• Send PM

Endeavor to persevere...
    sigpic

Comment

• MassGeneralBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Love the fight in these guys, lot of that the character of the people in the building . Saying that still tons of holes on this roster . Biggest problem with this team shows up clearly in the stats...,when bottom of league in running the ball and stopping the run, you're not going any where even if redzone defense able to hold like they have recently . Even though this has become a passing league when comes playoff time you need to be able to do both those things well to have any shot in the postseason . Being one dimensional on offense is jeopardizing Rivers longevity and this is gonna be Telescos biggest project getting trench play on both lines of scrimmage . McCoy also needs to start stepping out of his conservative shell in order to beat the real contending teams or else he'll end up like his Mentor Fox with no rings to show for as a head coach

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

I can say I'm grateful for the players effort. I'll leave it at that.
        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

McCoy said in the after game presser that it all starts in trenches and stated the obvious that they couldn't protect Rivers all game long. I believe he will push for upgrading both lines by whatever means necessary. TT will listen and it will be a very interesting off season
          Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Marshall/Boogie View Post
            McCoy said in the after game presser that it all starts in trenches and stated the obvious that they couldn't protect Rivers all game long. I believe he will push for upgrading both lines by whatever means necessary. TT will listen and it will be a very interesting off season
            I was going to post the same. In past pressers, McCoy has never, to my recollection, singled out a group as obviously as he called out the lines (plural) on Sunday. Usually it's double-talk, "it's all on the me and the coaching staff" and other non-specific BS. Maybe because the season is over, and he doesn't have to work with these guys again until next year, he felt it was fine to say what we ALL knew for most of this season.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Another thing I wish to say is I hope everyone heals completely from their injuries...head and body of course.
              For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• homeless simpson
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

9-7 is a fairly solid, but it's hard not to ignore the fact that we started out 5-1, and won only 4 games over the last 2/3 of the season.

it's a one game difference though from a dissapointing season and a well deserved season. Win and your in, and this would have been a truly earned playoff spot compared to last year where you had to cross your fingers that other teams self destruct (they did) and having to face a playoff bound team resting a majority of its starters.

but since we didn't, the dissapointment lies on the fact that (unlike last year) whatever problems or deficiencies the team had there was never a sense that it was addressed or being worked on.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                  I was going to post the same. In past pressers, McCoy has never, to my recollection, singled out a group as obviously as he called out the lines (plural) on Sunday. Usually it's double-talk, "it's all on the me and the coaching staff" and other non-specific BS. Maybe because the season is over, and he doesn't have to work with these guys again until next year, he felt it was fine to say what we ALL knew for most of this season.
                  And today he said they need playmakers and pass rushers
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                    And today he said they need playmakers and pass rushers
                    Well, we DO. But that doesn't mean we don't need help on the lines, too. At least let's hope that's what McCoy meant to say (without saying it).

I have no idea what this team is going to do. Some moves that seem SOOO obvious to all of us...are never made. I think the board's faithful has very high expectations of TT this off-season, at least in terms of spending money and signing FAs (which include our own, of course).

Comment

• KNSD
                      Registered Charger Hater
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
                      It wouldn't be unprecedented. Think back to 1992, making the playoffs (with a new head coach too), and winning a playoff game. Then 1993 was a down season and they didn't make the playoffs. In 1994 they made it to the Super Bowl. It could happen again.
                      Yup. This team (if healthy) will be pretty loaded going into next season. Couple key acquisitions and the team will be in a good position for a deep run into the playoffs.
                      Prediction:
                      Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                      Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                      Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

Working...
                      X