Broncos @ Chargers GDT and Post Game Discussion (Wk 16)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Couldn't post for a couple of days but got to watch the game. Is it me or is Lynn purposely trying to neuter Herberts passing attack? Lamp sucks...watched him get pushed back all the way to the QB to disrupt one play. He's definitely no better than backup.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
      Couldn't post for a couple of days but got to watch the game. Is it me or is Lynn purposely trying to neuter Herberts passing attack? Lamp sucks...watched him get pushed back all the way to the QB to disrupt one play. He's definitely no better than backup.
      The OL isn’t that great so I can understand the need to not always pass it as much. But yes, there is some neutering.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
        I saw that play too but that was the only play I noticed that happen on. There were others where he gave ground but still kept the man from getting to the QB. But, the Chargers had about sixty plays in the game and he got the job done the rest of the plays. I wouldn't get rid of a guy because he got beat on one play a game.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
          Chargers Hall of Fame
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

The OL isn’t that great so I can understand the need to not always pass it as much. But yes, there is some neutering.
          See, I don't understand this. The OL does suck, no doubt. But they suck in both phases (running the ball effectively and pass protection).

So, if you have to pick your attack, and you have the greatest rookie QB in the history of the game, why not pass more than run?

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

See, I don't understand this. The OL does suck, no doubt. But they suck in both phases (running the ball effectively and pass protection).

So, if you have to pick your attack, and you have the greatest rookie QB in the history of the game, why not pass more than run?
            Probably the fear of opening him up to too many hits ala Luck and Watson.

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Why have Herbert passing more? He’s already a proven commodity. Lynn kept him in the pocket last game to improve that part of his game. It’s the running game that stinks. It’s that part of the offense that Lynn is trying to both improve and evaluate.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Bad luck and good luck have pretty much canceled each other out this season.

This is a 6 - 10 football team.
                I would say the Bolts are a 4-12 team that got lucky a couple of games...

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

No, we’re about right where we should be. Missed field goal against the Saints, missed lateral for TD against Panthers, PI on a 4th down against the Broncos in the first meeting, dropped TDs to end the first Raider game. All unlucky breaks.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Utah
                    • Midnight Toker
                    • Send PM

How envious Donko fans are? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Hell, we're lucky we're not 0-15!
                      Bengal win was a fluke, barely escaped the 0'fer Jets, Jeudy catches ANY of his drops last week, we lose to the Donks, etc......
                      Every year it's the same from our fan base: a few plays or calls go our way, we're 12-4, or 13-3.
                      BOLLOCKS!
                      Parcells said it best: you are what your record says you are.

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Blastttoff View Post
                        Lamp you suck

"Tough. Strong. Powerful. The Forrest Sequoia, the floor lamp from Lamps Plus and Los Angeles Chargers offensive lineman Forrest Lamp, is all of these and a stylish, handsome accent for the home."

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...and-Lamps-Plus

Umm, so don't get the new lamp from Forrest Lamp? I guess I'll stick to IKEA.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                          The Precious
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                          Why have Herbert passing more? He’s already a proven commodity. Lynn kept him in the pocket last game to improve that part of his game. It’s the running game that stinks. It’s that part of the offense that Lynn is trying to both improve and evaluate.
                          Thats a good point but man Justin throws the prettiest deep ball I think I have ever seen and we’ve had some good ones. Last game just one one deep one to Guyton or Johnson. We can’t run the ball anyways and luckily Eck is strong because he’s getting cracked behind the LOS.

Comment

Working...
                          X