected as a solid 7th round pick, but I would not mind flipping our late 6th and early 7th round picks to make sure that we get Borregales since kicker is a specialized position with limited good NFL options (as every Chargers fan knows by now).

I was hoping that we would combine that late 6th round pick with an early 6th round selection of Max Duffy as a possible replacement for Ty Long, who I see regressing. The only downside with Duffy is that he would be an older rookie (28 by the draft and 5 days younger than Long), but he has been successful for Kentucky.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by therber219 View Post

So we have 2 position coaches who have done a good job... Are you saying that means all the coaches have? Because the special teams tragedy, the defensive collapses, and the woeful clock management point to coaching that needs replacing
                        So, that's Lynn, Bradley and Stewart...might as well clean house totally...whoever comes in as HC won't want to be handcuffed by leftovers...

Comment

• Berserker76
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Yep, Hamilton and McGeoghan are doing great at their jobs, but don't think they are coaching the ST people. I think the ST coaches are Lynn and Burns, with maybe some input from Stewart? Not sure on this, but if true, can see why Badgley may be having issues.

Comment

Working...
                          X