Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

Kubiak to Denver.

As long as they can't do the illegal cut blocking, I'm fine with this hire.
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
      Kubiak to Denver.

Me too , guy is overrated..... But Elway got his buttlicker yes man.....now Kubiak has to explain to Manning why he wasn't a good fit in Houston 4 years ago

Kubiak: Well u know because Matt Schaub
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Elway has his Norv puppet.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

If Manning was smart he'd retire.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Kubiak to Denver.

Me too. I dont see Kubiak as some great hire. He has a losing record as a HC. As for that interview, he looks like the next Rich Kotite.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Kubiak to Denver.

They more than likely will use it, so get ready.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Kubiak is a great hire.....for Charger fans.

Here's why:

1. It cements that Elway's early success has led him to become a megalomaniac. He alone knows what is best for the team. So he is not going to listen to anyone.
                2. Kubiak was always Robin to Elway's Batman. So it is natural that it will continue that way. Kubiak will always do what Elway wants, even if he disagrees with it. I agree with the 'Norv puppet' analogy made earlier.
                3. It sets up a fatal dynamic -- Manning can go straight to Elway whenever he wants. The only person Elway is likely to listen to even a little bit is Manning. This means a player can undermine and circumvent his boss (the HC). Manning is too saavy to do it overtly -- but he will still do it. So if Kubiak retains Gase (who does not run a Kubiak offense) you can be sure he was told to do it by Manning via Elway. And this in turn means Gase can do whatever he wants without fear of reprisal from his boss (the HC). In short, Kubiak will quickly lose the respect of his players.
                4. Kubiak was a failure in Houston, given a long, long time with a team that eventually was stacked with high draft picks and talent. Why would be suddenly be a success in Denver?
                5. And this one may sound a little cruel, but it is factual, Kubiak has some health issues that do not comport well with the high pressure that comes along with being a head coach anywhere. That pressure is even higher in Denver where his predecessor was fired after winning four consecutive division titles, a superbowl appearance, developing several assistants who became head coaches elsewhere, and being revered by his players. How does Kubiak top that with a roster whose key players include some older ones who are now another year older and some free agent young ones who will be hard to keep?

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• floydefisher
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • siberiacuse, ny
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                  Adam Schefter: Former Bills HC Doug Marrone cancelled his Denver HC interview scheduled for Saturday; wants to wait to see what happens with Gary Kubiak.
                  Marrone is no dummy.....that was a good move on his part.

After the way Elway treated Fox, I'd be wary too. Especially if I just jettisoned myself from the Jills.
                  sigpic

Comment

• floydefisher
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • siberiacuse, ny
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                    Does that make sense?? Why would he have to cancel? This guy is really looking like a moron
                    His backup plan is to be an advisor for the Houston Texans....why would you want to work for John Elway when you can do nothing for money in Houston?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Marrone is the king of finding no win scenarios. he quits Buffalo because he is on a 1 year deal (not his contract, the new owner) wants to see what he can do and if he can make the playoffs, but they have no QB, the vet retread who might have been barely adequate up and quits. Unless someone can pull out a crystal ball and tell where he was going to get a QB, he was doomed in Buffalo.

As far as Denver goes, I think he saw the handwriting on the wall. Unless as a coach someone feels that Elway can provide everything he needs, and they are poised to lose at least some guys via FA, it is going to be tough for Denver to repeat. If Manning retires, it will get almost impossible. This has train wreck written all over it. And that is before Kubiak is added in the mix.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Dennis Allen to the Saints as an assistant
                        Vic Fangio to Bears as DC
                        Bill Musgrave is the new OC in Chokeland.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          Bill Musgrave is the new OC in Chokeland.
                          Is this guy qualified? I mean, has he ever run a bed & breakfast?

Comment

Working...
                          X