• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Rex making lots of promises... but no real promise of a Super Bowl. "The team will be ready".

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

I have to say this has been a real dynamic offseason so far with the coaching turmoil. Harbaugh and Fox out from successful programs.

Can't believe Elway just completely dismantled a 12-4 front office like he just did....very foolish and short-minded, but I guess he is a slow footed horse head type character.....can lead him to water but ya can't make him drink! They likely will lose not only the HC but their OC and DC and i'm anticipating most the assistants will start to wander away with the OC/DCs for promotions. This will sure make Manning's decision difficult....it may be starting over from a coaching perspective which to me does severely hurt the Bronco's ability to come out next year really ready. Throw in the key players that now have a dismantled front office to think about in their decision to leave or stay....I think Elway completely botched this decision and its short and long-term effects on that donkey team. I am just tickled pink at all this....its better than the Raiders usual botching of the year, draft picks and HC fire/hires.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Looks like Del Rio is the pick for the 'duhs. All they are doing now is negotiating the contract.

Comment

• Wheels
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
          I have to say this has been a real dynamic offseason so far with the coaching turmoil. Harbaugh and Fox out from successful programs.

Can't believe Elway just completely dismantled a 12-4 front office like he just did....very foolish and short-minded, but I guess he is a slow footed horse head type character.....can lead him to water but ya can't make him drink! They likely will lose not only the HC but their OC and DC and i'm anticipating most the assistants will start to wander away with the OC/DCs for promotions. This will sure make Manning's decision difficult....it may be starting over from a coaching perspective which to me does severely hurt the Bronco's ability to come out next year really ready. Throw in the key players that now have a dismantled front office to think about in their decision to leave or stay....I think Elway completely botched this decision and its short and long-term effects on that donkey team. I am just tickled pink at all this....its better than the Raiders usual botching of the year, draft picks and HC fire/hires.
          I agree, their best chance at success next year was to return the coaches and Manning, and take another stab at it. It really seems like an overreaction by Elway. It seems unlikely they'll be an improved team next year with all the upheaval.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Del Rio hired by the Raiders
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Adam Schefter:
              49ers set to promote DL coach Jim Tomsula to head coach, per sources. Still ironing out details, but Tomsula expected to be 49ers next HC.

Gase in Denver? Its what Peyton wants.
              Last edited by oneinchpunch; 01-14-2015, 03:49 PM.
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

49ers finish where they started

Posted by Mike Florio on January 14, 2015, 5:28 PM EST

Getty Images
                If former 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh had been willing to accept a trade in February 2014 to the Browns for a pair of third-round picks, the 49ers would have given the keys to defensive line coach Jim Tomsula. As what inevitably was Harbaugh’s final season approached, Tomsula remained the favorite to succeed him.

That was the vibe throughout the 2014 regular season. After Harbaugh and the 49ers had a “mutual parting” almost immediately after the final regular-season game ended, however, Tomsula’s name didn’t come up much.

It now has, with Tomsula reportedly getting the job.

Unlike new Raiders coach Jack Del Rio, who drew no interest elsewhere before being hired in Oakland, Tomsula had generated mild buzz in the last hiring cycle. The Vikings gave him an interview, and Tomsula’s name surfaced at one point as a possible candidate for the Browns’ vacancy.

The Western Pennsylvania native has nearly 30 years of coaching experience, and he served as interim head coach of the 49ers in 2010, following the termination of Mike Singletary.

The move could result in the gutting of the defensive coaching staff. With defensive coordinator Vic Fangio leapfrogged by Tomsula, Fangio likely will want out. Other remaining members of the Harbaugh staff could be reluctant to work for a guy they’d worked with for multiple years.

Tomsula won the job over Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase, whose candidacy raised intriguing questions regarding, for example, whether he’d bring his Denver system to San Francisco, forcing Colin Kaepernick to become even more of a pocket passer.

For Tomsula, the first order of business becomes finding an offensive coordinator who can get the most out of Kaepernick. For the franchise, the question becomes whether Tomsula can achieve the same level of success Harbaugh did. If not, Tomsula won’t be the head coach for long.

Permalink 10 Comments 
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                  I agree, their best chance at success next year was to return the coaches and Manning, and take another stab at it. It really seems like an overreaction by Elway. It seems unlikely they'll be an improved team next year with all the upheaval.
                  I'm sure Elway took all night to drink it over before making the call.
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

The Carousel is spinning hard! Tomsula? Wat?

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

York likes em cheap
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

The Raiders want to talk to Falcons OL coach Mike Tice… but Atlanta is denying permission, source says. They want to keep him
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          The Carousel is spinning hard! Tomsula? Wat?
                          worked OK for them when they promoted George Seifert from DC back in the day.
                          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                          X